Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    Defending ones nation, culture and society from those that would destroy requires tough choices. I will NOT apologize for chosing my nation, culture and society over Islam.

What I always find most interesting...it is people like Sergio & Copenhagen that Islam would be first to put on the chopping block.

You will destroy your culture and society at its soul and core by what you propose. As usual you accuse those who take you on of that we would do nothing about this problem. Thats because you never read other peoples posts properly , just get all irate and think about what you want to reply. I have posted on this site many times how lethal I would be with these people who really do want to hurt us. But to do so you've got to be surgical and smart and use all the tools of realpolitik from the military to the economy/power of money to the diplomat otherwise this will last forever. But of course you are the true and only guardian of democracy here arent you Captain America?

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
      You will destroy your culture and society at its soul and core by what you propose.
      No, it won't...no more than it destroyed my culture and society "at it's soul and core" to drop nukes on Japan. If the Japanese had not surrendered, the USA would have kept on nuking until they did surrender OR they were no more...and most of the Japanese that would have been killed would have been non-combatants. Historically speaking the Japanese were just as an implacable, savage and unrelenting a foe as Islam. Again, I was exaggerating for dramatic effect relative to the destruction of Islam...BUT...if it comes down to it, we will need to be able to make the tough choice, or at the very least, Islam needs to believe we will make that choice if pushed.

Your problem is that you are unable to disassociate the needs of self-defense from ideals. What matter one's ideals if one is defeated/enslaved.

Lastly, it is the Islam apologists such as your self that are more likely to lead us to genocidal action than any other factor. Your weak willed response to the "convert or die" nature of Islam keeps the West from responding with strength...which in turn leads Islam to believe we are incapable of determined action. This mis-perception encourages the Islamofascists to continue their campaigns of terror ...and keeps the moderates (if there are any) under cover.
      Later - Tater
      "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

In no place have I have been an apologist for terrorism and murder by Islamist militants. Prove otherwise strawman.
        You apologize for Islam...you apologize for terrorists since the terrorists base their whole design on Islam.

BTW, either stop the name calling or I report you...
        Later - Tater
        "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

No, it won't...no more than it destroyed my culture and society "at it's soul and core" to drop nukes on Japan. If the Japanese had not surrendered, the USA would have kept on nuking until they did surrender OR they were no more...and most of the Japanese that would have been killed would have been non-combatants. Historically speaking the Japanese were just as an implacable, savage and unrelenting a foe as Islam. Again, I was exaggerating for dramatic effect relative to the destruction of Islam...BUT...if it comes down to it, we will need to be able to make the tough choice, or at the very least, Islam needs to believe we will make that choice if pushed.

Your problem is that you are unable to disassociate the needs of self-defense from ideals. What matter one's ideals if one is defeated/enslaved.

Lastly, it is the Islam apologists such as your self that are more likely to lead us to genocidal action than any other factor. Your weak willed response to the "convert or die" nature of Islam keeps the West from responding with strength...which in turn leads Islam to believe we are incapable of determined action. This mis-perception encourages the Islamofascists to continue their campaigns of terror ...and keeps the moderates (if there are any) under cover.
          Firstly the use of nuclear weapons on Japan was as much an experiment as a strategic method. Many couldnt believe on the Allied side what had been unleashed and there is no concrete policy that more nukes were to be used over and over on Japan. Invasion was next. Its is not comparable in scale to what you advocate doing to a multiple billion of non combatants. Post Hiroshima no one of any sane strategic thinking believes the use of nuclear weapons other than as a deterrent ( and certainly not a first strike weapon) is desirable. Or do you intend to kill all Muslims using an industrial method of disposal perhaps?

Again strawman prove to me that I am an apologist for Islamist militants. ie How I think they are good, superior to my own ideals and want them to succeed in their endeavours. Do tell. I notice how you edit my post in your quote to avoid my points about my views on what I think of Islamsits militants and what I would do to them. I think the word I used was "lethal." But thats inconvenient to your unstoppable deisre to call anyone who disagrees with you an apologist.
          Last edited by copenhagen; 15 Sep 09, 15:48.

Comment

Firstly the use of nuclear weapons on Japan was as much an experiment as a strategic method.
            And it WORKED!!! The Japanese have been a friendly, helpful, productive member of the world community ever since. Amazing what effect a couple of nukes will have on a rather blood thirsty culture like Imperial Japan.
            Later - Tater

Comment

And it WORKED!!! The Japanese have been a friendly, helpful, productive member of the world community ever since. Amazing what effect a couple of nukes will have on a rather blood thirsty culture like Imperial Japan.
              Japanese culture in terms of the corrupted military bushido wasnt particularly old and embedded (bit like Nazism in germany) in anyway like 2 billion people and 1500 year old faith system (something you keep brushing with a single stroke again and mistakenly believing that for example that the guy I play I cricket with every week who is a Muslim wants to kill me) Your analogy is shallow and historically deeply flawed. Your also avoiding/ unable to answer my other points . I strongly suspect you are unable to. You might want to stop throwing your apologist accusing rhetoric around quite so liberally with out any grounding.
              Last edited by copenhagen; 15 Sep 09, 16:08.

Comment

You apologize for Islam...you apologize for terrorists since the terrorists base their whole design on Islam.

Why? You're the one who turned it into a food fight.

There may be some good reason you two don't have eachother on "ignore" but I rather doubt it.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I would say nice try but it wasnt as you still have no grounds to accuse me of that either. No probs GCoyote , my work here is done I think.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                    Why? You're the one who turned it into a food fight.
                    How so...when did I call him names?
                    Later - Tater

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                      I would say nice try but it wasnt as you still have no grounds to accuse me of that either.
                      You make excuses for Islam's "convert or die" policy...what more proof is needed.

No probs GCoyote , my work here is done I think.
                      If your work is calling people names who disagree with you...I guess so.
                      Later - Tater

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                        Japanese culture in terms of the corrupted military bushido wasnt particularly old...
                        Bushido was as old as Japanese culture...and it was used to justify a whole rang of atrocities and violent actions. Hmmm, sounds very familiar and similar to Islam and it's "convert or die" ideology.

...(something you keep brushing with a single stroke again and mistakenly believing that for example that the guy I play I cricket with every week who is a Muslim wants to kill me)...
                        How do you know he doesn't...can you read his mind? Particularly in context of what Islam tells it's adherents to do when in a disadvantageous situation...i.e., they can lie to protect themselves against unbelievers.

Your analogy is shallow and historically deeply flawed.
                        Naaa...it is spot on. History is full of examples of how to deal with violent and blood thirsty ideologies like Islam. Apologizing for them has never worked...dealing with them in an aggressive unapologetic manner does work.

Your also avoiding/ unable to answer my other points . I strongly suspect you are unable to.
                        Your PC points have been dealt with repeatedly in various other threads.

You might want to stop throwing your apologist accusing rhetoric around quite so liberally with out any grounding.
                        When you stop making excuses for Islam's violent nature, maybe I will.
                        Later - Tater

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          How so...when did I call him names?
                          Around about post #80 he was still attacking Wolery's position that there is no solution short of genocide.

Since you choose to insert yourself you've chimed in with 'applogist' which does not follow from the content and "childish" which was pretty mild so I let it pass.

Given the OP I'm surprised this thread hadn't collapsed into political character assassination earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            Since you choose to insert yourself you've chimed in with 'applogist' which does not follow from the content and "childish" which was pretty mild so I let it pass.
                            Which were comments directed at his arguments/points...not him personally.

Given the OP I'm surprised this thread hadn't collapsed into political character assassination earlier.
                            Actually that is what he copenhagen had been doing all along. Anyone who disagreed with him relative to excusing Islam was being cast in the light of bigotry/racism...even claiming I was the same as the terrorists.

I wonder, had I taken the same direct personal tact, would your response have been a little different? Actually, since no one reported anything, I wonder why you decided to insert yourself into the thread at that particular point?

Anywho...
                            Later - Tater

Comment

Which were comments directed at his arguments/points...not him personally.

Actually that is what he copenhagen had been doing all along. Anyone who disagreed with him relative to excusing Islam was being cast in the light of bigotry/racism...even claiming I was the same as the terrorists.

I wonder, had I taken the same direct personal tact, would your response have been a little different? Actually, since no one reported anything, I wonder why you decided to insert yourself into the thread at that particular point?

Anywho...
                              Well I scanned through it and did not see him making apologies or excuses. Are you sure this is the right thread?

PM me if you want to discuss further. This isn't what people come to ACG for.

Comment

Self-defense is not murder...

We probably wouldn't have to kill them all..after several hundred million the rest would likely get the picture.
                                I can assure you that if the situation was reversed the, so called, "religion of peace" would have no compunction about pushing the genocide button on us...with a hearty Allah Akbar thrown in to boot.

I feel the same about you bleeding heart lot myself. Your are going to PC the west right into slavery.

Islam and it's policy of convert or die is the threat.

Please, PLEASE keep one thing in mind about all these "peaceful" Muslims you claim to know...their religion says it's OK to lie to non-believers.
                                I think this little gem says it all really. And a good place to finish.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X