Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Christianity was never an issue - Catholicism (and Protestantism) were more than a nuisance in Europe because they incorporated the nefarious properties of the emerging nation states with those inherent to a monotheist religion.
    The blurred lines between religion and politics. This exists today with islam.

The Islamic nuisance really does not compare.
    They're working on it.

I'm not the one using past violence to somehow make modern violence acceptable.

I agree that beyond the surface, past conquests and current attempts at conquest have little in common.

However, the idea remains the same. It's just the strategies are different, and reflect the times.

And it is most definitely NOT a nuisance.

Recognize the threat early enough, and it can be averted.

The cancer is spreading rapidly. Eventually it won't be able to be cured.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      The blurred lines between religion and politics. This exists today with islam.

They're working on it.

I'm not the one using past violence to somehow make modern violence acceptable.

I agree that beyond the surface, past conquests and current attempts at conquest have little in common.

However, the idea remains the same. It's just the strategies are different, and reflect the times.

And it is most definitely NOT a nuisance.

Recognize the threat early enough, and it can be averted.

The cancer is spreading rapidly. Eventually it won't be able to be cured.

So the current situation isn't unique......

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
        So the current situation isn't unique......
        Depends on how you look at it.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
          I was reading on Charles Martel again, as he comes up on these discussion from time to time as the hero who saved Europe from Islamization. What doesn't really come up is that a few decades before the battle of Tours he himself subdued and forcibly converted the Saxons(and continued destroying every and any last trace of their religion after). He only suffered his only defeat at the hands of one of the last pagan king as well. In any case Christianity was clearly made the dominant religion in Europe with the sword...whatever Christ or Mohammed themselves said didn't make a difference one way or the other.
          Yes, regrettibly many 'conversions' were Mafia/Muhammad style, rather than as Jesus would have preferred.

When it comes to those pagans', they weren't always a barrel of fun. Two of my Swedish ancestors are recorded as having been sacrificed to the 'gods of the harvest' {both were local kings to the Uppsala region], I have one ancestor who was given the title of 'King of the Druids' - they practised human sacrifice as well - every now and then evidence of such sacrifices emerge from the peat bogs.
          Last edited by Wooden Wonder; 06 Aug 16, 06:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
            Yes, regrettibly many 'conversions' were Mafia/Muhammad style, rather than as Jesus would have preferred.

When it comes to those pagans', they weren't always a barrel of fun. Two of my Swedish ancestors are recorded as having been sacrificed to the 'gods of the harvest' {both were local kings to the Uppsala region], I have one ancestor who was given the title of 'King of the Druids' - they practised human sacrifice as well - every now and then evidence of such sacrifices emerge from the peat bogs.
            Well, the pagans had some fun massacring Christians as well, it's not like they were any different. Probably the most usual conversions were not, in any case, that forced as it was a simple matter of following one's king. I wonder how many sacrifices were a simple way of getting rid of undesirables or extra mouths to feed.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

• The more things change, the more they stay the same ---

Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus:

“Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will
              find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the
              sword the faith he preached. God is not pleased by blood – and not
              acting reasonably (σὺν λόγω) is contrary to God’s nature. Faith is born
              of the soul, not the body. Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the
              ability to speak well and to reason properly, without violence and
              threats… To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm,
              or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with
              death…”
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Trump's Jihad Against Jihad Deserves Support
                EXCERPTS:
                Other critics chose to mock Trump, claiming he was backing off from his December 2015 statement calling for the U.S. to bar all Muslims from entering the country until America could "figure out what is going on."

But Trump is not the first to propose such a policy. A Muslim group in Canada, in the wake of the failed "Toronto 18' terror plot, called for a similar suspension.

In 2006, the Muslim Canadian Congress (MCC) suggested to Prime Minister Stephen Harper that he suspend immigration from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Somalia, until Canadians officials did thorough security checks of prospective immigrants from these countries.

Unknown to many is the fact that security checks of would-be immigrants to Canada are not done solely by Canadian (or U.S.) officials, but also rely on information from foreign security agencies that may themselves be infiltrated by terrorist sympathizers.

In 2015, I was invited to make a submission to Canada's Senate committee studying the rise of Islamic radicalism.

As part of my submission, I suggested a plan akin to what Trump has proposed. I testified,

We [should] suspend immigration from Somalia, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia until we are assured that the men and women coming here are committed not to the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Shabaab, Hamas, Hezbollah, and Jamaat-e-Islami, but to a separation of religion and state, gender equality, liberal democracy.
                Trump is not my kind of a politician, but in a world where almost no one has the courage to call an Islamist an Islamist, perhaps it's time for him to take charge of the world war that Islamism has declared on civilized people.

Trump has said that one of his first acts as president "will be to establish a Commission on Radical Islam – which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community, who will hopefully work with us. We want to build bridges and erase divisions."

Good luck on this, Donald Trump. This secular Muslim wishes you success.
                http://www.meforum.org/6200/trump-jihad-against-jihad
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Well, the pagans had some fun massacring Christians as well, it's not like they were any different. Probably the most usual conversions were not, in any case, that forced as it was a simple matter of following one's king. I wonder how many sacrifices were a simple way of getting rid of undesirables or extra mouths to feed.
                  The military forces that Jesus Christ commanded were .... ???
                  The campaigns and battles he lead those military forces in were ... ???
                  The lands his followers militarily conquered and converted in the few decades after Christ's departure/passing were .... ????

Comment

No, which is why we had reconquista, crusades and converting half the world to Christianity...after this we had the religious wars, enlightment and loads of wars that finally broke the power that the church used to have. Or, closer to truth is that the church could no longer offer the kind of power and influence that it used to, so the the powers that are no longer use it for their purposes.

Today we kill in the name of democracy, freedom, globalisation and money in general.

But sure, go ahead with your narrative of moslems being the special devil sent to torment us
                    Done already, page 43 of this thread, post #638;
                    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=638

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      The military forces that Jesus Christ commanded were .... ???
                      The campaigns and battles he lead those military forces in were ... ???
                      The lands his followers militarily conquered and converted in the few decades after Christ's departure/passing were .... ????

Wisdom is personal

Comment

• I see a regular confusion on this issue between tactical issues in the war of ideas and intellectual honesty.

It is intellectually disingenuous to assert that the violent Jihadists have an "incorrect" interpretation of Islam. The very reason they are able to sustain a large following and the ideas of "extremism" have wide support even among those not actively involved in supporting terrorism is that it is a plausible rational text driven interpretation of the Quran. Unlike Christian terrorists or warriors, they don't have to do as much work to pick out choice phrases and ignore the obvious. Violent Jihadists are Muslims and by any definition "devout" by any normal definition of that word.

On the other hand, it is problematic and entirely unhelpful (Trump) to concede the religious "high ground" within the Muslim world to the violent jihadists. Other interpretations do exist and they are just as valid or invalid.

Comment

Oh come on ... !

That's the big diference between these two "Religion Founders" is their method of establishment and the precedent for future followers and there is a clear "night -versus- day" difference here. Your post suggests either grave ignorance, or blind enabling servitude (useful fool). ...

So where do you really stand?

One "Founder" carries weapons and leads military forces in conquest and conversion ...

The other "Founder" leads no military and is a willing victim of injustice by the State ...

Do you grasp the difference ???

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            Oh come on ... !

That's the big diference between these two "Religion Founders" is their method of establishment and the precedent for future followers and there is a clear "night -versus- day" difference here. Your post suggests either grave ignorance, or blind enabling servitude (useful fool). ...

So where do you really stand?

One "Founder" carries weapons and leads military forces in conquest and conversion ...

The other "Founder" leads no military and is a willing victim of injustice by the State ...

Do you grasp the difference ???
                            Agreed, there are profound and obvious differences in plausible answers to the question of "What would Jesus do?" versus "What would Mohamed do?" based on the examples of how they led their lives.

I say this not to place one faith above the other since I think all three of the Abrahamic religions are deeply misguided and are used used to justify violence, but as a result of clear textual differences and the resultant widely held systems of belief among a significant portion of its adherents, Islam currently poses of unique threat to the values of liberal democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                              Agreed, there are profound and obvious differences in plausible answers to the question of "What would Jesus do?" versus "What would Mohamed do?" based on the examples of how they led their lives.

I say this not to place one faith above the other since I think all three of the Abrahamic religions are deeply misguided and are used used to justify violence, but as a result of clear textual differences and the resultant widely held systems of belief among a significant portion of its adherents, Islam currently poses of unique threat to the values of liberal democracy.
                              One could almost say the three Abrahamic religions are progressive efforts (experiments?) at population control methods. Keep the "natives" divided and at each others throats, then the planet's population will never unit and become an extra-terrestrial threat. That would cast Gawd(gawds) as something/someone lower down the ladder from the "Creator of the Cosmos".

Comment

• Southern Command Warns Sunni Extremists Infiltrating From South
                                Islamists freely cross U.S. border with help of S. American alien smugglers
                                Sunni extremists are infiltrating the United States with the help of alien smugglers in South America and are crossing U.S. borders with ease, according to a U.S. South Command intelligence report.

The Command’s J-2 intelligence directorate reported recently in internal channels that “special interest aliens” are working with a known alien smuggling network in Latin America to reach the United States. The smuggling network was not identified.
                                http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...trating-south/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X