Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    As telling as the automatic source bias and rejection of some posers/user-names here. See the name-calling of your earlier post, quid-pro-quo.
    Also as I said, posts wasted attacking the messenger rather than the message, classic of non-objective and regressively biased, narrow mindsets.

So how many best sellers have you written and published?
    How many of your op-eds are published and read?
    How many public speaking engagements presented?

As I said, Coultier has more cred than you and I've wasted enough time and energy responding to your insubstantial rantings.
    I fail to see your point about best sellers or published opinion pieces. Presumably there are plenty of writers or commentators that sell lots of books and get published who you strongly disagree with or disdain. Or are sales now your benchmark for validity?

You are of course welcome to show where I called you any names in that previous post. Or even Coulter for that matter - I criticised her approach and work. Accuracy is still not one of your strong points I see.
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• How can Obama break bread with them? President meets with Saudi ruler in Riyadh as row rages over secret report 'linking the Arab kingdom with 9/11 attacks'

• Terrorist certificate placed in envelope from Saudi embassy in Washington
      • Details sparked concerns government may have links to the terror attacks
      • Relations between US and Saudi are at a low point, with Obama snubbed by the King as he arrived at Riyadh airport
      • Obama has been accused of siding with Saudi over 9/11 victims' families
      • Families have been pushing Congress for the right to sue Saudi Arabia
      • Row over whether to declassify 28 pages of papers has intensified
      • See more of the latest on Saudi Arabia's 'link' to the 9/11 terror attacks

By Lydia Willgress for MailOnline and Associated Press
      Published: 05:37 EST, 20 April 2016 | Updated: 22:44 EST, 20 April 2016
      Last edited by G David Bock; 21 Apr 16, 11:17.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• ISIS is Collapsing

by Daniel Pipes
        The Miami Herald
        April 19, 2016

EXCERPTS:

I predict that the ISIS state in Syria and Iraq will collapse as fast as it arose. Indeed, I will go out on a limb and say I expect it to be gone by the end of 2016.

That the Islamic State (also known as ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh) will be gone is predictable because all totalitarian states eventually disappear due to three main developments: cadres become disillusioned, subject populations suffer, and external enemies increase in number. All these problems afflicted, for example, the fascist states of World War II as well as the Soviet bloc.

ISIS will collapse quickly because it suffers from an extreme form of these problems.
        But if the ISIS state in Syria and Iraq is doomed, ISIS will live on in other ways. First is the successor state in Libya and perhaps also others in Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, and beyond. Second is the very idea of the caliphate, a medieval concept of Muslim supremacism that has malign implications for modern life.

So, let us hasten to bring about and then celebrate the forthcoming demise of the Islamic State centered in Raqqa, Syria, without deluding ourselves that ISIS is entirely finished. To achieve that requires, unfortunately, defeating and marginalizing the entire Islamist movement. That too may happen, but is many years off.
        http://www.meforum.org/5964/isis-collapsing

Comment

• Declassified memo shows multiple Saudi connections to 9/11 plotters

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04...-plotters.html

Comment

• As Men Return From Syria, Europe Weighs Security vs. Civil Liberties

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...YAm?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Erdoğan Calls for Faith-Based UN Reform

EXCERPTS:
              ... So, because the world's top 10 economies don't want Turkey on the list; they held secret meetings and decided that the best way to stop Turkey's rise was to plot terror in a land that was best known for its peaceful past?

At the same time, Mr. Erdoğan also thinks that Turkey or another Muslim country should be sharing the same powers as the presumed culprits of the global plot against Turkey: the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.

In a recent speech, Mr. Erdoğan renewed his famous "the-world-is-greater-than-five" dictum. "There is no Muslim country among the five – all of them are Christian, non-Muslim. What is that approach? Is it fair? It's not!" he roared, reminding everyone that he wants a Muslim member state at the UNSC "only to make the world fair" (not to be confused with the fact that Mr. Erdoğan is Muslim).

Just smile and forget the fact that Mr. Erdoğan thinks that permanent member China is a Christian country. There may be a boom in the number of house churches in the country but I have not read about the Communist Party declaring the country's official religion to be Christianity.
              ... One country representing each monotheistic faith? Is Mr. Erdoğan implying that he wants Israel as a permanent member?

Should China and North Korea spell each other off and represent the atheist seat? Then the new UNSC should have India as a permanent member representing Hinduism and Japan representing Shintoism.

But the Muslim representation in UNSC could be more problematic than Mr. Erdoğan envisages. To begin with, which Islamic sect should win a seat at UNSC? Sunni or Shiite, or both? If it would be Sunni only, would that not go against Mr. Erdoğan's preaching that all faiths must be represented? So, it will be Iran and a Sunni permanent member. But which Sunni country? It is not too hard to guess Mr. Erdoğan's idea on the ideal candidate. But what would be the fair criteria? The world's "most Muslim Sunni country?" Sadly, science has not yet invented a Muslim-meter.

One natural candidate could be Saudi Arabia, the custodian of Islam's holy place. It would also be fun to have both Saudi Arabia and Iran sitting on the UNSC together and in peace – and with Israel, too.
              http://www.meforum.org/5974/erdogan-...ased-un-reform

Comment

• Well thought out and detailed article. I might provide some excerpts at a later time, but a recommended read on how to deal with the current expression and threat coming from Islamic Jihad.
                Send Ground Forces to Destroy ISIS?
                http://www.meforum.org/6045/send-gro...-to-fight-isis

Comment

• GD Bock - Regards Islamic 'militants' hitting on eachother, I am reminded of those Chicago mafia gangs, who didn't like competition, external OR internal.

Comment

• ISLAMIC STATE TIGHTENS GRIP ON CAPTIVES HELD AS SEX SLAVES
                    EXCERPT:
                    KHANKE, Iraq (AP) -- The advertisement on the Telegram app is as chilling as it is incongruous: A girl for sale is "Virgin. Beautiful. 12 years old.... Her price has reached $12,500 and she will be sold soon."

The posting in Arabic appeared on an encrypted conversation along with ads for kittens, weapons and tactical gear. It was shared with The Associated Press by an activist with the minority Yazidi community, whose women and children are being held as sex slaves by the extremists.

While the Islamic State group is losing territory in its self-styled caliphate, it is tightening its grip on the estimated 3,000 women and girls held as sex slaves. In a fusion of ancient barbaric practices and modern technology, IS sells the women like chattel on smart phone apps and shares databases that contain their photographs and the names of their "owners" to prevent their escape through IS checkpoints. The fighters are assassinating smugglers who rescue the captives, just as funds to buy the women out of slavery are drying up.

The thousands of Yazidi women and children were taken prisoner in August 2014, when IS fighters overran their villages in northern Iraq with the aim to eliminate the Kurdish-speaking minority because of its ancient faith. Since then, Arab and Kurdish smugglers managed to free an average of 134 people a month. But by May, an IS crackdown reduced those numbers to just 39 in the last six weeks, according to figures provided by the Kurdistan regional government.

Mirza Danai, founder of the German-Iraqi aid organization Luftbrucke Irak, said in the last two or three months, escape has become more difficult and dangerous.

"They register every slave, every person under their owner, and therefore if she escapes, every Daesh control or checkpoint, or security force - they know that this girl ... has escaped from this owner," he said, using the Arabic acronym for the group.
                    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-05-14-42-38

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
                      GD Bock - Regards Islamic 'militants' hitting on eachother, I am reminded of those Chicago mafia gangs, who didn't like competition, external OR internal.
                      Some similarity in mindsets, being the sort that any violence is justified to achieve personal gain.

Comment

• Observations on the New Islamic State Video 'Structure of the Caliphate'
                        EXCERPT:
                        Readers of this blog will have known that a long-standing interest of mine has been the structure of Islamic State (IS) administration, focusing primarily on internal documents. To mark the start of Eid, IS has released via its central media outlet al-Furqan Media a video on the very subject, entitled 'Structure of the Caliphate'. Below are some observations of mine:

1. The list of "wilayas" (provinces) of the Islamic State in the screenshot at right is particularly interesting. In total, IS counts 35 wilayas: 19 inside Iraq and Syria and 16 outside of Iraq and Syria. Most notably, despite widespread speculation of IS gearing up towards announcing a new wilaya in the Philippines and claims that IS is now operating as a wilaya in the Philippines, there is no mention of the Philippines as a wilaya. Nor is there any mention of Tunisia, Indonesia, Somalia and Bangladesh: countries where IS has also claimed operations. The last real expansion on the geographic stage on the international level was the Caucasus wilaya a year ago.
                        http://www.meforum.org/blog/2016/07/...aliphate-video

Comment

• This is classic , thanks in part to the hypocrisy of the Young Turks, and to a really cool dude known as Atheism is Unstoppable -

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            This is classic , thanks in part to the hypocrisy of the Young Turks, and to a really cool dude known as Atheism is Unstoppable -

I find this video to be offensive. Pit bulls are the nanny dogs and I raised them with my kid and both are safe. You just have to treat them as family.

Not so much the islamic crowd. Someone who wants to cut my head off because I crack a joke, well NO. Relegated back to the middle ages...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• JOHANNESBURG — The South African authorities filed terrorism-related charges on Monday against twin brothers who they say plotted to attack the United States Embassy in South Africa and tried to fly to Syria to fight for the Islamic State.

The brothers were arrested on Saturday, along with two accomplices, after investigators with the nation’s Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation found ammunition and grenades in a home belonging to one of the suspects in Johannesburg, said Hangwani Mulaudzi, a spokesman for the directorate.

Mr. Mulaudzi said that the two brothers had planned to attack the embassy in Pretoria, the capital, as well as an unidentified “Jewish building” in the country. The other two suspects — a brother and a sister — face charges related to weapons possession, Mr. Mulaudzi said.

The arrests, Mr. Mulaudzi said, followed a 10-month investigation of the four suspects, who all live in Johannesburg and know one another. Last year, in two separate episodes, the authorities prevented the brothers from going to Syria — once by flying out of Johannesburg and the other time by traveling through Mozambique.

The arrests were a new development for South Africa, which has a small Muslim population and has not been known to be a hub of Islamic State activity. “There were cases where we’ve stopped people from traveling to Syria before, but in terms of an arrest, this is the first time,” Mr. Mulaudzi said.

The brothers, Brandon-Lee Thulsie and Tony-Lee Thulsie, 23, appeared on Monday in Johannesburg Central Magistrate’s Court, where they were charged with “conspiracy and incitement to commit the crime of terrorism.” According to the charges, the brothers had acted since last October to “further the political, religious or ideological motives and objectives” of the Islamic State.

The brothers are scheduled to appear again in court on July 19, when more details could emerge about how far they had carried out their plans.

Martin A. Ewi, a terrorism expert at the Institute for Security Studies in Pretoria, said that the arrests possibly signaled a change in policy by the South African government. Until now, he said, the authorities had quietly tried to handle cases involving South Africans who tried to go to Syria, or even some who had gone and returned.
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/wo...tate.html?_r=0
                              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Islam at War with a Delusional, Suicidal West
                                EXCERPTS:
                                Isn’t it about time we crusade for self-defense?

I’ll say it again. Political correctness is a barrier to truth and a pathway to tyranny.

It’s also deadly.
                                Consider, for instance, that according to a 2015 Center for Security Policy poll, 51 percent of American Muslims desire that Islamic Shariah law be made the law of the land. Moreover, nearly 30 percent say that violence is appropriate against Americans who “insult” Islam or its “prophet” Muhammad.

Both Islam and the Quran, among many other such atrocities, explicitly require worldwide caliphate (global domination and the violent imposition of Islamic Shariah law). It treats women as chattel, stones them to death if they are raped (or not properly attired) and, in even the most “civilized” Islamic nations such as Saudi Arabia and Iran, executes practitioners of homosexuality as a matter of law.

These facts are not open for serious debate and are available for all to read, hear, see and, tragically, experience. Islam, therefore, is inherently at odds with freedom, democracy and the United States Constitution. While devout followers of Muhammad readily admit this reality, the suicidal left yet remains hellbent, head in the sand, on “tolerating” itself, and the rest of us, to death.

Writing last year in Investor’s Business Daily, investigative journalist Paul Sperry noted that “60 percent of Muslim-Americans under 30 … told Pew Research they’re more loyal to Islam than America.”

A treasonous heart leads to treasonous acts.

And that’s just the tip of the scimitar. Consider these terrifying numbers:

83 percent of Palestinian Muslims, 62 percent of Jordanians and 61 percent of Egyptians approve of jihadist attacks on Americans. World Public Opinion Poll (2009).
                                1.5 Million British Muslims support the Islamic State, about half their total population. ICM (Mirror) Poll 2015.
                                Two-thirds of Palestinians support the stabbing of Israeli civilians. Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (2015).
                                45 percent of British Muslims agree that clerics preaching violence against the West represent “mainstream Islam.” BBC Radio (2015).
                                38 percent of Muslim-Americans say Islamic State (ISIS) beliefs are Islamic or correct. The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015).
                                One-third of British Muslim students support killing for Islam. Center for Social Cohesion (Wikileaks cable).
                                78 percent of British Muslims support punishing the publishers of Muhammad cartoons. NOP Research.
                                80 percent of young Dutch Muslims see nothing wrong with holy war against non-believers. Most verbalized support for pro-Islamic State fighters. Motivaction Survey (2014).
                                68 percent of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam. NOP Research.
                                81 percent of Muslim respondents support the Islamic State (ISIS). Al-Jazeera poll (2015).
                                Muhammad taught, and the Quran stresses, that a central tenet of Islam is to convert, enslave or kill the infidel. An infidel is anyone who is not Muslim or, depending on who’s doing the killing, belongs to a different sect of Islam. Those who fall into that elusive, perpetually mute category tagged “moderate Muslim” are also infidels or “idolaters.” They’re bad Muslims and, so, according to the Quran, not Muslims at all. “When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them,” commands Surah 9:5. “Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.” Faithful Muslims, true followers of Muhammad, “slay the idolaters wherever [they] find them.”

Brigitte Gabriel is a world-renown national security expert. Her concentration is on the – ahem – explosive rise in Islamic terrorism. She notes that there are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. Of them, intelligence agencies estimate that 15-25 percent are orthodox Muslims, meaning they actually follow the teachings of the Quran.

“That leaves 75 percent of [Muslims being] peaceful people,” observes Gabriel. “But when you look at 15-25 percent of the world’s Muslim population, you’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. That is as big as the United States,” she concludes.
                                http://www.gopusa.com/?p=12662?omhide=true

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X