Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Two Weaknesses Could Undo the Islamist Movement

    Two Weaknesses Could Undo the Islamist Movement

    EXCERPTS:
    The Islamist movement may appear stronger than ever, but a close look suggests two weaknesses that might doom it, and perhaps quickly.
    ...
    But weaknesses within, especially squabbling and disapproval, could undo the Islamist movement.
    Infighting became vicious in 2013, when Islamists abruptly stopped their prior pattern of cooperation among themselves and instead began internecine fighting. Yes, the Islamist movement as a whole shares similar goals, but it also contains different intellectuals, groups, and parties with variant ethnic affiliations, tactics, and ideologies.
    ...
    Unpopularity, the second problem, may be the biggest peril for the movement. As populations experience Islamist rule first hand, they reject it. It's one thing to believe in the abstract about the benefits of Islamic law and quite another to suffer its deprivations, ranging from the Islamic State's totalitarian horrors to the comparatively benign emerging dictatorship in Turkey.
    ...
    Islamism's mounting problems offer grounds for confidence but not for smugness, as another reversal in course could take place at any time. But if current trends hold, the Islamist movement will have been limited, much as fascism and communism before it, damaging Western civilization, not destroying it.
    Whatever the trend, defeating Islamism remains the challenge.
    http://www.meforum.org/5761/two-islamist-weaknesses
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • ABOUT WOMEN & ISLAM: Female Circumcision & Sexual Slavery In Saudi Arabia

      ABOUT WOMEN & ISLAM: Female Circumcision & Sexual Slavery In Saudi Arabia
      http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=45270

      Another thread related to the topic here and establishing another reason why Islam is the scourge of "religions", and might need to be abolished.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

      Comment


      • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        ABOUT WOMEN & ISLAM: Female Circumcision & Sexual Slavery In Saudi Arabia
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=45270

        Another thread related to the topic here and establishing another reason why Islam is the scourge of "religions", and might need to be abolished.

        Deadlink in thread, here is a link to an actual article about the issue.....


        http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...maher-about-f/


        Conclusion: Female genital mutilation does occur outside of Africa, but specific figures are harder to come by. It occurs in both countries that are majority Muslim and majority Christian.
        Last edited by Paddybhoy; 20 Jan 16, 04:49.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
          Deadlink in thread, here is a link to an actual article about the issue.....


          http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...maher-about-f/


          Conclusion: Female genital mutilation does occur outside of Africa, but specific figures are harder to come by. It occurs in both countries that are majority Muslim and majority Christian.
          Thanks for the link and the update. The thread over in "The Barracks" was started back in Nov. '06 and the link in the OP likely that old, older. Somethings don't live for long on the internet. Several of the links I provide at the start of this thread have also "passed on", I may have to consider searching comparable and current ones someday, time~energy~inclination allowing.

          Meanwhile, quick websearch per the thread title yeilds the following of related and supplemental interest;
          Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery
          http://www.gvnet.com/humantrafficking/SaudiArabia.htm

          Same OP and link of sorts on another forum, this time in '09;
          http://jtf.org/forum/index.php?topic=36213.0

          Other articles and links on first page of web search ...

          Videos of about women islam female circumcision sexu…

          Female genital mutilation - Wikipedia, the free …

          Saudi doctors work to change attitudes to female …

          Women in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

          Religion or Culture? - Stop FGM Middle East

          Is Female Genital Mutilation an Islamic Problem? :: …

          Female Genital Mutilation - Muslim Women's League

          SEXUAL SLAVERY IN SAUDI ARABIA - Special Guests
          Last edited by G David Bock; 20 Jan 16, 13:03.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • While I'm in the neighborhood;
            Hating Americans Is Official Saudi and Qatari Policy

            Jihadi hate for non-Muslims is not limited to the Islamic State, which U.S. leadership dismisses as neither a real state nor representative of Islam. Rather, it's the official position of, among others, Saudi Arabia — a very real state, birthplace of Islam, and, of course, "friend and ally" of America.

            Saudi Arabia's Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Issuing Fatwas — which issues religious decrees that become law — issued a fatwa, or decree, titled, "Duty to Hate Jews, Polytheists, and Other Infidels." Written by Sheikh Abd al-Aziz ibn Baz (d. 1999), former grand mufti and highest religious authority in the government, it still appears on the website.


            According to this governmentally-supported fatwa, Muslims — that is, the entire Saudi citizenry — must "oppose and hate whomever Allah commands us to oppose and hate, including the Jews, the Christians, and other mushrikin [non-Muslims], until they believe in Allah alone and abide by his laws, which he sent down to his Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings upon him."

            To prove this, Baz quotes a number of Koran verses that form the doctrine of Loyalty and Enmity — the same doctrine every Sunni jihadi organization evokes to the point of concluding that Muslim men must hate their Christian or Jewish wives (though they may enjoy them sexually).

            These Koran verses include: "Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your friends and allies" (5:51) and "You shall find none who believe in Allah and the Last Day on friendly terms with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger [i.e., non-Muslims] — even if they be their fathers, their sons, their brothers, or their nearest kindred" (58:22; see also 3:28, 60:4, 2:120).

            After quoting the verses, Baz reiterates:
            Such verses are many and offer clear proofs concerning the obligation to despise infidels from the Jews, Christians, and all other non-Muslims, as well as the obligation to oppose them until they believe in Allah alone.
            Despite documenting its official hatred for all non-Muslims (albeit on a website virtually unknown in the West), in the international arena, Saudi Arabia claims "to support the principles of justice, humanity, promotion of values and the principles of tolerance in the world," and sometimes accuses the West for its supposed "discrimination based on religion."

            Such hypocrisy is manifest everywhere and explains how the Saudi government's official policy can be to hate Christians and Jews — children are taught to ritually curse them in grade school — while its leading men fund things like Georgetown University's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (the real purpose of which appears to be to fund influential "Christian" academics to whitewash Islam before the public).
            ....
            http://www.meforum.org/5800/saudi-qa...ting-americans
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

            Comment


            • "Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your friends and allies"
              The funny thing is that I just typed that into Google, you would think that a quote like that from the Koran would have millions of hits......

              Nope, only four pages, all of which seem to have only popped up in the last 48 hours.

              Funny that.
              Last edited by Paddybhoy; 21 Jan 16, 05:04.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                The funny thing is that I just type that into Google, you would think that a quote like that from the Koran would have millions of hits......

                Nope, only four pages, all of which seem to have only popped up in the last 48 hours.

                Funny that.
                Dude ...

                "Hits" are based upon viewings(most recent often) and one quick question is how many pages beyond the first did you look ...

                Second is that with the Koran/Quran being over 1400 years old, doesn't matter where "the 'Web" places it ...

                Unless "Allah" has passed down a recent revelation, in which case ...

                Meanwhile, there remains the Hadith and Sunnahs in addition to the Koran as parts of the Islamic Dogma.

                I know you are young and just out of "school" but perhaps a need to realize that learning/education is a life-long experience ...
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                Comment


                • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  Dude ...

                  "Hits" are based upon viewings(most recent often) and one quick question is how many pages beyond the first did you look ...

                  Second is that with the Koran/Quran being over 1400 years old, doesn't matter where "the 'Web" places it ...

                  Unless "Allah" has passed down a recent revelation, in which case ...

                  Meanwhile, there remains the Hadith and Sunnahs in addition to the Koran as parts of the Islamic Dogma.

                  I know you are young and just out of "school" but perhaps a need to realize that learning/education is a life-long experience ...
                  You missed my point, I guess my points are like military service,,,,,

                  It's now up to 5 pages on Google search, none of the webpages that it gives me have any weight either; the daily caller, Iran Aware, rightsidenews, Jihadwatch etc etc....

                  A 1400 year old book and THAT direct quote doesn't register with Google except for..... shitey webpages all in the last three days.

                  Peculiar

                  Comment


                  • The exact quote seems to be,

                    Don’t make Allies with Jews and Christians
                    5:51 of the Table Spread

                    http://quraan-today.blogspot.be/2011...-jews-and.html

                    Now the "table spread" reminds me of the Kama sutra rather then the Quraan, but that's probably just me
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      The exact quote seems to be,



                      5:51 of the Table Spread

                      http://quraan-today.blogspot.be/2011...-jews-and.html

                      Now the "table spread" reminds me of the Kama sutra rather then the Quraan, but that's probably just me
                      Ding ding ding, give that man a cigar

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                        You missed my point, I guess my points are like military service,,,,,

                        It's now up to 5 pages on Google search, none of the webpages that it gives me have any weight either; the daily caller, Iran Aware, rightsidenews, Jihadwatch etc etc....

                        A 1400 year old book and THAT direct quote doesn't register with Google except for..... shitey webpages all in the last three days.

                        Peculiar
                        Speaking of military service, your record is .... ????
                        Or can we believe anything on your profile?

                        As Snowygerry was able to discern, the "(5:51)" in the excerpt quote is a reference to Surah(chapter) 5 and verse 51 in the Koran. I just opened one of my copies to there and found the passage that "Google" gave you such grief over. BTW, ever considered using other search engines like Bing?

                        The are numerous on line Koran sites and one was cited and linked back at post #638 here;
                        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=638

                        For a so-called/claimed college grad you might want to consider getting a refund on your tuition, didn't seem to work for you.

                        You may want to bookmark this for future ref;
                        http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          Speaking of military service, your record is .... ????
                          Or can we believe anything on your profile?

                          As Snowygerry was able to discern, the "(5:51)" in the excerpt quote is a reference to Surah(chapter) 5 and verse 51 in the Koran. I just opened one of my copies to there and found the passage that "Google" gave you such grief over. BTW, ever considered using other search engines like Bing?

                          The are numerous on line Koran sites and one was cited and linked back at post #638 here;
                          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=638

                          For a so-called/claimed college grad you might want to consider getting a refund on your tuition, didn't seem to work for you.

                          You may want to bookmark this for future ref;
                          http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

                          Second on the right in the picture.

                          And no the link you posted doesn't have that exact quote.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                            Second on the right in the picture.
                            So, UK version of sea cadets?
                            Rules of the forum say I have to believe what you say, but far from proof or documentation in my book.

                            Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                            And no the link you posted doesn't have that exact quote.
                            [5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

                            So how fine are you splitting hairs?

                            BTW, ever hear of medical deferments?
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                              The funny thing is that I just typed that into Google, you would think that a quote like that from the Koran would have millions of hits......

                              Nope, only four pages, all of which seem to have only popped up in the last 48 hours.
                              What is funny is I searched the same phrase on Bing and instantly got 25 pages of hits. Then I ran it through Google and stopped looking after 38 pages.

                              The last hit on page 38 was this:

                              Iran as the defender of Christianity

                              But cozying up to Christians is one thing — safeguarding their freedom of worship is another. When leaders of the Islamic Republic talk about Christianity, they mean Christianity as dictated by Islamic teachings that — despite revering Christ — downgrade him from lord and savior to a mere infallible prophet. What Iran perceives as a sign of goodwill toward Christians is, in fact, offensive to their creed.

                              Iran’s charm offensive toward Christians is a political tactic. Like other Muslim communities intolerant of non-Muslims, Iran wants to convert Christians to Islam, or at least impose on them its own understanding of the Christian creed.


                              Source: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ed_1...342&comments=1

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Martok View Post
                                What is funny is I searched the same phrase on Bing and instantly got 25 pages of hits. Then I ran it through Google and stopped looking after 38 pages.

                                The last hit on page 38 was this:

                                Iran as the defender of Christianity

                                But cozying up to Christians is one thing — safeguarding their freedom of worship is another. When leaders of the Islamic Republic talk about Christianity, they mean Christianity as dictated by Islamic teachings that — despite revering Christ — downgrade him from lord and savior to a mere infallible prophet. What Iran perceives as a sign of goodwill toward Christians is, in fact, offensive to their creed.

                                Iran’s charm offensive toward Christians is a political tactic. Like other Muslim communities intolerant of non-Muslims, Iran wants to convert Christians to Islam, or at least impose on them its own understanding of the Christian creed.


                                Source: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ed_1...342&comments=1

                                Bing is a steaming pile of shite, I just went to page 65 of a Bing search for that quote and by that point one word equalled a match according to Bing......

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X