No announcement yet.

Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the many informative and useful items presented in Beck's book; "It IS About Islam" is the following from chapter four;

The Future of Terrorism: What al-Qaida Really Wants

By Yassin Musharbash
    If there is anyone who might possibly have an inkling as to what al-Qaida are up to, it is the Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein. He has not only spent time in prison with al-Zarqawi, but has also managed make contact with many of the network's leaders. Based on correspondence with these sources, he has now brought out a book detailing the organization's master plan.

Aug. 12,2005

There must be something particularly trustworthy about the Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein. After all, he has managed to get some of the the most sought after terrorists to open up to him. Maybe it helped that they spent time together in prison many years ago -- when Hussein was a political prisoner he successfully negotiated for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to be released from solitary confinement. Or is it because of the honest and direct way in which he puts his ideas onto paper? Whatever the reason, the result is that a film which Hussein made about al-Zarqawi has even been shown on al-Qaida affiliated Web sites. "That showed me that they at least felt understood," the journalist says.
    An Islamic Caliphate in Seven Easy Steps
    In the introduction, the Jordanian journalist writes, "I interviewed a whole range of al-Qaida members with different ideologies to get an idea of how the war between the terrorists and Washington would develop in the future." What he then describes between pages 202 and 213 is a scenario, proof both of the terrorists' blindness as well as their brutal single-mindedness. In seven phases the terror network hopes to establish an Islamic caliphate which the West will then be too weak to fight.
    • The First Phase Known as "the awakening" -- this has already been carried out and was supposed to have lasted from 2000 to 2003, or more precisely from the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 in New York and Washington to the fall of Baghdad in 2003. The aim of the attacks of 9/11 was to provoke the US into declaring war on the Islamic world and thereby "awakening" Muslims. "The first phase was judged by the strategists and masterminds behind al-Qaida as very successful," writes Hussein. "The battle field was opened up and the Americans and their allies became a closer and easier target." The terrorist network is also reported as being satisfied that its message can now be heard "everywhere."
    • The Second Phase "Opening Eyes" is, according to Hussein's definition, the period we are now in and should last until 2006. Hussein says the terrorists hope to make the western conspiracy aware of the "Islamic community." Hussein believes this is a phase in which al-Qaida wants an organization to develop into a movement. The network is banking on recruiting young men during this period. Iraq should become the center for all global operations, with an "army" set up there and bases established in other Arabic states.
    • The Third Phase This is described as "Arising and Standing Up" and should last from 2007 to 2010. "There will be a focus on Syria," prophesies Hussein, based on what his sources told him. The fighting cadres are supposedly already prepared and some are in Iraq. Attacks on Turkey and -- even more explosive -- in Israel are predicted. Al-Qaida's masterminds hope that attacks on Israel will help the terrorist group become a recognized organization. The author also believes that countries neighboring Iraq, such as Jordan, are also in danger.
    • The Fourth Phase Between 2010 and 2013, Hussein writes that al-Qaida will aim to bring about the collapse of the hated Arabic governments. The estimate is that "the creeping loss of the regimes' power will lead to a steady growth in strength within al-Qaida." At the same time attacks will be carried out against oil suppliers and the US economy will be targeted using cyber terrorism.
    • The Fifth Phase This will be the point at which an Islamic state, or caliphate, can be declared. The plan is that by this time, between 2013 and 2016, Western influence in the Islamic world will be so reduced and Israel weakened so much, that resistance will not be feared. Al-Qaida hopes that by then the Islamic state will be able to bring about a new world order.
    • The Sixth Phase Hussein believes that from 2016 onwards there will a period of "total confrontation." As soon as the caliphate has been declared the "Islamic army" it will instigate the "fight between the believers and the non-believers" which has so often been predicted by Osama bin Laden.
    • The Seventh Phase This final stage is described as "definitive victory." Hussein writes that in the terrorists' eyes, because the rest of the world will be so beaten down by the "one-and-a-half billion Muslims," the caliphate will undoubtedly succeed. This phase should be completed by 2020, although the war shouldn't last longer than two years.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-369448.html

Beck's book examines this seven phase plan, to be implemented from 2000 - 2020 and makes the case that five of the seven phases have been completed and fairly on schedule. We are currently in the sixth phase ...

Note this came out just over ten years ago ... yet seems to have gotten little traction/press in Western MSM
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• E.D.M. - Ah, yes, there is a lot of violent and gory stuff in the Old Testament {the Old Covenant], and there are some good reflections made about them available based on the time, place and context. But as a Christian I tend to focus more on Jesus of the New Covenant and the New Testament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
        E.D.M. - Ah, yes, there is a lot of violent and gory stuff in the Old Testament {the Old Covenant], and there are some good reflections made about them available based on the time, place and context. But as a Christian I tend to focus more on Jesus of the New Covenant and the New Testament.
        Absolutely. That is the point I was making; Christians can choose to take passages out of the Old Testament to justify all sorts of crazy bigoted crap but both the New Testament and the Reformation have given a Christianity where compassion and peacefulness trump the bloodthirsty bits.
        Islam in its most fundamentalist form is not compatible with Western culture and Western values but most Muslims have found a way to practice their religion in a way that it compatible with Western values. To suggest that “Islam” in itself is evil or intrinsically bad is both offensive and damaging to everyone. We as a civilised species have found ways of living together for the last ten thousand years, with religions from Christianity to Islam to Hinduism to so many others that we have all long since forgotten about. The doom mongers now are no different to the doom mongers who lived those thousands of years ago.
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Right! I should consider you credible or valid because ???

How about putting your nuts on the chopping block and tell us whom you would consider credible and valid alternatives. (Should speak volumes of your perspectives.)
          I have found a variety of different writers and journalists informative, thing is there are so many that there will inevitably be a lot that you miss or never come across. Does not mean necessarily agree with every single thing that they have ever said or written. Off the top of my head I would recommend Patrick Cockburn, Jason Burke, Ahmed Rashid, Camille Tawil, Pervaiz Hoodbhoy, Giles Kepel. Lots of others I read a couple of good articles by Ana Soage a while ago. The late Eqbal Ahmad is a must read. There are a lot of others who are worth reading and that is just a start. There are dozens of writers and scholars who are worth reading.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=159791

I keep meaning to get around to Malise Ruthven and Thomas Hegghammer. Both come very highly recommended but cannot say as have not read them. Similarly with Aziz's The Murder of History. I remember skimming through some of Oliver Roy's stuff ages ago, seemed pretty good in places. Always meant to read it properly.

I would also recommend actually either reading the works by the Islamists or good articles books on them. I would have thought that understanding what they say carries more weight. Princeton Readings in Islamist Thought: Texts and Contexts from al-Banna to Bin Laden has got some pretty good reviews and I skimmed through some of it on google books, seems interesting. if I come across a particularly cheap copy I might get it. Thing is I keep adding to the list of things I want to read.

The Quran, commentaries, etc are a given are they not?

I guess it all depends upon what you want to do. I want to understand what is happening, what people believe and why this is going on. I do not claim to have a particularly indepth knowledge of this stuff at all. Your starting point is that the evils of Islam as a unique faith explains it all, therefore your reading material reflects that. The handful of worthwhile material you posted on here is swamped by the likes of Beck, Shoebat, Pipes and so on.

Edit - there is a lot of material available online. Articles, etc - if you are genuinely interested in broadening your reading. You can also find debates on YouTube between a lot of genuine experts.
          Last edited by Sergio; 28 Aug 15, 19:02.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• First, thanks for the contribution ^. I may get to some of them, after checking them out a bit, but I'm no fan of the Edward Said school of "politically correct" views on Islam, which have come to dominate the so-called "genuine experts" of academia, media, politics, and the regeressive left. One person's "genuine expert" is another's phoney blowhard as we see.

I never intended this thread to be a one note song, and appreciate alternate input and views, even if I do debate/disagree with them. Most of the purpose here is to provide information, especially that not presented through mainstream venues, hence the seemingly narrow focus of much that I present. There are no shortage of "experts" trying to sugar-coat Islam and especially Jihad/Islamism, I don't see any need for me to regurgitate that material when the more substantial truth is what is in short supply~circulation.

Consider that in the last several days of this recent round of posts, there have been nearly a thousand views here and it would seem this thread is filling an interest and/or need to someone (those numbers don't show in such scale on most of the threads on this board). Your offers/suggestions above may be of use to some of those "viewers".

With a more than full-time job and many other life interests and demands, I've neither time nor inclination to be expert on all things and nuances if Islam, etc. I'm mostly interested in what the motivation is, why the terrorist/Jihadist do what they do, and how to use their beliefs and goals against them. Again, another reason for my focus that seems too narrow to types such as you. For example I have read some of and about al-Banna and have posted here some of bin-Laden's writings.

When I look this thread over I don't see where "The handful of worthwhile material you posted on here is swamped by the likes of Beck, Shoebat, Pipes and so on." but the fact that you do says a lot about your regressive/left leanings and perspectives, so leave it to others to consider. In most cases those you find objectionable are presenting the material of others, whom might meet your standards, but since it came via someone you don't like, your blinders seem to engage automatically.

The other thread you started is one that looks useful and I've been through it a few times, as for; "The Quran, commentaries, etc are a given are they not?" I recommend this one for translations of the Quran;
            http://www.noblequran.com/translation/
            Last edited by G David Bock; 28 Aug 15, 18:51.

Comment

I'm mostly interested in what the motivation is, why the terrorist/Jihadist do what they do, and how to use their beliefs and goals against them. Again, another reason for my focus that seems too narrow to types such as you. For example I have read some of and about al-Banna and have posted here some of bin-Laden's writings.
              If your interest is in the why then have you considered the problem from a political perspective; is that a political rather than a religious problem? Is it more about power than ideology. Islamic extremism and terrorism all make more sense to me as a political movement rather than a religious one. What if you look at the root causes as political, social and economic with a cloak of religion as a easy identifier for all sides to rally around and against.
              That makes it no less dangerous but to win the battle you have to fight the correct enemy.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

First, thanks for the contribution ^. I may get to some of them, after checking them out a bit, but I'm no fan of the Edward Said school of "politically correct" views on Islam, which have come to dominate the so-called "genuine experts" of academia, media, politics, and the regeressive left. One person's "genuine expert" is another's phoney blowhard as we see.

I never intended this thread to be a one note song, and appreciate alternate input and views, even if I do debate/disagree with them. Most of the purpose here is to provide information, especially that not presented through mainstream venues, hence the seemingly narrow focus of much that I present. There are no shortage of "experts" trying to sugar-coat Islam and especially Jihad/Islamism, I don't see any need for me to regurgitate that material when the more substantial truth is what is in short supply~circulation.

Consider that in the last several days of this recent round of posts, there have been nearly a thousand views here and it would seem this thread is filling an interest and/or need to someone (those numbers don't show in such scale on most of the threads on this board). Your offers/suggestions above may be of use to some of those "viewers".

With a more than full-time job and many other life interests and demands, I've neither time nor inclination to be expert on all things and nuances if Islam, etc. I'm mostly interested in what the motivation is, why the terrorist/Jihadist do what they do, and how to use their beliefs and goals against them. Again, another reason for my focus that seems too narrow to types such as you. For example I have read some of and about al-Banna and have posted here some of bin-Laden's writings.

When I look this thread over I don't see where "The handful of worthwhile material you posted on here is swamped by the likes of Beck, Shoebat, Pipes and so on." but the fact that you do says a lot about your regressive/left leanings and perspectives, so leave it to others to consider. In most cases those you find objectionable are presenting the material of others, whom might meet your standards, but since it came via someone you don't like, your blinders seem to engage automatically.

The other thread you started is one that looks useful and I've been through it a few times, as for; "The Quran, commentaries, etc are a given are they not?" I recommend this one for translations of the Quran;
                http://www.noblequran.com/translation/
                Thank you for a polite reply. Look no one is saying that religion is not a factor, in some cases it is a massive factor and I would be the first to say so. I am an atheist and believe that secularism is the way forward for any society.I do not believe that Islam is a 'good' religion, none are in that if you look at all of their texts each one contains some appalling bits. I think that in many places the role of Islam (or other faiths in other contexts) has been almost entirely negative - and in others not. However, to see every conflict and everything as being solely down to the idea that Islam exists and therefore that is the cause is frankly laughable. There are a variety of things going on and the reasons are varied. ED Moral just pointed out that it is social, political and economic as well. The emergence of modern Islamism has a pretty clear explanation, and every conflict in which Muslims are a party is not down to the fact that they are Muslims.

Saying genuine experts was perhaps clumsily phrased and it is, after all, subjective. However, throughout this thread you have cited known frauds, crazies and media stirrers like Glenn Beck, others whose work has long been debunked, Gellar, people getting their history wrong and people who just make stuff up. Someone ranting about how Muslims are trying to get sharia law and it is a threat to America is not the kind of person you take seriously.

It is also a very simplistic and selective approach - if you are going to try and find every negative then why are you not looking at positives or when Muslims are the victims, or in the right or doing pretty amazing things. There are Muslims (or others) who are motivated by their faith to perform charitable works, contribute, etc. Yours is a selective state of mind who sees a particular group of people as a problem and is little different than someone with a prejudice against any other community.
                Last edited by Sergio; 29 Aug 15, 17:22.
                "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                G.B Shaw

Comment

• Sergio - Islam is very 'political' at its heart and foundation - you just have to study Muhammad once he got to Medina, and much that has gone on since. It has and still does use all modes of stratagems to reach the goal of that worldwide dar al-Islam. Feigned 'peace', Jihad, psyops, whatever.

Comment

Sergio - Islam is very 'political' at its heart and foundation - you just have to study Muhammad once he got to Medina, and much that has gone on since. It has and still does use all modes of stratagems to reach the goal of that worldwide dar al-Islam. Feigned 'peace', Jihad, psyops, whatever.
                    And Christian institutions are not political? The Catholic Church has not been a political force, religious groups and churches did not fuel the war in Northern Ireland? Christian extremists are not using political means to persecute gays in Africa? The Orthodox Church was not involved up to its neck in the Balkan wars. And so on and so on.

A one sided interpretation of the world does not help. Also seeing 'Islam' as some monolithic presence in the world is not close to being accurate.
                    Last edited by Sergio; 29 Aug 15, 17:09.
                    G.B Shaw

Comment

Sergio - Islam is very 'political' at its heart and foundation - you just have to study Muhammad once he got to Medina, and much that has gone on since. It has and still does use all modes of stratagems to reach the goal of that worldwide dar al-Islam. Feigned 'peace', Jihad, psyops, whatever.
                      All religions evolve, despite claiming that their doctrine is immutable, as they come in contact with logic and reason. All religions claim to seek a pah to enlightenment/peace/utopia and yet logic and reason, the enemies of religion, are that path.

Comment

• Workers of the World Unite!

Join us under the banner of Islamic Jihad as we counter the Evil Western Colonial Capitalist Satans and provide economic justice, social justice, political justice and Equal Rights and Freedoms, tolerance under the banner of Islamic Jihad, the new Caliphate!

Such we see in the territory of the New Islamic State/ISIS/ISIL where only the;

Homosexuals and other deviants are tortured, mutilated, butchered and murdered.

Only the improper Muslims are tortured, mutilated, butchered and murdered.

Only the Jews, Christians, and other non-Muslims are tortured, mutilated, butchered and murdered, or enslved, especially as sexual slaves.

Only any one else we get out hands on are tortured, mutilated, butchered and murdered.

Yup, such educated and enlightened readers/posters here such as "Sergio" and "E.D.Morel"; heavy endoctrinated, brainwashed, and programed with obsolete, outdated, disproved "marxist-lite" Leftist views and perceptions (unforturnately they aren't alone here ) are trying to suggest that "Religion" isn't a key factor despite the FACT that the Islamic-Jihadists consistently cite "chapter and verse" from Koran and other Islamic scripture/dogma(fourteen centuries old and far from updated/reformed) when they do the "people's justice" they do.

Are these two, and others like them, really so ignorant and clueless, or are they really that blindly programmed, or are they intentionally dis-informing propagandists for the evil of Islamic Jihad?

I can see where only one, or more, of those three applications apply.
                        Last edited by G David Bock; 30 Aug 15, 02:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          Thank you for a polite reply. Look no one is saying that religion is not a factor, in some cases it is a massive factor and I would be the first to say so. I am an atheist and believe that secularism is the way forward for any society.I do not believe that Islam is a 'good' religion, none are in that if you look at all of their texts each one contains some appalling bits. I think that in many places the role of Islam (or other faiths in other contexts) has been almost entirely negative - and in others not. However, to see every conflict and everything as being solely down to the idea that Islam exists and therefore that is the cause is frankly laughable. There are a variety of things going on and the reasons are varied. ED Moral just pointed out that it is social, political and economic as well. The emergence of modern Islamism has a pretty clear explanation, and every conflict in which Muslims are a party is not down to the fact that they are Muslims.

Saying genuine experts was perhaps clumsily phrased and it is, after all, subjective. However, throughout this thread you have cited known frauds, crazies and media stirrers like Glenn Beck, others whose work has long been debunked, Gellar, people getting their history wrong and people who just make stuff up. Someone ranting about how Muslims are trying to get sharia law and it is a threat to America is not the kind of person you take seriously.

It is also a very simplistic and selective approach - if you are going to try and find every negative then why are you not looking at positives or when Muslims are the victims, or in the right or doing pretty amazing things. There are Muslims (or others) who are motivated by their faith to perform charitable works, contribute, etc. Yours is a selective state of mind who sees a particular group of people as a problem and is little different than someone with a prejudice against any other community.
                          Bollocks!

Your "genuine experts", as are you, are so full of marxist-lite~anti-West indoctrination as to be totally blindered to reality by your ideological constraints. Your bovine droppings were applied for the last 15 years in the West's war against Islamic Jihad, have failed repeatedly, and will continue to do so. You and your ilk are why we have been losing and the Jihadis keep gaining traction and success.

At the least you are clueless and danger, at the worst you are helping the cause of our enemies (useful tools and fools ).

Comment

Bollocks!

Your "genuine experts", as are you, are so full of marxist-lite~anti-West indoctrination as to be totally blindered to reality by your ideological constraints. Your bovine droppings were applied for the last 15 years in the West's war against Islamic Jihad, have failed repeatedly, and will continue to do so. You and your ilk are why we have been losing and the Jihadis keep gaining traction and success.

At the least you are clueless and danger, at the worst you are helping the cause of our enemies (useful tools and fools ).
                            Oh well normal service has been resumed. This alone sums it up, years of reading and supposed research on your part and Glenn Beck is where it is at for you.

By the way did you ever figure out just how many of your reasons for the Iraq War were total fiction.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=54392

Same old, same old.
                            Last edited by Sergio; 30 Aug 15, 07:54.
                            G.B Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                              Oh well normal service has been resumed. This alone sums it up, years of reading and supposed research on your part and Glenn Beck is where it is at for you.
                              By the way did you ever figure out just how many of your reasons for the Iraq War were total fiction.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=54392

Same old, same old.
                              The "same old", etc. comes from your quarter as a clone of Edward Said and the "genuine experts" you present that ape his polarizing and ineffectual views which block any real middle ground being found;

Enough Said: The False Scholarship of Edward Said

EXCERPTS;

The book that made Edward Said famous was Orientalism, published in 1978 when he was forty-three. Said’s objective was to expose the worm at the core of Western civilization, namely, its inability to define itself except over and against an imagined “other.” That “other” was the Oriental, a figure “to be feared . . . or to be controlled.” Ergo, Said claimed that “every European, in what he could say about the Orient, was . . . a racist, an imperialist, and almost totally ethnocentric.” Elsewhere in the text he made clear that what was true for Europeans held equally for Americans.
                              This echoed a theme of 1960s radicalism that was forged in the movements against Jim Crow and against America’s war in Vietnam, namely that the Caucasian race was the scourge of humanity. ...
                              These two books—Orientalism and The Question of Palestine—each of which was followed by various sequels and elaborations, established the twin pillars of Said’s career as the avenging voice of the Palestinians against Israel, and more broadly of the Arabs, Muslims, and other “Orientals” against the West as a whole.
                              Said rolled American racism and European colonialism into one mélange of white oppression of darker-skinned peoples. He was not the only thinker to have forged this amalgam, but his unique further contribution was to represent “Orientals” as the epitome of the dark-skinned; Muslims as the modal Orientals; Arabs as the essential Muslims; and, finally, Palestinians as the ultimate Arabs. Abracadabra—Israel was transformed from a redemptive refuge from two thousand years of persecution to the very embodiment of white supremacy.
                              But in September 1999, Commentary published an investigative article by Justus Reid Weiner presenting evidence that Said had largely falsified his background. A trove of documents showed that until he moved to the United States to attend prep school in 1951, Said had resided his entire life in Cairo, not Palestine. A few months later, Said published his autobiography, which confirmed this charge without acknowledging or making any attempt to explain the earlier contrary claims that he had made in discussing his background.
                              What was important, however, was the light shed on Said’s disingenuous and misleading methods, becasue they also turn out to be the foundation of his scholarly work. The intellectual deceit was especially obvious in his most important book, Orientalism. Its central idea is that Western imperial conquest of Asia and North Africa was entwined with the study and depiction of the native societies, which inevitably entailed misrepresenting and denigrating them. Said explained: “Knowledge of subject races or Orientals is what makes their management easy and profitable; knowledge gives power, more power requires more knowledge, and so on in an increasingly profitable dialectic of information and control.”
                              Critics pointed out a variety of errors in Orientalism, starting with bloopers that suggested Said’s grasp of Middle Eastern history was shaky. ...
                              More serious still was his lack of scruple in the use of sources. ...
                              Said’s misleading use of quotes shows the problem with his work in microcosm. On a broad view, Said fundamentally misrepresented his subject. In challenging Said’s first alleged “dogma” of Orientalism, which ascribes all virtue to the West and its opposite to the Orient, Varisco says that Said is describing “a stereotype that at the time of his writing would have been similarly rejected by the vast majority of those [Said] lumps together as Orientalists.” ...

In this atmosphere, wrote the New York Times in its obituary for Said, “Orientalism established Dr. Said as a figure of enormous influence in American and European universities, a hero to many, especially younger faculty and graduate students on the left for whom that book became an intellectual credo and the founding document of what came to be called postcolonial studies.” ...
                              etc.
                              http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/a...ip-edward-said

BTW, should be amusing how many YOU think are fiction, given most of what you cite tends to be that ...

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                                All religions evolve, despite claiming that their doctrine is immutable, as they come in contact with logic and reason. All religions claim to seek a pah to enlightenment/peace/utopia and yet logic and reason, the enemies of religion, are that path.
                                Not from what I've seen, but curious if you have any evidence to support this.

Just for one, Hindu hasn't changed much ....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X