Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I get Daniel Pipe's e-mails.

While the Yemen/Aden area has always been on the simmer, I agree that things are a lot more hectic now.

I visited Aden 4 times during the 1950s [as a kid - father in the Royal Signals] and apart from some occasional distant gun and mortar fire things 'appeared' relatively peaceful.

ps. I hear that down in Oz the police have arrested some guys with links to ISIS who it is said were planning some attack at an ANZAC memorial gathering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
      ps. I hear that down in Oz the police have arrested some guys with links to ISIS who it is said were planning some attack at an ANZAC memorial gathering.
      Yes it appears that 5 people 'not connected with any particular culture' but inspired by IS (wouldn't that make it connected with Islamic culture?) have been arrested and some charged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-32361721
      Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

• Islamic Jihad Culture to be more precise and yes, it's happening in many places with ISIS/ISIL the current "trend" setter. This AM's from Drudge

ISIS TAKE MORE CHRISTIANS TO SEA...
        REPORT: Gitmo prisoners returning to the battlefield...
        Saudi Arabia signals more muscular foreign policy less reliant on USA...

INCREASES SECURITY MEASURES AMID THREATS...

Comment

• FBI Arrests Six in Minnesota, California ISIS Recruitment Network

Six Minnesota men have been charged with terrorism in a criminal complaint unsealed Monday, the latest Westerners accused of traveling or attempting to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group.

The six, whom authorities described as friends who met secretly to plan their travels, are accused of conspiracy to provide material support and attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. The complaint says the men planned to reach Syria by flying to nearby countries from Minneapolis, San Diego or New York City, and lied to federal investigators when they were stopped.

Charged are Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, 21; Adnan Abdihamid Farah, 19; Abdurahman Yasin Daud, 21; Zacharia Yusuf Abdurahman, 19; Hanad Mustafe Musse, 19; and Guled Ali Omar, 20.

"These were focused men who were intent on joining a terrorist organization," Minnesota U.S. Attorney Andy Luger said at a news conference Monday.

The six were arrested Sunday in Minneapolis and San Diego and are scheduled to make initial appearances in federal court on Monday.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fbi...#ixzz3XrxM9LZJ

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Bwaha - I chuckle at your use of the phrase 'the latest Westerners'.

Comment

• Over in North America is a thread; "Decoding the Obama Doctrine" with some material and links that relate this this thread. For now i post the link to it since it's about to slip to the back pages there;
              http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=158710

Comment

• Vatican link in 'al-Qaeda' arrests

Police in Italy have arrested 20 people suspected of having links to al-Qaeda, as prosecutors say the Vatican may have been the target of a planned attack.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32447603
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Police in Italy have arrested 20 people suspected of having links to al-Qaeda, as prosecutors say the Vatican may have been the target of a planned attack.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32447603
                  Yup, only a matter of time I reckon.

ps. There is a prophecy, if I recall correctly, that a Pope will be killed during some sort of Armageddon.

Comment

Yup, only a matter of time I reckon.

ps. There is a prophecy, if I recall correctly, that a Pope will be killed during some sort of Armageddon.
                    Seeing as no one else is bothered about the extermination of Christians in the Middle East, the appearance of God would be timely.
                    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

• Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                      Seeing as no one else is bothered about the extermination of Christians in the Middle East, the appearance of God would be timely.
                      Amen to that!

Humankind seems incapable of sorting themselves out without some sort of direct and wise intervention.

Comment

Amen to that!

Humankind seems incapable of sorting themselves out without some sort of direct and wise intervention.
                        Is it not all part of God's plan and foresight - or is the idea of an omnipotent deity misplaced after all?
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          Is it not all part of God's plan and foresight - or is the idea of an omnipotent deity misplaced after all?
                          You forgot the free will aspect of humanity, given to humanity by God at the Creation.

With that fact, that humans indeed have free will, the idea of God's plan tends to be up for either disagreement or argument, or both. As to God's foresight, I do believe that He would figure out what was going to happen when He granted free will.

Everyone has a choice-including God.

So please give us a break with your supposed conundrums. And any attempt to blame God for what man has done or might do is patently ridiculous and the last resort of the ignorant who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

Of course, then you have Forrest Gump's comment, 'And then God showed up...'

Sincerely,
                          M
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            You forgot the free will aspect of humanity, given to humanity by God at the Creation.

With that fact, that humans indeed have free will, the idea of God's plan tends to be up for either disagreement or argument, or both. As to God's foresight, I do believe that He would figure out what was going to happen when He granted free will.

Everyone has a choice-including God.

So please give us a break with your supposed conundrums. And any attempt to blame God for what man has done or might do is patently ridiculous and the last resort of the ignorant who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

Of course, then you have Forrest Gump's comment, 'And then God showed up...'

Sincerely,
                            M
                            You seem to have forgotten the paradox of free will within the context of an all knowing and powerful god. If god creates everything about you including your emotions, intelligence, how you react and the situations you face it is hardly free will. It is also a debate that goes back centuries.

You are of course aware of the Bible passages talking of predestination? Guess whomever wrote those was ignorant and refusing to take responsibility too.
                            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                              I don't go for either view.

[I perceive the Deity as having possession of the 'larger picture', of which humanity by varying degrees ignorant. I also believe humanity has been given latitude of will, which gets personalised by a number of factors, including the likes of fallibility. I am also mindful of Jesus' comment that 'My kingdom is not of this world' - that we have a freedom of choice, to do the right thing, or to screw up.]

ps. The Bible's take on 'predestination' is that it is we who by our own choices have control of it. That God does not force us. That we are not automatons.

Comment

• "Jihad Intel" Launched by the Middle East Forum

"Jihad Intel" Launched by the Middle East Forum

EXCERPTS:
                                Philadelphia May 6, 2015 The Middle East Forum announces Jihad Intel, a project to provide U.S. law enforcement with detailed information on violent Islamist groups.

Jihad Intel, http://jihadintel.meforum.org, gives police tools to identify terrorists acting on behalf of Islam and to connect the dots before a terrorist incident takes place.

Not only does the FBI admit that the threat of ISIS attacks in the West is "not even close to being under control," but there are hundreds more jihadi organizations, with new ones forming continually. Most are active on social media, recruiting globally.

Each has its own identifying symbols. So, in response, Jihad Intel has established a public, gratis database of visual identifiers of over 125 Islamic terrorist groups hundreds of emblems, flags, headbands, graffiti, propaganda, social media tags and other symbols used to incite Muslims to violence with new groups and identifiers added continually.
                                This effort also responds to the Obama administration's removal of references to Islam from law enforcement and national security training materials. "Political correctness impedes law enforcement," notes Daniel Pipes, president of the Middle East Forum, "but we empower the police to safeguard Americans from jihadis."
                                http://www.meforum.org/5223/jihad-in...dle-east-forum
                                Last edited by G David Bock; 07 May 15, 15:09.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X