No announcement yet.

Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kinda agree. I had a Kurdish buddy from Iraq who's stories just raised my hackles. He was a Zoroastrian who fled there and got a job at the DLI. Man, those guys just want to get along and live in peace. Do they get to? No. Submit or get your throat cut...

DLI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_Language_Institute
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
      It really is remarkable - I have posted links which show that the Islamists and Jihadis in Syria are slaughtering people, committing mass executions and have mentioned other places where they have done similar if not worse. Or were you incapable of processing that information?

I have also said that much of mainstream Islam (and Islamic as opposed to Islamist ideology) is abhorrent and intolerant to me. Then again so are most religions. So what am I defending?

What I am doing is saying that using the sources of a known con artist and fraud like him is a mistake. You have also not proven that the video depicts a Christian slaughterhouse at all. Chances are it might show the murders of a variety of people - of a number of backgrounds and religions.

What I will say is that your argument to show Islam as being akin to Nazism based on the links between some Muslims and Nazi Germany fails massively.

So since you seem to want to avoid the issue - show how Shoebat is not a fraud.
      Are you dense or just deliberately trying to make this an ad homenum vendetta?

Here is the post that started this "tempest in a teacup"
      http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=373
      I don't recall if I saw it on Drudge or in an e-mail newsletter, but all I did was post the article title from the site linked, and their URL. FWIW, appears "Eagle Rising" has pulled it, but the original article had another person named as author and Shoebat as a source cited in the text.

I have not had time to track Shoebat's latest saga of the past few years regards his CV and resume' and was presenting the article for consideration. The video is of an interview in Arabic, of a Muslim taken captive and he describes seeing other's besides Christians in the alledged slaughterhouse. EagleRising appears to be a Christian focused website, hence the slant to their title. BTW, I don't speak or read Arabic so have no way to "prove" the video fraud or not, but translation provided by Shoebat was only translation, so presented for what it's worth.

FWIW, here's a couple other sites with similar article;
      http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/chri...terhouse.html/
      http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_310_35075.php
      http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/christian...laughterhouse/
      Note in the last link that Bob Unruh is the author, whom is using a video provided by Shoebat, so maybe you should vent your rants towards him.

In the SEVEN years history of this thread, my focus has been upon the Jihadist factions of Islam and I have in various posts mentioned muslim upon muslim aspects of the conflicts, and strove to point out the ideology behind things like "suicide bombings", etc.Basically I'm trying to keep on topic, not go off on tangents like you and many others attempt to do.

As for Nazi and Islamo Fascists linkages, covered that in prior posts on this thread, but here are a couple of basic links;
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni
      http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../muftihit.html

Here's another article you can get you knickers in knot over;
      Islamists: Pay gold or die, Christians!

ISIS imposes 'jizya' tax on non-Muslims, warns resistance will make them 'legitimate targets'

http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/islamists...ie-christians/

I've wasted enough time on you for now ...
      Last edited by G David Bock; 26 Mar 14, 21:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Are you dense or just deliberately trying to make this an ad homenum vendetta?

Here is the post that started this "tempest in a teacup"
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=373
        I don't recall if I saw it on Drudge or in an e-mail newsletter, but all I did was post the article title from the site linked, and their URL. FWIW, appears "Eagle Rising" has pulled it, but the original article had another person named as author and Shoebat as a source cited in the text.

I have not had time to track Shoebat's latest saga of the past few years regards his CV and resume' and was presenting the article for consideration. The video is of an interview in Arabic, of a Muslim taken captive and he describes seeing other's besides Christians in the alledged slaughterhouse. EagleRising appears to be a Christian focused website, hence the slant to their title. BTW, I don't speak or read Arabic so have no way to "prove" the video fraud or not, but translation provided by Shoebat was only translation, so presented for what it's worth.

FWIW, here's a couple other sites with similar article;
        http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/chri...terhouse.html/
        http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_310_35075.php
        http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/christian...laughterhouse/
        Note in the last link that Bob Unruh is the author, whom is using a video provided by Shoebat, so maybe you should vent your rants towards him.

In the SEVEN years history of this thread, my focus has been upon the Jihadist factions of Islam and I have in various posts mentioned muslim upon muslim aspects of the conflicts, and strove to point out the ideology behind things like "suicide bombings", etc.Basically I'm trying to keep on topic, not go off on tangents like you and many others attempt to do.

As for Nazi and Islamo Fascists linkages, covered that in prior posts on this thread, but here are a couple of basic links;
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni
        http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../muftihit.html

Here's another article you can get you knickers in knot over;
        Islamists: Pay gold or die, Christians!

ISIS imposes 'jizya' tax on non-Muslims, warns resistance will make them 'legitimate targets'

http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/islamists...ie-christians/

I've wasted enough time on you for now ...
        And a couple of basic facts how many Muslims fought against the Nazis, Fascists and Imperial Japanese?

Secondly I have repeatedly said that the Islamists have committed widespread atrocities in Syria and elsewhere. What I criticised were your sources and your selective focus on Christians alone when it said more than that. If you do not like someone saying Shoebat is a fraud then do not use him - simple enough. I also asked you to back up the context of what you posted. Apparently you did not like that because you could not.

Interesting though you have gone from challenging me to prove it is false to saying you have no way of verifying it. Will leave you to it then.
        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

And a couple of basic facts how many Muslims fought against the Nazis, Fascists and Imperial Japanese?
          You want such, you post such. That's how these forums work. This thread is about the Muslims whom work evil and in the time that was WITH the "Nazis, Fascists, and Imperial Japanese".

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          Secondly I have repeatedly said that the Islamists have committed widespread atrocities in Syria and elsewhere.
          So have I so what is your "beef" other than hubris?

What I criticised were your sources and your selective focus on Christians alone when it said more than that.
          As I've tried to make clear, an "impulse post" of an article title and 'url', which hindsight shows came from a Christian website with an author whom used Shoebat's video and translation of Arabic(?) to English. What does Shoebat's possible faked background have to do with this video and translation. ??? This you've tried to construe into some form of deliberate ... .... effort to mislead??? What?!

Considering you can neither offer an alternate translation of the Arabic in the video and/or article, so go three layers down to focus on the alledged non-character of a source mentioned in the article rather than the actual substance of the article ... and then do this through several posts and and ignorant insults to injury to imply that I am guilty of the mis-logic you try to imply!!! ???

Expect such from the mind of a 13 year old, not an adult.

If you do not like someone saying Shoebat is a fraud then do not use him - simple enough.
          That's not the issue. The issue is what does Shoebat's alledged faked background have to do with the integrity of the video or the translation he provided?

I also asked you to back up the context of what you posted. Apparently you did not like that because you could not.
          I posted what I did because, not being fluent in Arabic, I was hoping some one whom is, might speak if the translation provided by Shoebat was accurate or not.

Interesting though you have gone from challenging me to prove it is false to saying you have no way of verifying it. Will leave you to it then.
          Not exactly. Your repeatedly decline to deal with the main subject and moving of goalposts had me admitting why I posted this article (non-fluent in Arabic) which your libtard~progressive mindset construed into something it wasn't. Typical Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations/centuries on display.

Comment

Not exactly. Your repeatedly decline to deal with the main subject and moving of goalposts had me admitting why I posted this article (non-fluent in Arabic) which your libtard~progressive mindset construed into something it wasn't. Typical Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations/centuries on display.

You are a touchy little man are n't you! Please link to any insults I have sent your way.

Can't be bothered with the rest which I have repeatedly commented on. However, knowing that Shoebat is unreliable and has been shown to be so and suggesting better sources makes me a Euro vassal inbred? Of course the tard mental illness remark is par for the course and no longer a surprise from some. But what is a Euro vassal mindset and which specific European traits have been inbred over centuries? Your insults are as sensible and logical as your sources it would seem.
            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
            G.B Shaw

Comment

• Departing the tangential trail of "nit-picking" above, something more to the theme of this thread (and likely to stir controversy of course);
              Is ‘moderate Islam’ an oxymoron?

EXCERPT:
              At a time when terrorism committed in the name of Islam is rampant, we are continuously being assured—especially by three major institutions that play a dominant role in forming the Western mindset, namely, mainstream media, academia, and government—that the sort of Islam embraced by “radicals,” “jihadis,” and so forth, has nothing to do with “real” Islam.

“True” Islam, so the narrative goes, is intrinsically free of anything “bad.” It’s the nut-jobs who hijack it for their own agenda that are to blame.

More specifically, we are told that there exists a “moderate” Islam and an “extremist” Islam—the former good and true, embraced by a Muslim majority, the latter a perverse sacrilege practiced by an exploitative minority.

But what do these dual adjectives—“moderate” and “extremist”—ultimately mean in the context of Islam? Are they both equal and viable alternatives insofar as to how Islam is understood? Are they both theologically legitimate? This last question is particularly important, since Islam is first and foremost a religious way of life centered around the words of a deity (Allah) and his prophet (Muhammad)—the significance of which is admittedly unappreciated by secular societies.

Both terms—“moderate” and “extremist”—have to do with degree, or less mathematically, zeal: how much, or to what extent, a thing is practiced or implemented. As Webster’s puts it, “moderate” means “observing reasonable limits”; “extremist” means “going to great or exaggerated lengths.”

It’s a question, then, of doing either too much or too little.

The problem, however, is that mainstream Islam offers a crystal-clear way of life, based on the teachings of the Koran and Hadith—the former, containing what purport to be the sacred words of Allah, the latter, the example (or sunna, hence “Sunnis”) of his prophet, also known as the most “perfect man” (al-insan al-kamil). Indeed, based on these two primary sources and according to normative Islamic teaching, all human actions fall into five categories: forbidden actions, discouraged actions, neutral actions recommended actions, and obligatory actions.

In this context, how does a believer go about “moderating” what the deity and his spokesman have commanded? One can either try to observe Islam’s commandments or one can ignore them: any more or less is not Islam—a word which means “submit” (to the laws, or sharia, of Allah).

The real question, then, is what do Allah and his prophet command Muslims (“they who submit”) to do? Are radicals “exaggerating” their orders? Or are moderate Muslims simply “observing reasonable limits”—a euphemism for negligence?—when it comes to fulfilling their commandments?

In our highly secularized era, where we are told that religious truths are flexible or simply non-existent, and that any and all interpretations and exegeses are valid, the all-important question of “What does Islam command?” loses all relevance.

Hence why the modern West is incapable of understanding Islam.
              Bottom line: If Islam teaches X and a Muslim upholds X—how is he being “extreme”? Seems more logical to say that it is Islam itself that is being “extreme.” Similarly, if a self-professed Muslim does not uphold Islamic teachings—including prayer, fasting, paying zakat, etc.—how is he being a “moderate”? Seems more logical to say that he is not much of a Muslim at all—that is, he is not submitting to Allah, the very definition of “Muslim.”

It’s time to acknowledge that dichotomized notions like “moderate” and “extreme” are culturally induced and loaded standards of the modern, secular West—hardly applicable to the teachings of Islam—and not universal absolutes recognized by all mankind.
              http://www.humanevents.com/2014/03/2...m-an-oxymoron/

Comment

• Once again what is a Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations? And how is that illustrated by pointing out that Shoebat has been proven to be a fraud?
                G.B Shaw

Comment

Once again what is a Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations? And how is that illustrated by pointing out that Shoebat has been proven to be a fraud?
                  Euro vassal mindset?

Comment

• G David Bock - What folks need to understand, including most Muslims, is that Islam is laced through and through with contradictions - contradictions which are addressed by 'dualistic reasoning' and 'abrogations'.

In Islam, Allah is proclaimed as being the 'greatest/best of deceivers/schemers {the Arabic word that is used for this word at the time meant 'deceiver' and not 'schemer']. Schemer is a more recent claim for the meaning. As if any deity would need to scheme against humanity in any case.

Judaism and Christianity tend to perceive 'Satan' as being the best of deceivers/schemers - this might explain all the Muslim vs Muslim and Jihad stuff kicking off all over the world.

Having studied things Islam for many years I could give a fulsome dissertation on the subject, but perhaps a forum on Armchair General is not the place.

Suffice to say there is much ignorance about Islam, and that includes amongst Muslims themselves.

Perhaps the peaceniks amongst Sufi Muslims ought to listen in to the preachings of the sort of clerics you could see operating here in the UK a few years back - doubtless such extremeism is still preached, but less openly.

The 'Despatches - Undercover Mosque' - is a programme I saw a few years ago on British TV. It was available on YouTube, but these days political pressure prevents it from being viewed here in the UK, I wonder if the situation is the same in the States?

The poor old British tax payer shelled out millions of ££s and much High Court time trying to get rid of some of the worst purveyors of hate, in some cases it took years, in other cases we are stuck with them here and the cost of monitoring them.
                    Last edited by Wooden Wonder; 29 Mar 14, 06:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                      Euro vassal mindset?
                      Yes apparently pointing out that Shoebat is a known fraud and con artist and that there are better sources to use on Syria means I am displaying "Typical Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations/centuries on display. "

Not quite sure what that is and how we Europeans are all alike and have that mindset.
                      G.B Shaw

Comment

Yes apparently pointing out that Shoebat is a known fraud and con artist and that there are better sources to use on Syria means I am displaying "Typical Euro vassal mindset inbred over generations/centuries on display. "

Not quite sure what that is and how we Europeans are all alike and have that mindset.

Just let him keep ranting, he is showing himself up for the fool that he is.

Comment

You are a touchy little man are n't you! Please link to any insults I have sent your way.

Can't be bothered with the rest which I have repeatedly commented on. However, knowing that Shoebat is unreliable and has been shown to be so and suggesting better sources makes me a Euro vassal inbred? Of course the tard mental illness remark is par for the course and no longer a surprise from some. But what is a Euro vassal mindset and which specific European traits have been inbred over centuries? Your insults are as sensible and logical as your sources it would seem.
                          Late at night, tired and a bit peeved to see you spam the same statement for about the seventh time, yes I was in a touchy mood.

I good your point the first time, post #377. Excuse me for not passing you a green pip of rep and bestowing lots of & ().

I also have repeatedly commented, that it was an article title and link without pro or con comment from me and you've repeatedly implied more than what I did not say. Furhtermore Shoebat was used by the author of the article and Shoebat did not claim to create the video, so a fraudulent background/CV is of limited relevance to the article content. Had i used Shoebat's website as the link, you might have a slightly stronger case, but ....

Have I presented anything from Shoebat since your initial objection?

Your point was made in post #377. Posts # 382,385,387,398 show an obsession to regurgitate your initial comments without any consideration of my responses. Post 401 you finally present what you think are acceptable alternate sources. By post #404 you are back to you obsession/spam.

Note the title of this thread and that there are other threads in other parts of this forum dealing with Syria. The portion of that article/link that lead me to present it wasn't that it was happening in Syria, but that the butchery is symptomatic of the Jihadi mindset that has brought previous videos of throat slitting and be-headings, hence a sub-context related to the theme of this thread.

As for "inbred Euro vassal mindset" the term should be self-explanatory. Perhaps had I used the terms surf or peasant in place of vassal you might grasp it easier. Upon consideration of how often you've said the same post slightly rephrased and appear to have this obsession on Shoebat, I realize you may be suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and since your conduct is likely the result of mental illness, it was rude of me to denigrate your breeding.

I promise I won't post any links to Shoebat in the near future so as not to disturb your delicate condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                            Just let him keep ranting, he is showing himself up for the fool that he is.
                            I can assure you that assessment is equally reciprocated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
                              G David Bock - What folks need to understand, including most Muslims, is that Islam is laced through and through with contradictions - contradictions which are addressed by 'dualistic reasoning' and 'abrogations'.

In Islam, Allah is proclaimed as being the 'greatest/best of deceivers/schemers {the Arabic word that is used for this word at the time meant 'deceiver' and not 'schemer']. Schemer is a more recent claim for the meaning. As if any deity would need to scheme against humanity in any case.

Judaism and Christianity tend to perceive 'Satan' as being the best of deceivers/schemers - this might explain all the Muslim vs Muslim and Jihad stuff kicking off all over the world.

Having studied things Islam for many years I could give a fulsome dissertation on the subject, but perhaps a forum on Armchair General is not the place.

Suffice to say there is much ignorance about Islam, and that includes amongst Muslims themselves.

Perhaps the peaceniks amongst Sufi Muslims ought to listen in to the preachings of the sort of clerics you could see operating here in the UK a few years back - doubtless such extremeism is still preached, but less openly.

The 'Despatches - Undercover Mosque' - is a programme I saw a few years ago on British TV. It was available on YouTube, but these days political pressure prevents it from being viewed here in the UK, I wonder if the situation is the same in the States?

The poor old British tax payer shelled out millions of ££s and much High Court time trying to get rid of some of the worst purveyors of hate, in some cases it took years, in other cases we are stuck with them here and the cost of monitoring them.
                              Part of the source of contradictions is that the Koran, except for the first chapter/surra, is organized by length of the chapters/surras, rather than the chronology of "revelation.

Here's a couple of links to sites showing the seqence of the Koran if taken chronologically;
                              http://www.qran.org/q-chrono.htm
                              http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronologi...f_the_Qur%27an

And for general reference, Wiki article on the Koran, origins, composition;
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Quran

Comment

Late at night, tired and a bit peeved to see you spam the same statement for about the seventh time, yes I was in a touchy mood.

I good your point the first time, post #377. Excuse me for not passing you a green pip of rep and bestowing lots of & ().

I also have repeatedly commented, that it was an article title and link without pro or con comment from me and you've repeatedly implied more than what I did not say. Furhtermore Shoebat was used by the author of the article and Shoebat did not claim to create the video, so a fraudulent background/CV is of limited relevance to the article content. Had i used Shoebat's website as the link, you might have a slightly stronger case, but ....

Have I presented anything from Shoebat since your initial objection?

Your point was made in post #377. Posts # 382,385,387,398 show an obsession to regurgitate your initial comments without any consideration of my responses. Post 401 you finally present what you think are acceptable alternate sources. By post #404 you are back to you obsession/spam.

Note the title of this thread and that there are other threads in other parts of this forum dealing with Syria. The portion of that article/link that lead me to present it wasn't that it was happening in Syria, but that the butchery is symptomatic of the Jihadi mindset that has brought previous videos of throat slitting and be-headings, hence a sub-context related to the theme of this thread.

As for "inbred Euro vassal mindset" the term should be self-explanatory. Perhaps had I used the terms surf or peasant in place of vassal you might grasp it easier. Upon consideration of how often you've said the same post slightly rephrased and appear to have this obsession on Shoebat, I realize you may be suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and since your conduct is likely the result of mental illness, it was rude of me to denigrate your breeding.

I promise I won't post any links to Shoebat in the near future so as not to disturb your delicate condition.
                                It would probably have been better if you had realised that posting Shoebat related material or that by similarly ridiculous sources was not the best way to go because of their reliability.

What is surprising is how so much goes over your head. The repeated mentions of Shoebat were because of your responses and the fact that you attribute statements to people who have not made them. My responses were based on that, secondly on your claims - which are still unproven and finally on your own bias in how you presented the story.

But no surprise that you were incapable of understanding that. Anyways will leave you to it - after yet another round of your usual labels of mental illness. That does seem to be a feature of people of a certain political outlook around here does n't it.
                                G.B Shaw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X