X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    The "NEW" War That Could Rocket Oil Past $220 In 2011

Full Disclosure:

The following link is to a commercial from a financial website, and is not presented to peddle their services or as an endorsement of the firm. I happened to click on this the other night and the more I review and think it over, this guy is making sense. Whether you go for his "wares" is a personal choice, but the first/main portion of this presentation is very informed and enlightening, and rather chilling to contemplate. Especially since recent news developments seem to be matching up to his forecast.

Stuff is about to hit the fan and make GWOT a lot bigger than many of us expected. This explains much about the Sunni/Shia issue and what Iran's Grand Strategy is.

http://www.agorafinancial.com/report...?code=POSTM117
    Observe whats going on Tunisia, Egypt and the Yemen right now and maybe more soon. If that all goes south, the thing is what will fill the power vacum. We really need to extricate ourselves from the Middle East.

Comment

• As a proponent of brevity in language, I was somewhat annoyed that he took so long, and used so many sentences, to present his position. For those who don't want to wade through the whole thing, it could be summarised as follows:
      • "I'm going to tell you a secret that the Pentagon and the White House don't want you to know.

• A cataclysmic event is approaching, but you can use foreknowledge of this for fantastic financial gain. I am going to send you this information FREE, since I would HATE for you to miss out on this fantastic opportunity.

• The Shia and Sunni communities have hated each other for centuries.

• Now the Sunni and Shia nations are well-armed with modern weaponary.

• Iran is the main Shia country and is trying to build nuclear weapons.

• Iran would like to take over most Sunni countries and restore their ancient Persian empire. Especially, they would like to take the huge oil fields of Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

• Nearly all Middle-Eastern oil flows through the narrow Straits of Hormuz. Iran can close these straits very easily.

• Iran is covertly involved in supporting opposition groups in Iraq and the Yemen.

• Yemen is well-placed to attack Saudi Arabia and close the 'Gate of Tears' entrance to the Suez canal.

• When the flow of Middle Eastern oil is cut off, oil prices will rise to over US$200/barrel.

• Other commodities, such as gold and silver, will also increase by several hundred percent.

• Anyone who has bought oil/gold/silver-related stocks will reap massive profits.

• If you send me a few dollars, I will advise you which commodities and stocks to invest in so that you can make huge profits."

Philip
      Last edited by PhilipLaos; 28 Jan 11, 11:44.
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Philip,

A reasonably good summary there. Some added points;

The roots of the Shia vs. Sunni issue have to do with succession to position of Caliph (amoung other items) and some information on this can be found in the posts I made in this thread back in the first couple of pages.

Hezbolla, Hamas, and many other Jihadist Orgs. get aid and funding from Iran to further it's strategic aims. Which means Iran is heavily involved in anti-Isreal and anti-West(USA) activity in Lebenon, Gaza, and lossely allied with Syria.

Iranian leadership is 'obssessed' with starting a Koranic version of Armageddon, with appearance of the 12th Iman/Mahdi.

While the two straits might be interdicted, depending upon USA/Western response that might not last too long.

Considering how many nations in the region don't grow enough food to fed their populations, if the flow of oil/pertoleum tapers down or stops due to these projected events, so would the inflow of food. Adding more misery and starvation for many to that region.

For a potential situation, POTUS Barry seems rather clueless, especially in his recent SOTU address. I'm doubtful he has a Plan for reaction (let alone proaction).

Another "log on the fire" might be what's covered in this thread, Pakistan's rather recent growth in nuclear weapons;
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=104149
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

For a potential situation, POTUS Barry seems rather clueless, especially in his recent SOTU address. I'm doubtful he has a Plan for reaction (let alone proaction).
          I'd be pretty confident that the Pentagon and State Department have had plans in place, for decades, covering all reactive options to the possibility of Gulf Oil being cut off again. These military and diplomatic options would be presented to the President if such an event occurs.

Would be interesting to know what the options are though.

Philip
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
            I'd be pretty confident that the Pentagon and State Department have had plans in place, for decades, covering all reactive options to the possibility of Gulf Oil being cut off again. These military and diplomatic options would be presented to the President if such an event occurs.

Would be interesting to know what the options are though.

Philip
            This wouldn't be an issue if USA focused on becoming less dependent of gulf that's on the other side of the planet and more dependent on oil right across the boarder here in Canada. They already get more oil from us than any one else but ideally they'd be dependant on our oil. Why? It betters my country's economy and there's no risk that we'll turn into an Islamic theocracy or something and cut off the supply.
            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

• Harsh words for US and Israel at Iranian revolution rallies

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...lution-rallies

Agence France-Presse

Last Updated: Feb 11, 2011

TEHRAN // President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Friday that the Middle East will soon be free of the United States and Israel, as massive crowds of Iranians chanted pro-Egypt and anti-American slogans while marking the 32nd anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

Ahmadinejad, under whose presidency the animosity between Iran and the West has peaked, warned Egyptians to be "watchful of the friendly face" of the United States as he predicted victory in the Egypt uprising.

"We will soon see a new Middle East materialising without America and the Zionist regime and there will be no room for world arrogance (the West) in it," the hardliner told cheering crowds of men, women and children gathered in Tehran's Azadi (Freedom) Square despite cold and cloudy weather.

"Come and take away the Zionist regime which is the source of all crimes... take it away and liberate the region. Free the region and give it to the people and take this regime, which is the child of Satan, out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I expect we'll see similar results in Egypt as in Iran 32 years ago. Another Theocratic dictatorship, under Shiria Law, which will ultimately be more repressive than ever under Mubarak. The "War" is escalating ...

Meanwhile, POTUS Barry who was silent and clueless several months ago when the 'Green' protests in Iran were quashed, joins hands with Iran's "I wanna Jihad" in creaming panties over recent development in Egypt. Our enemies within are more dangerous than those 'with-out' it seems ...

Comment

• Democracy is a Relative Term

Everyone is excited about the toppling of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt. “This is a moment of huge opportunity,” enthused one noted analyst. Another agreed: “We will soon see a new Middle East materializing.” The two analysts in question are Tony Blair and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad—and that sums up the reigning confusion about what exactly has happened in Egypt, and what is likely to happen next.

Blair opined that “this is a moment of huge opportunity, not just for Egypt,” but for the entire Middle East. “Despite all those challenges,” Blair added, “this is a moment when the whole of the Middle East could pivot and face towards change and modernization and democracy.”

Maybe. Ahmadinejad, however, is envisioning a wholly different scenario. He predicted that “we will soon see a new Middle East materializing without America and the Zionist regime, and there will be no room for world arrogance [that is, the West] in it.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=41767

Comment

• As I did a few months back here;
                  http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=54392&page=14
                  it's possible this thread could also use a 'thumbnail' of copy-pastable size that summarizes what the main message(s) here are, so for those seeking a 'bottomline format';

I) Per the Koran/Quran:
                  A) Islamic Heaven/Paradise is multi-layered/multiple-levels.
                  B) A "good", peaceful Muslim is assured entry to the lowest level of Heaven/Paradise (only).
                  C) To attain any place other than the Lowest Level of Paradise/Heaven,
                  a Muslim must be a Holy Warrior (Mujhandeen) engaged in Holy War (Jihad) during their lifetime on Earth.
                  D) When engaged in 'Holy War' (Jihad), all non-believers (includes apostates and heretics) are considered valid 'targets', includes women and children as well as men.

II) Muhammad's ministry began (per Koran/Quran and Haddith);
                  A) as a copy of Jesus Christ, one of preaching 'peace and love', tolerance of all, ...
                  B) After several years and physical attacks and murders of His followers, Allah gave permission to Muhammad (through messenger ArchAngel Gabriel) and His followers to engage in combat in defense of Islam.
                  C) A couple of years later Allah then granted permission to use violence/force against "non-believers" to compel their conversion and compliance with Islam.
                  D) During the last few years of his 'ministry' Muhammad carried a sword and lead armies in campaigns of conquest and conversion. Upon his 'conversion to Paradise', his followers continued the example he had sent and engaged in expanding the realm and influence of Islam to neighboring lands and regions.

III) Muhammad was the first Caliph - absolute ruler, religious and political, of all Muslims. He held the office of the Caliphate, supreme religious and political authority of all of Islam. Since Muhammad's death/passing on, many have aspired to and held the position of Caliph/Caliphate. The primary divison of sects, factions within Islam centers about this office/position with Shia holding that such must be held by a genetic/physical desendent of Muhammad, whereas Sunni hold that anyone with a majority of approval, either through physical/brute intimidation or actual "democratic" vote, can hold the office.

IV) In either case, the final message and mandate from Allah thru Muhammad was that all Muslim must engage in Jihad (Holy War) of Conversion until;
                  A) All of humankind has converted to Islam.
                  B) The 'Final Day of Judgement' has arrived.
                  C) There remains no longer any believers in "Islam and Jihad" as Allah's assignment and Destiny to his Followers.

Until either of the three above conditions are met, the Earth will experience, when ever resources and organization make possible, "Eternal War" in form of Islamic Jihad! ~ Thus is the message and promise of Allah.

Comment

• Even though I'm starting a seperate thread on this topic, it ties in with the themes here as well so am "archiving" a link;
                    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42174
                    The Muslim Brotherhood in America: Part I: Understanding the Threat
                    by John Guandolo 03/08/2011

Comment

• And a couple more links to archive, this one from 'Trebuchet' on another thread, it's an outside Islam assessment of Islam, from what I could gauge on a 'glance' it's objective, which means some may object since honest assestments don't shed favorable light on the 'so-called' religion;
                      http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

This other may be useful for those who'd like to go thru the Koran/Quran in chronological order;
                      http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronologi...r_of_the_Quran

Comment

• Israel/Palestine being one of the battlefields of "GWOT", this is an item for thought; (received as part of an e-mail listing):

No. 90 of "365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy"
                        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...SIN=1596986425

Defend Israel.

LIBERAL MYTH NO. 1:
                        The Jews stole the land from the Palestinians.

REFUTATION:
                        No, they didn't. After the Romans cleared out and decimated the mighty cities built by Jews like King Herod, Palestine was an arid, sparsely populated backwater that was eventually claimed (for land bridge reasons) by the Ottoman Empire, then by the British Empire. Jews have lived in the region continuously for well over 2,000 years. The British found themselves overseeing an indigenous population made up of Jews and Arabs-and sometimes Arab Jews. All were referred to as "Palestinians." Ownership of the land was a patch work. Much of the land was owned by absentee landlords who lived in places like Egypt, and farmed by local Arab Palestinians. This may have made many Palestinians believe it was "their land," but sorry, that just wasn't the case. As the Zionist movement gained traction in the early 1900s, Jews around the world contributed to a fund to buy up tranches of land, and much of the land for the future Jewish state envisioned by the early Zionists was acquired this way. Once again, the poor Arabs living on and farming the land may not have been happy to give up the land they lived on, but it was not "stolen from them," because they didn't own it to begin with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not to mention the UN Mandate for Isreal as an independent State begining in May 1948. This was a 'swiss cheese' "two-state" settlement giving the 'cheese' to non-zionist/non-Jew Palestinians (Arabs) and the 'holes', scatterred about,to the Jews/Zionists.

'Arabs'(Muslims) in Palestine and neighboring states didn't like this UN solution so declared war on Israel hoping to wipe out the new-born state as well as eliminate the Jews living there (finishing the work begun by the NAZIs but ended a few years earlier). Numbers of combatants and equipment gave the attacking Arabs plenty of advantage, beating odds, but somehow the Jews/Zionists prevailed. Stakes in the conflict being "to the victor go the spoils/land" the victorious Jews/Zionists claimed and kept the land ('cheese') they conquered.

The "Palestinians" bet on their Arab brothers, and lost. Been whining over the consequences (of a bad choice) ever since.

Comment

• A bump for ready reference in light of recent WH/Obamay idoitacy!

Comment

• Terrorism by Jihadists isn't done just for the sake of 'terror'.

Nor is Jihad performed just to 'save the souls' of the Jihadis.

There is an ultimate goal, as laid out and started by Muhammad, the whole World united under single rule of Islam.

In July of this year, a conference on re-establishing the Khalifate;
                            Are You Ready For a World Governed by Islamic Law?
                            http://www.theblaze.com/stories/are-...y-islamic-law/

Watch the embedded trailer for the conference.
                            Last edited by G David Bock; 22 Jun 11, 21:45.

Comment

• Co-incidence?

Here's a pair of connected articles I came across at Drudge;
                              http://www.drudgereport.com/

Ahmadinejad: Iran not afraid to make nuke weapon...
                              http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...b8863beea48fe0

MYSTERY: Five Russian nuclear experts killed in plane crash helped design Iran facility...
                              Nuclear experts killed in Russia plane crash helped design Iran facility
                              http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...ility-1.369226

Can't help wondering what they might have told about Iran's capabilities if ...

Shifting gears slightly and playing against the article in most recent issue of ACG about EMP, if I were Iran, I might wait until I had about six or more reliable devices, then set off a pair over Eastern USA, another pair over Western USA and the third pair over the center of Europe ..., "The West"is knocked back a couple of centuries on the tech scale, essentially in "Road Warrior" stage.

Iran/Persia is set to dominate the Middle East. Israel will be gone for lack of any back-up coming.

Russia and China all too happy to have Iran do the dirty work for them.

Russia can walk into Europe taking over what it wants.

China dominates western Asia/Pacific (And gets real cheap petrol out of ME since supply now exceeds demand).

Brazil dominates South America.

North America reduced to a wasteland of primative savage enclaves barely holding on to subsistance existance.

Whole different 'New World Order' than envisioned by some.

Comment

Here's a pair of connected articles I came across at Drudge;
                                http://www.drudgereport.com/

Ahmadinejad: Iran not afraid to make nuke weapon...
                                http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...b8863beea48fe0

MYSTERY: Five Russian nuclear experts killed in plane crash helped design Iran facility...
                                Nuclear experts killed in Russia plane crash helped design Iran facility
                                http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...ility-1.369226

Can't help wondering what they might have told about Iran's capabilities if ...

Shifting gears slightly and playing against the article in most recent issue of ACG about EMP, if I were Iran, I might wait until I had about six or more reliable devices, then set off a pair over Eastern USA, another pair over Western USA and the third pair over the center of Europe ..., "The West"is knocked back a couple of centuries on the tech scale, essentially in "Road Warrior" stage.

Iran/Persia is set to dominate the Middle East. Israel will be gone for lack of any back-up coming.

Russia and China all too happy to have Iran do the dirty work for them.

Russia can walk into Europe taking over what it wants.

China dominates western Asia/Pacific (And gets real cheap petrol out of ME since supply now exceeds demand).

Brazil dominates South America.

North America reduced to a wasteland of primative savage enclaves barely holding on to subsistance existance.

Whole different 'New World Order' than envisioned by some.
                                Im prob gonna get flamed for this but...
                                I dont know how into gaming you are but Modern Warfare 3's storyline is exactly this.

On a different note i tend to agree with you throughout the entire thread and yes i read it all. If any invasion were to come to the states the invading country would have a hell of a time doing it

ie

1. Most Americans own at least one gun (im included in this)
                                2. Americans have a better chance of victory in an Insurgency since a lot of them have combat experience (me included)
                                3. Most americans can grow thier own gardens
                                4. the US Army has been training for years on Martial Law/Counter Insurgency which means they know how to fight one and how to become one.
                                5. The state of Texas alone is uncaptureable due to its
                                1. size
                                2. dont mess with Texas slogan (they mean it, ive lived there)
                                3. There are more guns then people and they know how to use them
                                Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-10

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X