Islam - Jihad - GWOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
    I really hate to disillusion the author but there is no caliph, hasn't been for hundreds of years.
    The last significant Caliph was of the Ottoman Empire which was abolished in 1924...so, it hasn't been "hundreds" of years since the last Caliph.

The term itself simply means "leader of the faithful". Any muslim religious leader could declare himself a Caliph. Now, whether any other muslims paid attention to him, who knows. Such a person would need to have a whole lot of influence/power to back-up such a claim.

Now, suppose a muslim become leader of a very powerful nation...say, I don't know...the USA. Such a muslim leader would have a strong case to make to the rest of Islam.

Anyway, the point was that Sharia law always leaders to take power by force...which is at odds with the constitution.
    Later - Tater
    "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

• While we're clarifying points, Eric gets credit for finding the "Sharia for Dummies" link which was in same titled thread he started;
      http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=97460
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• I think if Obama declared himself a caliph that would be accepted because in a way he is a leader of the faithful awaiting his promised change.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

• Personally, I suspect that Obama is the "third anti-christ" as prophecized by Nostrodamus.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Personally, I suspect that Obama is the "third anti-christ" as prophecized by Nostrodamus.
            Ah if you go there, the blue turbaned anti Christ leads an army of Muslims invading Europe. Obama seems poorly poised to do this as the US is populated almost entirely by Christians.
            How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
            275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolery View Post
              Ah if you go there, the blue turbaned anti Christ leads an army of Muslims invading Europe. Obama seems poorly poised to do this as the US is populated almost entirely by Christians.
              Well first, I wouldn't take Nosty too literal, he tended to speak in metaphors.

Secondly, doubt Obamy will reign much longer in DC, assuming there's an honest count in the next Prez. election. He does see himself a "citizen of the world" and perhaps after this term, wherein he mangles the USA economy and defense, he moves on to another position of leadership somewhere else on the global.

At mid-forties in age there's still some mileage left in him and seems Someone has been pulling the strings to move him along in a way that lets him do the most damage. Perhaps in the future he returns to his "roots".

Comment

Well first, I wouldn't take Nosty too literal, he tended to speak in metaphors.

Secondly, doubt Obamy will reign much longer in DC, assuming there's an honest count in the next Prez. election. He does see himself a "citizen of the world" and perhaps after this term, wherein he mangles the USA economy and defense, he moves on to another position of leadership somewhere else on the global.

At mid-forties in age there's still some mileage left in him and seems Someone has been pulling the strings to move him along in a way that lets him do the most damage. Perhaps in the future he returns to his "roots".
                Head of the UN? Don't UN peacekeeping forces wear blue hats? If Nostradamus is not taken too literally, blue caps can be substituted for a blue turban.

Not that I believe in any of that prophetic bunk, but it is interesting to think about.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  Head of the UN? Don't UN peacekeeping forces wear blue hats? If Nostradamus is not taken too literally, blue caps can be substituted for a blue turban.

Not that I believe in any of that prophetic bunk, but it is interesting to think about.
                  Ha! You beat me to it!
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Hopefully board moderaters won't see this as 'spamming', rather archiving for future reference;

Shariah: The Threat to America
                    http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/p18523.xml

[Not spam - but definitely a copyright issue. Posted edited. ACG Staff]

Shariah is the crucial fault line of Islam’s internecine struggle. On one side of the divide are Muslim reformers and authentic moderates – figures like Abdurrahman Wahid, the late president of Indonesia and leader of the world’s largest libertarian Muslim organization, Nahdlatul Ulama – whose members embrace the Enlightenment’s veneration of reason and, in particular, its separation of the spiritual and secular realms. On this side of the divide, shariah is a reference point for a Muslim’s personal conduct, not a corpus to be imposed on the life of a pluralistic society.

By contrast, the other side of the divide is dominated by Muslim supremacists, often called Islamists. Like erstwhile proponents of Communism and Nazism, these supremacists – some terrorists, others employing stealthier means – seek to impose a totalitarian regime: a global totalitarian system cloaked as an Islamic state and called a caliphate. On that side of the divide, which is the focus of the present study, shariah is an immutable, compulsory system that Muslims are obliged to install and the world required to adopt, the failure to do so being deemed a damnable offence against Allah. For these ideologues, shariah is not a private matter. Adherents see the West as an obstacle to be overcome, not a culture and civilization to be embraced, or at least tolerated. It is impossible, they maintain, for alternative legal systems and forms of governments peacefully to coexist with the end-state they seek.
                    Last edited by GCoyote; 15 Sep 10, 21:55.

Comment

Hopefully board moderaters won't see this as 'spamming', rather archiving for future reference...
                      From the report...

Truth – as supported by facts, history and logic – has been vanquished by “politically correct” efforts to impose on this country and its institutions an understanding of Islam that hides the centrality of shariah, jihad, and Islamic supremacism, even though these are defining imperatives that pose an existential threat to Western-style liberty.
                      IOW, contrary to what the libtards want us to believe...it ain't just a handful (small minority) of muslims that we need to worry about...and Islam is NOT a religion of peace.
                      Later - Tater
                      "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

• Political Correctness’ as Dhimmitude
                        Certain similarities between dhimmi life under Islam and “politically correct” life in a multicultural world are striking. We have long lived in such a self-censoring society, stunted by a kind of fear that political incorrectness would result in opprobrium, ostracism or professional failure. Traditionally (because multiculturalism, as noted above, has been with us long enough to be characterized as a tradition), this has had nothing to do with Islam or the dhimmi. But this now-well-established practice does help explain the seamless compatibility between dhimmitude and the multicultural mindset that flourishes in our post-modernist world.
                        WOW! This team has hit the nail square on the head!

The West, through the "political correctness" of multiculturalim, is just a sitting duck for dhimmi status.
                        Last edited by Tater; 17 Sep 10, 10:47.
                        Later - Tater

Comment

Hopefully board moderaters won't see this as 'spamming', rather archiving for future reference;

Shariah: The Threat to America
                          http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/p18523.xml

[Not spam - but definitely a copyright issue. Posted edited. ACG Staff]

Shariah is the crucial fault line of Islam’s internecine struggle. On one side of the divide are Muslim reformers and authentic moderates – figures like Abdurrahman Wahid, the late president of Indonesia and leader of the world’s largest libertarian Muslim organization, Nahdlatul Ulama – whose members embrace the Enlightenment’s veneration of reason and, in particular, its separation of the spiritual and secular realms. On this side of the divide, shariah is a reference point for a Muslim’s personal conduct, not a corpus to be imposed on the life of a pluralistic society.

By contrast, the other side of the divide is dominated by Muslim supremacists, often called Islamists. Like erstwhile proponents of Communism and Nazism, these supremacists – some terrorists, others employing stealthier means – seek to impose a totalitarian regime: a global totalitarian system cloaked as an Islamic state and called a caliphate. On that side of the divide, which is the focus of the present study, shariah is an immutable, compulsory system that Muslims are obliged to install and the world required to adopt, the failure to do so being deemed a damnable offence against Allah. For these ideologues, shariah is not a private matter. Adherents see the West as an obstacle to be overcome, not a culture and civilization to be embraced, or at least tolerated. It is impossible, they maintain, for alternative legal systems and forms of governments peacefully to coexist with the end-state they seek.
                          The Center for Security Policy is a NeoCon think tank, doubtfull if it can produce a single unprejudiced statement on Islam since in their mind it has replaced Communism as the Enemy, as one has to have enemies to fight to keep the Weapon factories at work.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...ecurity_Policy

kelt

Comment

• Originally posted by kelt06 View Post
                            The Center for Security Policy is a NeoCon think tank, doubtfull if it can produce a single unprejudiced statement on Islam since in their mind it has replaced Communism as the Enemy, as one has to have enemies to fight to keep the Weapon factories at work.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...ecurity_Policy
                            And who is watching the watchers...

SourceWatch (formerly Disinfopedia) is an internet site that is a collaborative project of the liberal Center for Media and Democracy (CMD).
                            The CMD itself is a rabid left wing outfit. Here is the most important clue...any group that uses the term "social justice" in any way, shape or form is a leftist/communist group...count on it.
                            Later - Tater

Comment

Personally, I suspect that Obama is the "third anti-christ" as prophecized by Nostrodamus.
                              The False Prophet from Revelation and Cunning Prince from Daniel is more fitting INMHO:

By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind he shall become great. Without warning he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken—but by no human hand.
                              His rise to power was most cunning and he pose as man of peace... for now.

Daniel 8:25

He will be succeeded by a contemptible person who has not been given the honor of royalty.
                              Obama is no king but merely the president, first citisen - Prince of USA.

36“The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. 37He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses;
                              All know his boundless Ego and his standing for Islam the religion based on sword and military might - fortress.

this is from Daniel 11.

And on the end note when will all those happen?

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
                              2 Thessalonians 2:3

French and Russian revolutions comes to mind when the Human Reason was deified. The St. Paul warns us agaisnt deceit too; Hope and Change ring a bell.
                              Kosovo is Serbian.
                              I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
                              Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

• More from the Religion of "Peace and Love";
                                Iraq official: 52 dead after Catholic church siege
                                Militants armed with grenades took about 120 Christians hostage
                                http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39945190...ideastn_africa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X