Other wars around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other wars around the world

I was reading about Vladimir Putin threatening European war if Kosovo was granted it's independence and then noticed that there is no forum to discuss other issues/wars such as these. I'm just curious what the staff and regulars think.
    Last edited by macgregr; 27 Jul 07, 10:10.

Wars and Warfare is the section for other wars...

It might not be a bad idea to have a section devoted to current and/or recent security issues.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      Wars and Warfare is the section for other wars...
      It might not be a bad idea to have a section devoted to current and/or recent security issues.
      Oh, well that works. Thanks Doc. Perhaps another section would be good. I never gave 'wars and warfare' a second thought. I thought it had more to do with historical tactics and strategy.

Comment

Now that the conflict in Lebanon is over, maybe we can expand the Arab-Israeli war section to include other current conflicts?

Comment

It's never over . . .

Originally posted by Desert King View Post
          Now that the conflict in Lebanon is over, maybe we can expand the Arab-Israeli war section to include other current conflicts?
          It's just another cease-fire. They just take periodic breaks to have elections, coups, and civil wars between Arab-Israeli 'main events'. The first international conflict I took an interest in while it was still 'news' was the `67 war.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            It's just another cease-fire. They just take periodic breaks to have elections, coups, and civil wars between Arab-Israeli 'main events'. The first international conflict I took an interest in while it was still 'news' was the `67 war.
            True. But postings in this topic have slowed since the ceasefire took hold. Compared to the GWII and Terrorism topics, its relatively small. Hence my suggestion that we could fit in other current conflicts into this thread

Comment

Hard to get much info though . . .

Most of them are off-and on affairs like Somalia. By the time the media gets there the important actions are over.

Sri Lanka was busy earlier this year but there isn't much available in English.

The next place that might be interesting from a military viewpoint is Ethiopia - Eritrea. But they've been threating each other for a couple of years now over the boundary commission ruling and no end of the insults and rhetoric in sight.
              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X