Pakistan's Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan's Nukes

I spotted a good article by a freelance journalist about the links between Pakistan and Al Queda thats worth a look. Not sure how much credence to give to some of the claims, but the broader issues are very real.

http://www.inthenationalinterest.com...e17Kupfer.html

There is a definite link between Islamic terrorist groups and sympathisers in Pakistan, I don't know if Musharraf can do much about it though without making himself a target.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
      There is a definite link between Islamic terrorist groups and sympathisers in Pakistan, I don't know if Musharraf can do much about it though without making himself a target.
      He's already a target, though I don't know if Musharraf can do much about it period. Those Pashtuns along the Afghani border tend to be sympathetic to Al Qaeda and the Taliban and the last time the Pakistanis sent their army in there they got a bloody nose.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

I agree with MikeJ. In fact, the terrorists in the Berg video said they wanted Musharraf more than the Americans, calling him a trader, which might say alot about the commitment of Pakistan to the effort against terrorism.
        "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
          Berlin.1945
          by casanova
          The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
          Yesterday, 23:41
        • casanova
          AW 169M
          by casanova
          The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
          Yesterday, 23:26
        • JBark
          What changed?
          by JBark
          There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
          Yesterday, 18:54
        Working...
        X