Video shows US hostage beheaded in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video shows US hostage beheaded in Iraq

The terorists have struck again and reminded all of us of just what kind of people they are. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

They claim the murder was in retaliation for the abuse of prisoners in Iraq. If that is true, it is about as retarded of an ideal as abusing detainees. If anything, this kind of behavior attributes to the dehumanization required to carry out some of the acts depicted in photos.

This is why I am so outraged at the conduct of the soldiers at the Iraqi prison. All we have to seperate ourselves from these terrorists is the value and respect we assign to life. They compromised that.

The right move now is to re-double our efforts to distinguish America from *ssholes like those in the video executing this young man. That is done by proving we will treat even our worst enemy with more dignity than they could ever have.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

DP said it all, I agree with him 100%.

Comment

I generally agree with DP on this one. America needs to set the example in the world and the treatment of those prisoners is not the example we should be setting.

However, unless and until all Islamic "leaders" condemn such acts against civilians (this guy went to Iraq to help rebuild, he was not a soldier and from what I read he went there without guaranteed work), the Islamic religion and the Middle East as a whole will be condemned to the pitiful existence it currently has.

How these "leaders" can rail against the U.S. treatment of terrorists in prison and not speak out against these types of activities is disgraceful.

This just pisses me off, so I'm going to stop now. But as far as I'm concerned we should start killing the Mullahs and religious leaders until we find ones that aren't such pieces of ****.

Brian

Comment

It is the same horrific murder as the one of David Pearl.

Same fanatics,
          Few words to say.
          If God exist may he receive this poor guy in paradise.

In all case may CIA and NSA capture those guys and put them jail all they life long, with the image of this murder.

Der WanderHatred
          The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
          JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
          The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
            It is the same horrific murder as the one of David Pearl.

Same fanatics,
            Few words to say.
            If God exist may he receive this poor guy in paradise.

In all case may CIA and NSA capture those guys and put them jail all they life long, with the image of this murder.

Der WanderHatred
            I couldn't agree with you more jlbetin. BTW, good luck with your job search.

Brian

Comment

Troops in Iraq should be intructed to kill the Arabs until their last breath and bite them with their teeth and scratch them with their bare fingers if needed but not surrender.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

It is indeed sickening. Back to the Middle Ages.

But I agree with all of you: the US must lead by the example, and show that it won't lower itself to such degrading standards. So the process of repairing the injustice made to the Iraqi prisoners must continue nonetheless.

Scully is right in saying this won't change the attitude of the Arab world at all, but it has a large impact on the attitude of the rest of the planet towards maintaining or restoring America's credibility and status.

Comment

never mind, I lost it for a second.
                  Last edited by MonsterZero; 11 May 04, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Scully
                    However, unless and until all Islamic "leaders" condemn such acts against civilians (this guy went to Iraq to help rebuild, he was not a soldier and from what I read he went there without guaranteed work), the Islamic religion and the Middle East as a whole will be condemned to the pitiful existence it currently has.
                    You really expect the Muslim world to condemn the killing of the hostage? How come, he's an American. They're outraged only when their people suffer; how can you expect that from people who celebrated people falling out the windows on 9/11? There were so many congratulatory Muslim cell phone calls in the US (authorities intercepted some) that the FBI arrested like 1,500 thiniking they were all terrorists reviewing & celebrating the WTC attack. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, isn't it? For every one that gets caught there must be hundreds who didn't.
                    Last edited by MonsterZero; 11 May 04, 20:11.

Comment

The longer it goes on, the harder it will be for all of us to keep our perspective. That's the truly dangerous part. We must not become inflexible in our thinking, yet we cannot allow the daily situation reports to alter our underlying goals. The situation is troublesome, yet real progress is being made in some areas. As disturbing as the abuse situation is and this apparent retaliation, we still must strive to keep a broader perspective. We always knew this would be difficult. It may yet get an order of magnitude more difficult yet, so we must stick with it. Even John Kerry is now saying that.
                      Editor-in-Chief
                      GameSquad.com

Comment

Those savage murderers are criminals. America really has a very difficult job to do ---- bring justice to the guilty and protect the innocent at the same time. I seriously think the US need the help from Arab world to win against the terrorism.
                        Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ER_Chaser
                          Those savage murderers are criminals. America really has a very difficult job to do ---- bring justice to the guilty and protect the innocent at the same time. I seriously think the US need the help from Arab world to win against the terrorism.
                          Those savage murderers are heroes of the Muslim world...with few tiny exceptions...and maybe except the Islamic minorities in USA and Europe but those are hardly representative considering their numbers. "The Magnificent Dozen" (or was it 15 of them?). That's what the 9/11 hijackers are called in the Arab world, maybe except when you have an audience with kind Fahd who "condemns terrorism" and you and leave feeling great because of the Muslim support and understanding.
                          Last edited by MonsterZero; 11 May 04, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Scully

How these "leaders" can rail against the U.S. treatment of terrorists in prison and not speak out against these types of activities is disgraceful.

This just pisses me off, so I'm going to stop now. But as far as I'm concerned we should start killing the Mullahs and religious leaders until we find ones that aren't such pieces of ****.

Brian
                            This is a good point, and is synch with the findings of several reports I've read concerning Arab-Western relations. The appearance of support and even encouragement for some of the barbaric and inhuman acts committed by terrorists or militia(whatever you want to call them) is counter-productive. The killing seems to suggest Iraq is not capable of governing itself. It also provides Bush with justification to prolong occupation, which is the objective of the militants. On a broader scale, these acts feeds policies, which either oppresses Arabs (such as US support for Israeli occupation, depending on how one sees that situation), or maintains a negative degree of detachment (such as the "Gas Attendant Doctrine").

Fortunately, we Americans are better than the terrorists. Imagine what Najaf would like if it Americans beheading an Arab man on video with the terrorists possessing the kind of firepower we have. Najaf would be toast, probably along with Fallujah. I hope our restraint and high regard for life (I admit can be questioned at times) bears more fruit than pain.
                            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                              Those savage murderers are heroes of the Muslim world...with few tiny exceptions...and maybe except the Islamic minorities in USA and Europe but those are hardly representative considering their numbers. "The Magnificent Dozen" (or was it 15 of them?). That's what the 9/11 hijackers are called in the Arab world, maybe except when you have an audience with kind Fahd who "condemns terrorism" and you and leave feeling great because of the Muslim support and understanding.
                              I know what you mean, MZ.

But that is exactly what I want to say. You cannot take the entire arab world as the habor of terrorism and fight against all of them. That way, you won't win. Yep, if you just wanna go emotional and "feel right", you can yell at the other end of the earth, that "you all suck!". But that does not help. Instead, it will probably make things worse. You have to split them here. You have to make the majority of the Arabs notice that those terrorists are damaging their interests and terrorism is their enemy. Otherwise, I do not see any other option than "nuke them all" ...
                              Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X