No announcement yet.

Who Wants to Be The Next Hamas Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants to Be The Next Hamas Leader?

The position has been vacated, you can apply if you have the experience.

A little bit off topic but have you heard the joke about Yasser Arafat and the Golden Fish?

Yasser Arafat catches this Golden Fish who is actually a powerful sorcerer and the fish says: "if you release me I shall grant you one wish. Anything your heart desires". Arafat thinks with effort and finally says: "I want to be an Arch Duke. A real one." The fish replies: "It is done, you are an Arch Duke. Now release me and head for the airport. Your flight to Sarajevo departs in one hour and you don't wanna miss it."

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Good for Israel!
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

While I could care less about Rantisi's death, the attack itself was very counterproductive. Bush did some serious lobbying to convince skeptical allies to at least consider Sharon's new peace proposal. This attack seems to suggest Israel is lying about its commitment to long-term peace, and places the US is difficult diplomatic spot. If the United States moves away from Sharon's plan, it might encourage Palestinian terrorism. However, continuing to prop Sharon up as a man seeking peace is laughable at best, if not morally criminal and stupid.
      Our credibility, which is already shot to *hit, is further degraded as well.

I believe Israel should have a right to defend herself. However, America should not support attacks on either side that obstructs our stated endstate which sees Palestinians and Israelis living in peace. I don't believe the killing of Rantisi will seriously degrade Hamas' ability to launch attacks or bring Palestinians to the negotiating table. America should reduce, if not withdraw any foriegn assistance to Israel that can be used to launch attacks that conflict with American foriegn policy as stated earlier.

Israel has gone from oppressed to oppressor. America needs to realize that. Sharon is not a man of peace. If Isreal were doing all it could to live peacefully with Palestinians, yet are still victimized, the situation would be different. The world would need to provide Israel with the assistance required to neutralize the threat. This situation does not exists though, at least at the moment.

In the same respect, the international community should unite and apply enough pressure to hault assistance to Palestinian terrorists. I don't see Hamas as freedom fighters, and I in no way seek to justify and mitigate the injustice of their campaign of terror.

We need to focus on achieving peace. Not Israel's peace. Not the Palestinian's peace. Just peace.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
        Good for Israel!
        How?
        By making Israel a safer place?
        By increasing the international support for Israel?
        By making GWB look like an arse?

-I can´t agree with you cheetah. By killing rantisi only days after the US supported israels right to occupy some of the west bank. It will be perceived by the arab world as a defacto accept of the assasination.
        This is just another example that shows Sharon definately isnt the Israeli PM that will secure a lasting peace for his people.
        IMO the same can be said about Arafat.
        I see why kyoto was unacceptable
        http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
        http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

Rue the day for Israel if Daddy Warbucks ever decides to withdraw support.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Djarnis
            -I can´t agree with you cheetah. By killing rantisi only days after the US supported israels right to occupy some of the west bank. It will be perceived by the arab world as a defacto accept of the assasination.
            You're right but you have to be here to understand this country is no longer afraid of the Arab world. It does not matter to Americans if the Arabs are happy with the United States or disappointed over the Palestine crisis. The policy of appeasement has been abandoned as ineffective and the only policy that remains is that of confrontation or them backing off. The policy of appeasement culminated in Palestinians cheering in the streets when the towers went down. The change in the American attitude has been profound and maybe you don't understand it because European media don't explain it well. This country couldn't care less if the Palestinians are cheated out of the air they breathe.

They went on a murder rampage, killed 900 innocent people and now they're screwed because the Israeli security measures (the giant "Berlin Wall" is most important) have choked their intifada to death. Now they will shed tears over their unfair treatment.

Screw them.

They will miss Clinton America, oh yes they will.
            Last edited by MonsterZero; 18 Apr 04, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
              The policy of appeasement culminated in Palestinians cheering in the streets when the towers went down.
              Wasn't it proven that film footage of the cheering Palestinians was actually unrelated to the Twin Towers?

Just wondering.
              Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Djarnis
                How?
                By making Israel a safer place?
                By increasing the international support for Israel?
                By making GWB look like an arse?
                Let me ask you this question, just what is the difference between this man Israeli killed and America hunting down Omasa bin Laden?

Both men are terrorists. Both men are the leaders of terrorist organizations. Both harbor political goals. Both hate Israel and America. Both want the Western powers out of Middle East. Both men have fanatical religious motivations. Both men condone the suicide-bombing tactics. Both men are willing to go to any lengths to accomplish their goals. Both men are evil. Both men are murderers.

By your analogy, the hunt of OBL isn't going to make America a lot safer, and will just as likely anger some countries who have other ideas of how to resolve terrorism issues.

I'm sorry, but the world is truly hypocritical when condemning Israel for what she did to Rantisi.

So? Bush was never really on Arafat's side. He has always been pro-Israel. Unfortunately, the politics got into way, so he has to watch out for Palestinians as well.

I think it's time for America to drop the pretense of being a mediator and just totally side with Israel on everything.

This is just another example that shows Sharon definately isnt the Israeli PM that will secure a lasting peace for his people.

IMO the same can be said about Arafat.
                Apparently, the Israelis disagree with you. But in any case, even the next new Israeli Prime Minister may go down the path Sharon laid out, though with less aggression and better diplomatic options.

Dan
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
                  Wasn't it proven that film footage of the cheering Palestinians was actually unrelated to the Twin Towers?

Just wondering.
                  i think you have a good point siberian heat
                  i remember seeing something telling that this film was a fake one, and i can't imagine normal people cheering about such an event, if the usa had shown a film of the effect of the atomic bomb on the japanese city straight away after they did bomb it, i don't think any usa citizen would have cheered about this, civilian target is really bad, and when civilians are targeted i think no one are happy of this ( USA or arabs or whatever) may be some extremist are able to cheer about this but not the whole population like it was shown in this film about palestinian.
                  This is one more example for me that prooves how media can be shitt** sometimes.
                  looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                    Let me ask you this question, just what is the difference between this man Israeli killed and America hunting down Omasa bin Laden?

Both men are terrorists. Both men are the leaders of terrorist organizations. Both harbor political goals. Both hate Israel and America. Both want the Western powers out of Middle East. Both men have fanatical religious motivations. Both men condone the suicide-bombing tactics. Both men are willing to go to any lengths to accomplish their goals. Both men are evil. Both men are murderers.

By your analogy, the hunt of OBL isn't going to make America a lot safer, and will just as likely anger some countries who have other ideas of how to resolve terrorism issues.

I'm sorry, but the world is truly hypocritical when condemning Israel for what she did to Rantisi.

Dan
                    Hunting Osama Ben Laden is legal, as the UN gave to the US the right to do what they want to fight and destroy Al Qaeda, if I remember well what was said just after 9/11.
                    It is the contrary with the Palestinian leaders, the Israelis have no right to kill them, it is assassination regarding to the international law, it is not self defense.

LaPalice.
                    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                    Mort devant Pavie.
                    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                    Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Guys, there's a reasonable chance the conflict between the West and the Islamic orient will result in destruction of the world. If you study the Judeo-Christian apocalypse stories you will see many pieces of the puzzle are in place and more are presenting themselves.

Comment

Israel was within her rights to strike at the leader of Hamas. It makes perfect sense in a War to strike at your enemy's leader.

However Hamas would be within its rights to kill Sharon. Why?

Because:
                        'It makes perfect sense in a War to strike at your enemy's leader.'

'
                        http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
                          Israel was within her rights to strike at the leader of Hamas. It makes perfect sense in a War to strike at your enemy's leader.

However Hamas would be within its rights to kill Sharon. Why?

Because:
                          'It makes perfect sense in a War to strike at your enemy's leader.'

'
                          Is the Palestinian conflict a war ? It is not a civil war, it is not a war between two states, so what kind of war ?

LaPalice.
                          Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                          Mort devant Pavie.
                          Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                          Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT

Just wondering.
                            I saw Muslims in England cheering it first hand, so I doubt that it was faked. The whole scene disgusted me - If ever there was a reason to make someone a racist that was it.
                            "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

Comment

Israel is a powder keg and has always been. The whole middle east is a mess. Whether it is because of Israel and the American support of Israel, or because of the Arab states being incapable of anything else than hatred, or something else, well...

The situation has always been very unstable since the creation of Israel. Two obvious extremes exist:

1. If the US increases its support for Israel, perhaps this perpetual deadlock will be broken - I cannot foresee the effects, but it seems that the terrorists will have problems, still it doesn't solve Israel's basic problems with the Arabs. This path seems to be where Bush intends to go.

2. The other extreme, US abandoning its support for Israel, and indeed the west getting out of the middle east totally, well that extreme would also produce results that are difficult to predict. That road has never been tried. It would be up to the Israelis alone to work out a way to live with its neighbours in peace or war.

It is not inconceivable that the middle east will explode and take the west and the world to a Armageddon. I suppose the real question in all this is: Should the west police the middle east or leave it to itself? I think that the situation would profit if the US was clear about the reasons for the its support for Israel.
                              "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
                              "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X