Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al-Quaeda's Al-Zawahiri: "You Guys Having Fun?"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al-Quaeda's Al-Zawahiri: "You Guys Having Fun?"

    Al-Zawahiri not only isn't surrounded in Wana with "no way out" but he's in a totally different place poking his nose on us. He just submitted an audio tape to Al-Jazeera.

    This confirms my worries that while common Pakistani anti-terror troops are fine men and do their best, their top leadership is a bunch of fools.

    "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

  • #2
    the paki's have lost like 50men until now fighting what appeared to be an uzbek mullah problem, the tunnel he probably escaped.
    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is anybody else getting the mental image of Elmer Fudd, sticking his shotgun down a rabbit hole and shouting "Huhuhuh...come outta there you wascally wabbit, I got you twapped now!"
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JAMiAM
        Is anybody else getting the mental image of Elmer Fudd, sticking his shotgun down a rabbit hole and shouting "Huhuhuh...come outta there you wascally wabbit, I got you twapped now!"

        heheh lol.....
        French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello,

          Or maybe it is just like Roadrunner and Coyote trying to catch him? Looks like Pakistanis and Al-Qaeda have been going in circles...

          Somehow, I feel Pakistan is very reluctant to support the War on Terrorism simply because Afghanistan was once her dominion, after all, building up Taliban was the work of Pakistan.

          Dan
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

          "Aim small, miss small."

          Comment


          • #6
            Here is the image I get:
            Bush phones Musharef: "Hand over that nuclear scientist who has been selling nuclear material so we can question him"
            Musharef: "Well, I, uh, er, have some intelligence, yeah that's the ticket, that there are top Al Qaeda leaders in the border regions, including Al Zawahiri and even Bin Laden himself. How about if I allow stepped up American operations and I'll step up the operations of my keystone cops... er, army units and we'll bag these guys. In exchange you'll look the other way while I pardon our national hero thus saving my ass politically at home."
            Bush: "Sounds great! We'll bag some Al Qaeda before election time. Thanks a lot, because we haven't got a clue where they are."
            ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
            -the Firesign Theatre

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tiberius
              Here is the image I get:
              Bush phones Musharef: "Hand over that nuclear scientist who has been selling nuclear material so we can question him"
              Musharef: "Well, I, uh, er, have some intelligence, yeah that's the ticket, that there are top Al Qaeda leaders in the border regions, including Al Zawahiri and even Bin Laden himself. How about if I allow stepped up American operations and I'll step up the operations of my keystone cops... er, army units and we'll bag these guys. In exchange you'll look the other way while I pardon our national hero thus saving my ass politically at home."
              Bush: "Sounds great! We'll bag some Al Qaeda before election time. Thanks a lot, because we haven't got a clue where they are."
              Here's my favorite call by Pres.Bush:
              http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2004/030304.asp

              "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

              Comment


              • #8
                Musharraf has to deal with a great portion of the intelligenstia, the secret services, the power which are pro-Islamists. He must swim between them and the American demands. The situation could become very dangerous if an attack kills him. And Al Zawahiri said in his lastest tape that Musharraf is the next target...

                LaPalice.
                Last edited by LaPalice; 26 Mar 04, 05:33.
                Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                Mort devant Pavie.
                Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                Il était encore en vie...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LaPalice
                  Musharraf has to deal with a great portion of the intelligenstia, the secret services, the power which are pro-Islamists. He must swim between them and the American demands. The situation could become very dangerous if an attack kills him. And Al Zawahiri said in his lastest tape that Musharraf is the next target...

                  LaPalice.
                  I completely sympathize with Mushareff's plight. I only regret that his patsy is my president.
                  ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
                  -the Firesign Theatre

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I find an interesting article in French about the fact that the Pakistanis troops would have surrounded a important leader of Al Qaeda some days ago, maybe Al Zawahiri. In fact it was only some Chechen rebels.
                    A agent belonging to an occidental secret agency would have declared to the AFP (the French AP) that the Pakistanis authorities had announced that they were going to conduct anti-terrorist operations long weeks before the start of this operations, the time to let the Al Qaeda members to flee the area. They would be now in Afghanistan.
                    It is an interesting information, it would show the duplicity of the Islamabad regime : at the same time they do what the Americans ask, they attack the terrorists, but at the same time they “warn” the terrorists.

                    LaPalice.
                    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                    Mort devant Pavie.
                    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                    Il était encore en vie...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LaPalice
                      I find an interesting article in French about the fact that the Pakistanis troops would have surrounded a important leader of Al Qaeda some days ago, maybe Al Zawahiri. In fact it was only some Chechen rebels.
                      A agent belonging to an occidental secret agency would have declared to the AFP (the French AP) that the Pakistanis authorities had announced that they were going to conduct anti-terrorist operations long weeks before the start of this operations, the time to let the Al Qaeda members to flee the area. They would be now in Afghanistan.
                      It is an interesting information, it would show the duplicity of the Islamabad regime : at the same time they do what the Americans ask, they attack the terrorists, but at the same time they “warn” the terrorists.

                      LaPalice.
                      Another reason for for the "warnings" is to cause Al-Qaeda to come out of hiding. They generate more intelligence noise when moving. If we're going to take down Bin Laden, our best hope is to intercept on the move. He likely decreases his immediate security team to maybe three or four. A much larger perimeter force is nearby, but there is a good chance of splitting the two, and taking down Bin Laden before he can be reinforced.

                      However, it is clear Pakistan is trying to exist in the middle. The Clinton Administration claims one of the main reasons they did not go after Bin Laden was because the Pakistanis could not be convinced to support the effort. This resistance did not evaporate when Bush called them after 9/11. I'm certain agents inside of the Pakistani government is providing Al-Qaeda and the Taliban with information.
                      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Deltapooh
                        Another reason for for the "warnings" is to cause Al-Qaeda to come out of hiding. They generate more intelligence noise when moving. If we're going to take down Bin Laden, our best hope is to intercept on the move. He likely decreases his immediate security team to maybe three or four. A much larger perimeter force is nearby, but there is a good chance of splitting the two, and taking down Bin Laden before he can be reinforced.

                        However, it is clear Pakistan is trying to exist in the middle. The Clinton Administration claims one of the main reasons they did not go after Bin Laden was because the Pakistanis could not be convinced to support the effort. This resistance did not evaporate when Bush called them after 9/11. I'm certain agents inside of the Pakistani government is providing Al-Qaeda and the Taliban with information.
                        Gee with that information i wonder why the US hasnt captured them already. Have you informed any intelligence agencies about this Delta?
                        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Temujin
                          Gee with that information i wonder why the US hasnt captured them already. Have you informed any intelligence agencies about this Delta?
                          It is kind of like the Marko A. Barrera vs. Manny Pacquiao fight. Barrera knew what Pacquiao intended to do and how. He just couldn't do much about it. I think the US is aware of Al-Qaeda's tactics. They simply are not able to neutralize them effectively. Attacking these high priority security details can often depend more on the point of the attack than anything else. I feel alot of these "close calls" where heavy fighting ensues are the result of attacking perimeter force first. It takes time to establish a perimeter, even under the best circumstances. The enemy likely already has routes of escape designated, and will move the primary toward it as soon as contact is made.

                          Of course, attacking the immediate security force exposes the friendly force to serious attack from all directions. This is one reason why I think any successful capture of Bin Laden or death by SOF ground teams will incur heavy casaulties. We'll need to land right smack in the middle of the detail, where the fight is more in their favor.

                          Of course I can be wrong. I supported the US Special Operations Command assessment that capturing Saddam would result in about 50 KIA and as many as 150 WIA. That was wrong.
                          "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X