Gunmen take hostages in Bangladeshi capital Dhaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmen take hostages in Bangladeshi capital Dhaka

Gunmen have stormed a popular cafe in the diplomatic area of the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, taking a number of hostages, officials say.

Several foreigners are among those being held by eight or nine men in the city's Gulshan district, they add.

A police officer has been killed and at least five others injured in a gun battle, a spokesman said.

Police and security forces have sealed off the area and are trying to negotiate the hostages' release.
    BBC - Full Article

Attackers take hostages at Bangladesh restaurant

DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — A group of as many as nine gunmen attacked a restaurant popular with foreigners in a diplomatic zone of the Bangladeshi capital on Friday night, taking hostages and exchanging gunfire with security forces, authorities said.

The head of the elite anti-crime force, Rapid Action Battalion, or RAB, told reporters Friday night that they were working to save the lives of the people trapped inside the Holey Artisan Bakery. Some foreigners are believed to be among the hostages.

"Some derailed youths have entered the restaurant and launched the attack," Benazir Ahmed said. "We have talked to some of the people who fled the restaurant after the attack. We want to resolve this peacefully. We are trying to talk to the attackers, we want to listen to them about what they want."

A huge contingent of security guards cordoned off the area around the restaurant, trading gunfire with the attackers who set off bombs and exchanged gunfire with the security forces.
    AP - Full Article

Meh, nothing to see folks. Just a nuisance. It's all about mathematics.

sorry Derek.....
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Ah the religion of peace strikes again I see...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
        Meh, nothing to see folks. Just a nuisance. It's all about mathematics.

sorry Derek.....
        Hey, the less people flying or going to cafes, the better for me. I hate lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          Hey, the less people flying or going to cafes, the better for me. I hate lines.
          Me too.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X