No announcement yet.

Words fail me, how low can people get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words fail me, how low can people get?

This has to be the lowest level in human behavior a society has ever stooped to;

Indian girls aged two and five ‘gang-raped’ in New Delhi.

Two Indian girls aged two-and-a-half and five years old were raped in separate incidents in New Delhi overnight, with at least one confirmed as a gang rape, police said Saturday.

The younger child was abducted late Friday by two men from a religious event in west Delhi’s Nangloi area and sexually assaulted before being dumped in a park near her home, police and relatives said.

Pushpendra Kumar, west Delhi police chief, said they found the younger child bleeding profusely several hours after she went missing and that tests showed she had been raped at least once.

“We have launched a manhunt for the suspects. So far no one has been arrested,” Kumar told AFP of the toddler’s case.

In a separate incident, a five-year-old girl was gang-raped by three men in New Delhi’s eastern Anand Vihar area on Friday night after being lured to a neighbor’s house, police said.

“Her clothes were partially torn with blood spots all over them. Some locals saw her and she told them she was sexually assaulted,” an officer from Anand Vihar police station told AFP on condition of anonymity.

“Some of the locals then barged into the house and caught them (the alleged perpetrators) before handing them over to us,” the officer said. Tests later confirmed she had been subjected to multiple assaults, he said.

Both girls are undergoing medical treatment but are believed to be out of danger, police said.

“When will Delhi wake up? Till when will girls continue to be brutalized in Indian capital. Gangrape of 2.5 year n 5 year old. Shameful,” Delhi Commission for Women chairwomen Swati Maliwal tweeted Saturday.

The incidents come one week after a four-year-old girl was allegedly raped and slashed with a blade before being abandoned by a railway track in the capital.

Police arrested a 25-year-old man over that attack, in which the young girl suffered severe internal injuries and had apparently been slashed with a sharp object.

The attacks add to a grim catalogue of sexual assaults in India, many of which have sparked domestic and international outrage.

The fatal gang rape of a young student on a bus in Delhi in 2012 led to an outpouring of anger over frightening levels of violence against women.

India recorded 36,735 rape cases in 2014, with 2,096 of them in Delhi.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...ew-Delhi-.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it ?
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
      Makes you wonder, doesn't it ?
      It sure does!
      The world has completely gone nuts.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Well words obviously didn't fail you - it happens in Southern Africa to girls even younger as some men believe it is a cure for their venereal disease!
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I don't think you can have an intelligent conversation on this subject because the statistics are not reliable.

For the sake of argument however lets just say 1 percent of every countries population is psychopathic. That means there are 12 million psychopaths in India. Combine that with traditions that are not very progressive when it comes to woman and childern and rape is likely to be a hugely under reported problem.

"India has been characterised as one of the "countries with the lowest per capita rates of rape". The National Crime Records Bureau of India suggests a reported rape rate of 2 per 100,000 people, much lower than reported rape incidence rate statistics for many nations tracked by the United Nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#India

The real answer is who knows how big a problem rape is anywhere. After all we all live in "rape cultures". On the other hand I feel I have been raped by feminist idiocy more times than I can count.

My experience is that men everywhere are pretty descent creatures. They take care of their family and treat woman as well as they can within their cultural paradigm. There is plenty of room of course for progress everywhere in the world but cultures are slow to change.

Nobody is going to like it but if we approach this issue the way we did prohibition or the war on drugs it is going to be a disaster. We are not going to be able to detect, arrest and lock up every pervert. If we try to we will probably lock up the wrong people anyway. What we can do however is teach that the "patriarchy" is not the cause of rape.

Weak ineffectual men that look the other way contribute more to the "rape culture" than any other factor I can think of. Where rape is going to be most prevalent is in cultures where men and women do not try and live mutually dependent lives. Undermining innocent until proven guilty creates nothing but another class of victims
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            I don't think you can have an intelligent conversation on this subject because the statistics are not reliable.

For the sake of argument however lets just say 1 percent of every countries population is psychopathic. That means there are 12 million psychopaths in India. Combine that with traditions that are not very progressive when it comes to woman and childern and rape is likely to be a hugely under reported problem.

"India has been characterised as one of the "countries with the lowest per capita rates of rape". The National Crime Records Bureau of India suggests a reported rape rate of 2 per 100,000 people, much lower than reported rape incidence rate statistics for many nations tracked by the United Nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#India
            The reason why reported figures are low is because the police do not encourage reporting and furthermore the woman is usually stigmatised (or worse) by local society. NCRB figures are so much garbage.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              The reason why reported figures are low is because the police do not encourage reporting and furthermore the woman is usually stigmatised (or worse) by local society. NCRB figures are so much garbage.
              There are to many stories like this from around the world, but more in India, the Middle East and Africa. The gene pool needs a good purging.

Comment

The good news is that people are waking up. Three men were engaged in the rape but other men noticed, said " no you don't" and stopped them. Public outrage is a good sign that most people are on the right track. It's just a matter of making that evil minority an even smaller minority and hopefully at some point we get an extinction event.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  There are to many stories like this from around the world, but more in India, the Middle East and Africa. The gene pool needs a good purging.
                  I would say the family needs realignment. Boys learn how to treat women and girls from watching their father. Purging misogyny and creating a family ethic where spouses treasure each other is the necessary learning tool for making boys into functional men. Fortunately there is a concentrated effort to do that. If a youngster grows up with a bad example but is surrounded by good examples he still might be steered in the right direction through peer pressure and eventually the evil can be withered out.

Unfortunately, it takes time.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                    I would say the family needs realignment. Boys learn how to treat women and girls from watching their father. Purging misogyny and creating a family ethic where spouses treasure each other is the necessary learning tool for making boys into functional men. Fortunately there is a concentrated effort to do that. If a youngster grows up with a bad example but is surrounded by good examples he still might be steered in the right direction through peer pressure and eventually the evil can be withered out.

Unfortunately, it takes time.
                    Absolutely!

In the long run social censure is more effective than meeting evil with force. Evil hides in the shadows and wither in the light.

One of the most amazing ironies of human life is that people have to be trained to be happy. You would think we were all as stupid as dogs. One thing I hate is an unhappy dog but I have learned how with just the right amount of love and discipline to improve the quality of a dogs life. Happiness can and should be taught and humans being human one of the most neglected areas of education is how to build a happy family.

Oh did I mention I hate feminists
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Absolutely!

In the long run social censure is more effective than meeting evil with force. Evil hides in the shadows and wither in the light.
                      The problem is that social censure isn't accepted anymore. You can't condemn someone's behavior because everybody is a special little snowflake and every lifestyle, belief system and mental illness has to be accepted or else you're a bigot. I mean we live in a world where mentally I'll people can pay to have themselves physically mutilated and be called a hero for it rather than trying to get them the help they need to get past their illness. You expect that society to be able to teach anybody what healthy family, gender and societal relationships are?
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

The real answer is who knows how big a problem rape is anywhere. After all we all live in "rape cultures". On the other hand I feel I have been raped by feminist idiocy more times than I can count.
                        Yes because hearing or reading an opinion that you do not like is the same as being sexually abused. Perhaps try thinking about the words that you use.
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          Yes because hearing or reading an opinion that you do not like is the same as being sexually abused. Perhaps try thinking about the words that you use.
                          I did and I think there are some unpleasant realities that many people just cannot deal with. The point was to elicit your response to prove that the very process of suppressing speech makes the thing you are fighting harder to fight. The post above yours makes this point very clearly. The humorlessness and negativity of feminists speaks to a fundamental flaw in their understanding of human nature. If you really want to combat an ideological problem you don't drive it underground you bring it into the light where you can mock it. You can only do that in an environment where free speech is a paramount virtue.

Let me make the point with an example that may offend our conservative members. Do you think that saying George W. Bush is a religious, patriarchal moron is more effective at getting a point across or these cartons.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...Bush-Cartoons/

http://mnl_1221.tripod.com/kerrybush.html

Here are some typical comment by feminists on the issue of rape.

"Innocent until proven guilty is a silencing tactic in which it is argued that any harmful action that did not result in a criminal conviction must not result in any repercussions to the person who did the action,"

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/I..._proven_guilty

"A woman who identified herself as a teaching assistant stood up and said she did not feel that the notion of innocent until proven guilty should apply to rape cases because it only helps protect the rights of the accused instead of the victim.

Only one of the panel members spoke out in disagreement with this statement. Klingele, the law professor, said that because she was a legal scholar, she had to disagree with this premise."

University of Wisconsin-Madison The College Fix:

The question you have to ask yourself is if any cause is worth doing away with basic human rights. If you answer yes to that question then you are ready for the "Brave New World".
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                            The problem is that social censure isn't accepted anymore. You can't condemn someone's behavior because everybody is a special little snowflake and every lifestyle, belief system and mental illness has to be accepted or else you're a bigot.
                            Usually, a line is drawn at harming other people because your own lifestyle, beliefs etc. require or allow that. That would already be good enough in these cases, given that rape obviously harms someone else, the victim.
                            Michele

Comment

I did and I think there are some unpleasant realities that many people just cannot deal with. The point was to elicit your response to prove that the very process of suppressing speech makes the thing you are fighting harder to fight. The post above yours makes this point very clearly. The humorlessness and negativity of feminists speaks to a fundamental flaw in their understanding of human nature. If you really want to combat an ideological problem you don't drive it underground you bring it into the light where you can mock it. You can only do that in an environment where free speech is a paramount virtue.

Let me make the point with an example that may offend our conservative members. Do you think that saying George W. Bush is a religious, patriarchal moron is more effective at getting a point across or these cartons.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...Bush-Cartoons/

http://mnl_1221.tripod.com/kerrybush.html

Here are some typical comment by feminists on the issue of rape.

"Innocent until proven guilty is a silencing tactic in which it is argued that any harmful action that did not result in a criminal conviction must not result in any repercussions to the person who did the action,"

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/I..._proven_guilty

"A woman who identified herself as a teaching assistant stood up and said she did not feel that the notion of innocent until proven guilty should apply to rape cases because it only helps protect the rights of the accused instead of the victim.

Only one of the panel members spoke out in disagreement with this statement. Klingele, the law professor, said that because she was a legal scholar, she had to disagree with this premise."

University of Wisconsin-Madison The College Fix:

The question you have to ask yourself is if any cause is worth doing away with basic human rights. If you answer yes to that question then you are ready for the "Brave New World".
                              So I make a particular point and you answer a completely different point. Says it all really.
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X