Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future for European Police Weaponery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future for European Police Weaponery?

Looks promising!

Police in northern India will soon use slingshots loaded with chilli powder and marbles to tackle unruly protesters in the world's largest democracy, an inspector said on Wednesday.

Not content with water cannon, tear gas and traditional wooden sticks or lathis, police in Haryana state close to New Delhi will turn to the slingshots as a "non-lethal way" to control violent crowds.

"Plus it is much better than firing plastic bullets which can cause pretty bad injuries," police inspector general of Hisar district, Anil Kumar Rao, told AFP

"It will be used only in emergency cases so that we can manage minimum collateral damage,"

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...lingshots.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

One problem, India is a bit of a distance from Europe... Maybe you should ask a mod to wipe it out and then restart the conversation...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      One problem, India is a bit of a distance from Europe... Maybe you should ask a mod to wipe it out and then restart the conversation...
      But the beauty of it, a Sling Shot! Lobbing hot peppers!
      Cops can't carry guns. Maybe sling shots?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Cops in Europe can carry guns. I have been to the neathlands, Belgium, Germany and France. In all of them vops had guns. In France the cops where augmented by Gendarmerie. Assault rifles where carried in the open. This was before the paris shooting.

In Rome i saw police, carbinarea and army every where. This was post paris shooting. Most sities of religious significance had around 12 heavily armed security forces members in the area. I all so spotted members in full riot control gear.

The other three countried had far less visible police. But the cops where all armerd and in the areas of high value heavily armerd.

All so a sling shot armerd cop in india would still have a side arm or cops with lethal force in the area.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Last time i checked India was in Asia.
          Looks like OP have hard time looking at world map.

EDIT: And yes,cops can carry gun in Europe.
          Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

This is why people think Americans cant read a map.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Cannot resist even if it probably wasn't the intention of Monsieur l'ermite urbain

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                This is why people think Americans cant read a map.

Comment

I was first !
                  That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                    I was first !
                    That's literally the second time tonight where I and someone else posted the same thing at the same time.

Comment

Both maps have merit. DD's has that map of Africa on it that fit's our thinking closer.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Of course Euopen Police wouldn't use such a weapon. It may be used as an offensive weapon rather then a defensive weapon.
                        As opposed to using fist and fingernails.
                        The OP was a joke, apparently, a sense of humor is not general issue in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          Of course Euopen Police wouldn't use such a weapon. It may be used as an offensive weapon rather then a defensive weapon.
                          As opposed to using fist and fingernails.
                          The OP was a joke, apparently, a sense of humor is not general issue in Europe.
                          There's too much culture to find things funny.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I think it only fair to say that my grandfather used a, "Gutty," (slingshot) loaded with marbles to hunt rabbits during the depression - there are also stories of them being used by rioters against mounted police.

A glass marble travelling at just under the speed of sound is the epitome of, "Non-lethality is a goal, not a guarantee," since it will almost certainly break bones.

In any case, the only police force in Europe that doesn't issue pistols to all officers is the UK - and it wasn't that long ago that there was a furious media and public backlash when armed officers were seen in Inverness.
                            Last edited by the ace; 11 Feb 16, 10:38.
                            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                              I think it only fair to say that my grandfather used a, "Gutty," (slingshot) loaded with marbles to hunt rabbits during the depression - there are also stories of them being used by rioters against mounted police.

A glass marble travelling at just under the speed of sound is the epitome of, "Non-lethality is a goal, not a guarantee," since it will almost certainly break bones.
                              When I was a kid I was deadly with a slingshot,
                              Let's ask Goliath if such a weapon is non leathal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X