The Case for WWIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case for WWIII

It is not unusual to hear people refer to conflict between Islam and the West as WWIII but this is an unusually well argued case in a short article

http://m.jpost.com/#article=6017M0Ex...AyQUNCQjQ5RjA=
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

I'm less concerned with what number it is, it can be argued that the Cold War was WW3. What matters is that it is a world war. And the worst is yet to come.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      I'm less concerned with what number it is, it can be argued that the Cold War was WW3. What matters is that it is a world war. And the worst is yet to come.
      I guess the real test with these things is whether there is a debate about it. WWI and II were sufficiently terrible that no one quibbled. The conflict between radical Islam and (mostly) the West, but also Black Africa, China, Russia has not yet reached such a point. I think it does have the potential to in the future. For Europeans, Germany in particular have cranked up the risk, though all Western Europe is guilty of a reckless immigration policy in the past decades.

Comment

The article is very good,but I have an objection : its conclusions are( too) optimistic.There is no reason for optimism .

Comment

The only way it could reach such potential is if ISIS actually defeats all of its current enemies. Otherwise there is no "moslem terrorist power block" that could challenge the western hegemony in any way.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

In light of what happened in World Wars I & II, this would make a most anticlimactic World War III.
            Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
              The only way it could reach such potential is if ISIS actually defeats all of its current enemies. Otherwise there is no "moslem terrorist power block" that could challenge the western hegemony in any way.
              It wouldn't be a conventional conflict though with armoured divisions and so on. It is more one of demographics, mass movements of people, deep political divisions, strained social cohesion and the impact of mass causality terror attacks on these. It would be different to what we have seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                You still are arguing in terms of WWII :divisions,aircraft, submarines;but ISIS does not need these to win : all it needs is to terrorize its enemies,and, it is succeeding .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                  You still are arguing in terms of WWII :divisions,aircraft, submarines;but ISIS does not need these to win : all it needs is to terrorize its enemies,and, it is succeeding .
                  I'm not terrorized. In fact, my life hasn't changed at all since ISIL came around. Sorry that you seem to peeing your pants, though...

Comment

Yeah well We've got the right to carry and he doesn't.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      I'm not terrorized. In fact, my life hasn't changed at all since ISIL came around. Sorry that you seem to peeing your pants, though...
                      Of course,you are not living in San Bernardino

ISIS is succeeding,this is proved by the results of the elections in Canada and Spain, by the arrival of the new Australian PM,by what's happening in Europe,by what's happening in the US :any criticism on the Islam is labelled as racism, all anti terror and anti migration measures are blocked,the media are pro ISIS .

More than a million potential terrorists have entered Europe in 2015,and the situation in the US is not different .Vetting them is impossible and instead to stop them from coming, the gates are still wide open .

As the Czech president said : the migrants are a Trojan Horse .But nothing is done about it . You ain't seen nothing yet .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                        Of course,you are not living in San Bernardino
                        I wouldn't have lived in San Bernardino before anything happened there...

Comment

In the Dogma of Islam, the World is of two parts, the Dar al-Islam ~ the house/world of Islam (Islamic domination/control and Sharia) and the Dar al-Harab ~ the world/house of War. This concept is especially embraced by the Jihadists of various stripes, colors, 'flavors' as they carry out what they see as their mandate from Allah via his prophet Muhammad.

EXCERPT:
                          The Arabic singular form dar (دار), translated literally, may mean "house", "abode", "structure", "place", "land", or "country". In Islamic jurisprudence it often refers to a part of the world.
                          The idea of geographical divisions along religious lines i.e. the dur is not mentioned in the Quran.
                          The notions of "houses" or "divisions" of the world in Islam such as Dar al-Islam and Dar al-Harb does not appear in the Quran or the Hadith. Early Islamic jurists devised these terms to denote legal rulings for ongoing Muslim conquests almost a century after Muhammad. The first use of the terms was in Iraq by Abu Hanifa and his disciples Abu Yusuf and Al-Shaybani. Among those in the Levant, Al-Awza'i was leading in this discipline and later Shafi'i.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisi...world_in_Islam

It doesn't matter what number one assigns, the World has been at war with Islam ever since Muhammad first lifted his sword and lead his armies in conquest and conversion nearly 1400 years ago. I tend to refer to it as "the Forever War" which is what it has been, and will be, so long as this part of the ideology of Islam remains unchanged.

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            It doesn't matter what number one assigns, the World has been at war with Islam ever since Muhammad first lifted his sword and lead his armies in conquest and conversion nearly 1400 years ago. I tend to refer to it as "the Forever War" which is what it has been, and will be, so long as this part of the ideology of Islam remains unchanged.

Except when we had all those other wars, like WW1, WW2, the Boer war, the 30 years war, the 100 years war, the war of the Roses, the war for Irish Independence, the English Civil War, the Napoleonic wars, The Crimean war, the POMERANIAN WAR, The Jacobite wars etc etc etc........

Plenty of wars and somehow Muslims have been no more or no less involved than everybody else
                            Last edited by Paddybhoy; 29 Dec 15, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                              Except when we had all those other wars, like WW1, WW2, the Boer war, the 30 years war, the 100 years war, the war of the Roses, the war for Irish Independence, the English Civil War, the Napoleonic wars, The Crimean war, the POMERANIAN WAR, The Jacobite wars etc etc etc........

Plenty of wars and somehow Muslims have been no more or no less involved than everybody else
                              What we now call "WWI" had been known as The Great War for a couple of decades afterward. It wasn't until after Dec. 7,1941 brought the USA, Japan, and most of the Pacific Ocean half of the world into the conflict de jour that the world began thinking of this one as the Second World War and the prior event 20 some years earlier as the First World War.

Most of the rest of your list is limited to European squabbles of the past few centuries, omits the many Asian wars since Civ started, the wars prior to 622AD, or the Islamic expansion wars which I've linked to in another thread and many posts/years ago ~

And another note is that I'm making an effort to distinguish "Islamic Jihad" from Islam and Muslims in general in the current context which you seem to over look, as usual, in your blanket defense of 'mooselums'.

Otherwise, yes humankind is a bit war inclined, but the OP is about the current issue with Islamic Jihad. However, when have you ever been on topic?
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X