X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Operator Killed In Rescue Mission

Raid rescued American held by Taliban:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-praises-...-politics.html
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

R.I.P.

Comment

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

A sad story of honor and service. My heart goes out to the fallen special forces soldier. A story like this exemplifies what makes these men 'special', handling the most difficult missions and putting their own lives second to the mission.
        "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

American KIA has been identified:

http://news.yahoo.com/seal-killed-re...opstories.html
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

With the downsizing in the furture is this a sign of things to come. ie ngo members getting taken hostage more frequently.

Comment

Everyone out! NGOs operate at their own risk!
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                Everyone out! NGOs operate at their own risk!
                I am not sure it a dead horse although we might understand the overall consequences I am not sure what the rest of the everyone out crowd gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                  I am not sure it a dead horse although we might understand the overall consequences I am not sure what the rest of the everyone out crowd gets it.
                  We need to get the hell out. No more lost operators, soldiers, etc. If the NGOs want to stay behind, let them at their own risk. Afghanistan isn't worth it.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    We need to get the hell out. No more lost operators, soldiers, etc. If the NGOs want to stay behind, let them at their own risk. Afghanistan isn't worth it.
                    like that going to happen.

Comment

So, we rescued a medical doctor who I bet had been told not to go where he went. We lost a warrior who probably cost the government more in training than the doc's medical college did him. Fair trade? How about just getting everyone out?
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

These ones should be told right straight that they are entering a place at their OWN RISK. One family may be happy to get their loved one back but one has just had their world destroyed. It really pisses me off that ones have to be sacrificed because another is too stupid to realize the very real risks of their actions.
                        "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

So you all are advocating that the US NOT try it's best to rescue it's citizens anywhere outside the US because lives might be lost? I'll disagree wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                            So you all are advocating that the US NOT try it's best to rescue it's citizens anywhere outside the US because lives might be lost? I'll disagree wholeheartedly.

Anywhere? No. Afghanistan, Hell yes!

The SEAL operator died doing his job, and these guys are like any first responder, they will gladly put their own lives on the line to save others.

The problem is that we should not be there any more. The people of Afghanistan do not deserve our blood. This was a wasted life.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Doesn't matter where they are in my opinion. If you have an American there, the Government should expend every reasonable effort to retrieve them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X