Pakistani Christian girl found innocent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistani Christian girl found innocent

A court in Pakistan has acquitted a young Christian girl of blasphemy after she was accused of setting fire to a copy of the Koran in a case that sparked international controversy.

In the latest twist to a case that gripped the country, and which campaigners said underlined the need to reform Pakistan's draconian blasphemy laws, the court in Islamabad ruled that the Rimsha Masih was not guilty, her lawyer said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8336157.html

Fingers crossed her and the family remain safe. Sadly no end in sight for this barbaric law.
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Normally when I see the words Pakistani Christian following each other, I expect bad news.

This is of course good news, but I would say she's not out of the frying pan yet.

And she may make it out, but what happens to the next one?
    You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
      A court in Pakistan has acquitted a young Christian girl of blasphemy after she was accused of setting fire to a copy of the Koran in a case that sparked international controversy.

In the latest twist to a case that gripped the country, and which campaigners said underlined the need to reform Pakistan's draconian blasphemy laws, the court in Islamabad ruled that the Rimsha Masih was not guilty, her lawyer said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8336157.html

Fingers crossed her and the family remain safe. Sadly no end in sight for this barbaric law.
      Her whole family may have to been given asylum in Britain, France, Canada, or the US. All I can say about this ruling is its to late for them to have a normal life in Pakistan.

Comment

I didn't get the link but I saw a head line yesterday that said the source of the accusations against her was a cleric who was now being investigated for falsifying evidence in the case.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

From what I read he is accused of putting the Koran pages in the rubbish bag she was carrying in an attempt to set her up. I will be curious to find out what happens to him if that is true.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
            From what I read he is accused of putting the Koran pages in the rubbish bag she was carrying in an attempt to set her up. I will be curious to find out what happens to him if that is true.
            I have a few choice ideas...
            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
              I didn't get the link but I saw a head line yesterday that said the source of the accusations against her was a cleric who was now being investigated for falsifying evidence in the case.
              I remember seeing him in handcuffs and being jeered in a Time magazine article a week or two ago. Wonder why the mainstream news is so lagging in time.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Probably because since bin Laden got fed to fishes most people see the word "Pakistan" and surf on to the next channel.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  I remember seeing him in handcuffs and being jeered in a Time magazine article a week or two ago. Wonder why the mainstream news is so lagging in time.
                  The original allegation that he was involved was heavily reported in the 'mainstream news' (whatever that is) when it happened. I'm not sure if there has been further evidence that he set the girl up or if the original allegation has simply been clarified & used to free her. In fact, the 'mainstream news' (of which I always assumed Time was a part) is where I read all of this in the first place.
                  Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X