Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taliban tries to assassinate 14-year-old girl activist on school bus in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban tries to assassinate 14-year-old girl activist on school bus in Pakistan

For those Taliban apologist:

“This was a new chapter of obscenity, and we have to finish this chapter,” Taliban spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan told The Associated Press. “We have carried out this attack.”

Malala first began speaking out through a blog written under a pseudonym when the Taliban occupied the valley in 2008.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz28qY9nVht
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

This cannot surprise anyone, can it? No one is going to defend the Taliban's actions, right?

One response was something like: "get all of the women and children out, and then nuke the place from orbit". Not a bad idea.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
      This cannot surprise anyone, can it? No one is going to defend the Taliban's actions, right?

Deleted as per Crackshot's recommendation.
      Last edited by Nichols; 09 Oct 12, 18:42.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Young schoolgirl shot for wanting to be able to go to school.

Taliban accuse her of being 'westernized', shoot her and then say if she survives this time, she won't survive next time.

What is in the heads of these people?

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Just when you think the Taliban can't get any worse...

...They continue to surprise you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19882799
          You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

I'm going to defend Ricky here - I don't believe his original post was at all sincere. He and I don't agree on most things but I think calling him a Taliban apologist is unfair.

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
            Young schoolgirl shot for wanting to be able to go to school.

Taliban accuse her of being 'westernized', shoot her and then say if she survives this time, she won't survive next time.

What is in the heads of these people?
            Insanity, sadism, fundamentalism and delusions of grandeur.
            Last edited by Crackshot; 10 Oct 12, 03:47.
            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
              Insanity, sadism, fundamentalism and delusions of grandeur.
              Better summed up as "Stuff that should be blown out of their heads and splattered on a wall".
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
                I'm going to defend Ricky here - I don't believe his original post was at all sincere. He and I don't agree on most things but I think calling him a Taliban apologist is unfair.
                Solid copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  Deleted as per Crackshot's recommendation.
                  What did I miss?
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Better summed up as "Stuff that should be blown out of their heads and splattered on a wall".
                    Well said Tac. I swear you have just the right way to put things so it's easily read, and completely understood with no misgivings about your intent.

It would almost be worth the headache to just drop a MOAB on the entire middle east, and let their god sort em out.
                    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                      What did I miss?
                      Nothing too radical, Crackshot may be right so I went with his recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                        Well said Tac. I swear you have just the right way to put things so it's easily read, and completely understood with no misgivings about your intent.

It would almost be worth the headache to just drop a MOAB on the entire middle east, and let their god sort em out.
                        There are days I think that we should pull out all the infants, and then nuke the place till the glass flows. We can drill through glass......and we shouldn't blame the infants. Raised up by parents that aren't bat-s*** crazy, they'd probably turn out all right.

But alas....some things can't be done.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Threads Merged & Moved to South Asia & World Terrorism Forum

ACG Staff
                          On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                            Threads Merged & Moved to South Asia & World Terrorism Forum

ACG Staff
                            Probably a sound decision to maintain integrity of the different forums..

But it seems from the different levels of comment that these type of threads get when they are in Politics Central compared to South Asia and World Terrorism, that many posters, while interested in such events, only notice them when they appear in Politics Central.

Philip
                            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Politics Central does not exist as an attraction. It exists strictly to keep actual political argument from polluting non-political forums areas as it so often once did.

If it did not serve that specific purpose, I would blow Politics Central entirely to hell in a heartbeat.

If the topic is political in current or recent focus, it goes there.

Otherwise > Not!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X