Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number of green on blue attacks in Afghanistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of green on blue attacks in Afghanistan?

I would like to know how many green on blue attacks have there been in Afghanistan since the start of the war? Also how, if they can, be stemmed? Was the accidental burning of the Koran the straw the broke the camels back or has it been the number of civilian deaths and abductions that are causing it? Or is it perhaps a problem of culture, can the Afghans be compatible with foreign military's occupying it's country? How would you like it? Is the religious tolerance gap too wide for devout Muslims to ever accept the words spoken from foreign non-believers. I know they dislike Arab Muslims, but at least they could share words and customs, unlike us 1st world English-speaking Christians. Can Afghan soldiers ever be as competent as it's NATO counterparts? Do they have the will to build Afghanistan back to how it was before the Soviets invaded? Or is it all a pipe dream? Is Afghanistan doomed to become, after Americans and it's allies leave, a Taliban infested Medieval Theocracy with harsh consequences for trivial crimes like showing your face or shaving, and other things we take for granted?
    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

If you're actually really interested you can do your own research rather than expecting someone else to do it for you.
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
      If you're actually really interested you can do your own research rather than expecting someone else to do it for you.

Comment

Rather be in Nam. Green or blue were very rare and for the most part the civil pop. was on our side as well.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I looked, albeit not very hard but all I could find was the same reports from different sites within the last week and month. Didn't find a site that compiled them, but I'm sure if I keep searching I'll find it. The only thing close I've found was when WikiLeaks first came out and released a bunch of blue-on-blue, green-on-blue and blue-on-green attacks in Iraq. Not sure what you classify blue attacking neutral non-combatants (civilians, reporters, etc).
          Perhaps this is not something the military wants statistics of out for the public to see, even if its in the victims best interest to understand how their loved one was killed. I know its war but in this day and age, information moves faster than it can be covered up.
          The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Interesting to note that the Army has, only a couple of days ago, gotten around to having all US personnel in Trashcanistan carry loaded weapons, even on post.

The Brass is as wide-awake as ever, I see.

Comment

This, from a previous thread, partially answers at least one of your questions.

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
              NATO's top commander in Afghanistan, U.S. General John Allen, this week issued dramatic orders for all coalition forces to carry a loaded magazine in their weapons at all times on base after six Marines were killed on August 10 in two separate insider shootings. Field commanders have also been given discretion to increase numbers of so-called "guardian angel" sentries who oversee foreign soldiers in crowded areas like gyms and food halls, to respond to any rogue shootings. "Commanders always have the ability to do whatever they think is right depending on their tactical situation," said a NATO official who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of security arrangements.

There have been 31 insider, or green-on-blue, attacks so far this year, compared to 21 attacks last year.

From: http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...7I07820120819?
              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

I don't see an immediate solution short of giving all new recruits a lie detector test (for all the good those would do). The Taliban and al Qaeda are both on record as encouraging their adherents to join the security forces for the sole purpose of conducting these sorts of attacks. Add to that the blackmail angle that someone mentioned in another thread on this topic.

The loss of life among allied service members is bad enough but the psychological effects of these attacks makes them possibly the terrorists' most potent weapon. More important perhaps than IEDs as the infiltrators could reduce the effectiveness of large swathes of the joint Afghan ISAF operations.
                Last edited by GCoyote; 30 Aug 12, 10:42. Reason: '
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                  I would like to know how many green on blue attacks have there been in Afghanistan since the start of the war? Also how, if they can, be stemmed? Was the accidental burning of the Koran the straw the broke the camels back or has it been the number of civilian deaths and abductions that are causing it? Or is it perhaps a problem of culture, can the Afghans be compatible with foreign military's occupying it's country? How would you like it? Is the religious tolerance gap too wide for devout Muslims to ever accept the words spoken from foreign non-believers. I know they dislike Arab Muslims, but at least they could share words and customs, unlike us 1st world English-speaking Christians. Can Afghan soldiers ever be as competent as it's NATO counterparts? Do they have the will to build Afghanistan back to how it was before the Soviets invaded? Or is it all a pipe dream? Is Afghanistan doomed to become, after Americans and it's allies leave, a Taliban infested Medieval Theocracy with harsh consequences for trivial crimes like showing your face or shaving, and other things we take for granted?

Incidentally, this is in the news:
                  http://ph.news.yahoo.com/green-blue-...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

And this:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/three-isaf-...204758857.html

Another sad day.
                    "We have no white flag."

Comment

I am extremely angry at the politicians that keep on the usual bullshit that we have to stay and complete their mission, they seem to be the same pollies that believe that we won in Vietnam, self deluded scum sucking pond slime. We should pull out now, screw July 2014, then nuke the whole frakking Afghanistan, then we'll show what Blue on Green is all about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X