Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidnapped female pilot exchanged for captured spetnaz officers

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN0YG0U8

Not an unexpected development. And just to correct mistakes: Savchenko wasn't "kidnapped". According to one version she was taken POW be rebels and according to another - arrested on Russian territory. Then her record in the Donbass war has nothing to do with piloting or aviation. She was just an infantry officer in a (quite contraversal) Aidar paramilitary battalion.

Comment

So how was spiriting Savchenko to Russia a good idea for Russia in the first place?

Comment

I'm not discussing if it was a good idea or not, juts saying that "kidnapped" is not an adequate word.

Comment

And as usual a lot of cynical humor on the internet.

Mahatma Gandhi after a hunger strike against the Britons

Nadezhda Savchenko after a hunger strike against the Muscovites

Comment

Um, that's after a 'hunger strike'?

Just saying...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Show me a picture of a fat Mahatma.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
                And as usual a lot of cynical humor on the internet.
                Evil Russian probably force fed her
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Show me a picture of a fat Mahatma.
                  Show me a picture of a thin Savchenko after her "heroic huger strike". Grasping at a red herring straw, aren't we?
                  www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                    Show me a picture of a thin Savchenko after her "heroic huger strike". Grasping at a red herring straw, aren't we?
                    Whoever posted the picture of Mahatma was casting your red herring. To post a picture of a man that was always frail and thin is the dumbest comparison yet because she was obviously even fatter before the hunger strike. Fat people can survive a hunger strike longer and better than a thin person, and the weight loss is far less telling on a fat person if it is a short duration.
                    Last edited by Salinator; 27 May 16, 17:32.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Eh... what's the problem? We bought two officers with one fat mouthy lass. Seems profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Whoever posted the picture of Mahatma was casting the your red herring. To post a picture of a man that was always frail and thin is the dumbest comparison yet because she was obviously even fatter before the hunger strike. Fat people can survive a hunger strike longer and better than a thin person, and the weight loss is far less telling on a fat person if it is a short duration.
                        Lessee, she was a on a hunger strike 6 to 19 April. Hardly surprising she by now doesn't necessarily display the "walking corpse" aspect apparently implicitly demanded. She was on a "dry" strike too, refusing liquid. If you stick with that, you can kill yourself rather faster than you will by wasting away from lack nutrients generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire View Post
                          Eh... what's the problem? We bought two officers with one fat mouthy lass. Seems profitable.
                          So sorry tovarische, its supposed to be 'tourists' not 'officers'.
                          Don't want to be admitting that your lot is doing the dirty in the donbass, do you now?

Comment

Originally posted by Prospekt Mira View Post
                            So sorry tovarische, its supposed to be 'tourists' not 'officers'.
                            Okay, it's still two-for-one deal.

Originally posted by Prospekt Mira View Post
                            Don't want to be admitting that your lot is doing the dirty in the donbass, do you now?
                            C'mon, man! I don't know a thing about who does what in Donbass - I live at the Urals. You know precisely as much. We both just read or watch the news and choose which lies to trust. I not in position to admit anything, though I strongly believe there are Russian russians in Ukraine - volunteers, mercenaries and intel guys. I don't believe in regular troops in any significat numbers. And, you know, I'm not afraid to tell everyone who wants to hear what I believe in.

And, thank you for caring.

Comment

That's just an artefact of how Russian state media currently works — ensures whoever likes can claim no one really knows anything, and so no accountability or responsibility can be exacted from anyone. Crap somehow just happens... (Shrug.)

It's VERY convenient for some. The salient question should be: "Who?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X