Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Thoughts on over-all Russian Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
    It is not, since we are disscussing the armys preformance, go argue politics somewhere else.

I can conclude that you are unaware of any time-table of the events.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war

* August 11 - Russia ruled out peace talks with Georgia until the latter withdrew from South Ossetia and signed a legally binding pact renouncing the use of force against South Ossetia and Abkhazia.[100]
    On that night, Russian paratroopers deployed in Abkhazia carried out raids deep inside Georgian territory to destroy military bases from where Georgia could send reinforcements to its troops sealed off in South Ossetia. Russian forces reached the military base near the town of Senaki outside Abkhazia on the 11th, leaving the base there destroyed.[101] Gori was shelled and bombed by the Russians as the Georgian military and most of residents of the Gori District fled.

* August 12 - Russian President Medvedev said that he had ordered an end to military operations in Georgia.[102] Later on the same day, Russian president Medvedev approved a six-point peace plan brokered by President-in-Office of the European Union, Nicolas Sarkozy, in Moscow; both sides were to sign it by the 17th.[103]
    Russian troops drove through the port of Poti, and took up positions around it.[104]
    * August 13 - All of the remaining Georgian forces, including at least 1,500 civilians in the Kodori Valley, had retreated from Abkhazia and South Osseti

As you see the Georgians were orderd to retreat from Abkhazia and South Ossetia on the same day the 13th of August when Russians had invaded Georgia from Abhazia. Naturally, the simultaneous withdrawal of the Georgian troops from two regions could be carried out according to the order from central command to avoid their encirclement and concentrate troops for the defense of the capital and Eastern Georgia.
    Last edited by Shamil; 12 Oct 08, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
      I can conclude that you are unaware of any time-table of the events.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war

As you see the Georgians were orderd to retreat from Abkhazia and South Ossetia on the same day the 13th of August.
      At least you gave a source
      Now wikipedia... Well it will do for now.

"The neutrality of this article is disputed."
      Last edited by Erkki; 12 Oct 08, 07:08.
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

At least you gave a source
        Now wikipedia... Well it will do for now.
        You have a different time-table of events? Do you think that you learn some truth on the topic when you use the Russian media resources that are subject to the Kremlin PR policy, the resources of the state that was directly involved in the conflict and thus can't be unbiased in principle?

Comment

That is a what if scenario.

Really? And who posted:

If he Russian army had not stoped all of them would have been, a army without weapons are a bunch of POW waiting to be captured.
          Or you have some strong proofs that Georgians would not fight Russians in case of the full occupation?

Comment

You have a different time-table of events? Do you think that you learn some truth on the topic when you use the Russian media resources that are subject to the Kremlin PR policy, the resources of the state that was directly involved in the conflict and thus can't be unbiased in principle?
            Let´s say I don´t trust wikipedia.
            I will check with my sources on what possibly happened that day, if you exuse.
            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

..certainly the attack which almost lead to the death of 58th army commander must not be allowed to happen again, even a simple reconnisance drone froma soldiers backpack may have spotted the ambush being set up as his column was driving down the road. I have seen pictures of the terrain, and the first thing that pops into my mind is, ' Gee, im would really appreciate a drone now, that could show me what is around that bend , before i reach it.."

..the simple fact that the Gergian army was armed with UAV, and the Russian had none, speaks volumes, and it is where they should now be looking to make serios investments...

Comment

Really? And who posted:
                Yes my fault, that is also a what if.

Max Sterner

Comment

Yes my fault, that is also a what if.
                  It is OK. Don't worry.

Comment

So - are we all in agreement that the Russian Military is at the very least about 10 years behind in both development and upgrading as well as manufacturing new and improved equipment ( across the board) ?
                    I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                      So - are we all in agreement that the Russian Military is at the very least about 10 years behind in both development and upgrading as well as manufacturing new and improved equipment ( across the board) ?
                      No

Max Sterner

Comment

No
                        Make your case then

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                          Make your case then
                          It is 25 minutes to shcool and I need to get to the bathroom. I´ll do it after shcool if you excuse.

Max Sterner

Comment

It is 25 minutes to shcool and I need to get to the bathroom. I´ll do it after shcool if you excuse.
                            Have fun in school -- talk to you later

BoRG

Comment

Oh, he really meant it. I thought it was some kind of really obscure folk saying for us to decipher.
                              "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
                                Oh, he really meant it. I thought it was some kind of really obscure folk saying for us to decipher.
                                Nope -- he's really a student and a damned clever one at that

BoRG

Comment

Working...
                                X