Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

The Real World Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
    As someone that studies history, I could not possibly agree more. Whereas I understand one of the quotes in the article about self flagellation, something that we seem to do quite a bit of in the US, whitewashing history does not equate to patriotism. It is politically driven revisionism whose ultimate goal is blind nationalism, and that is indeed an alarming development. Frankly, I am not surprised that Putin is ramrodding this misguided effort; I have said before, and I will say it again, Putin is a KGB colonel and a card carrying member of the Communist party. I am willing to bet that his ultimate goal is to resurrect the Soviet Union in spirit if not in form.
    Agreed. I have been saying the same thing for a while now. This will be the "new" Soviet Union founded on capitalism and oil, driven by Putin. We previosuly outspent the Soviet Union, but that won't happen this time.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The article definitely puts 'nation' back in the term, International Relations, and quickly puts the non-state actors (terrorists, criminal organizations, NGO's) that have dominated the New World Order image in perspective. Terrorists have always been in the background, but when the big elephants move, one has to pay attention, ask any zookeeper.

If one looks at U.S. Army doctrine and writings for the past 5-7 years, it is focused on counterinsurgency, much like the army literature during the Vietnam war. After Vietnam, it took a little over a decade to redirect doctrine, training, force structure to deal with the potential threat in Europe and be in a position to drop whole nation-states in quick wars. I hope this puts contingency planning, force structure and training on a more balance approach for a full spectrum of future threats.

rna
      Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 21 Aug 08, 10:34.
      Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
        ... I do believe that is a fine article, and the best one that I have read on subject to date.
        that may be.| because what we've read, prior this one, were mostly a not-so-fine articles.| still, the author of the article in question tends to oversimplify matters and fails to realise that the main enemies of the NWO are residing in the US itself, and not elsewhere .

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
          that may be.| because what we've read, prior this one, were mostly a not-so-fine articles.| still, the author of the article in question tends to oversimplify matters and fails to realise that the main enemies of the NWO are residing in the US itself, and not elsewhere .
          That sounds like a statement right out of Pravda at the height of the Cold War. Russia, of course, has never done anything detrimental to the World Order at any time...

Meanwhile, Putin I suppose is merely planning a huge number of barbecues all over Eastern Europe and he needs all those tanks and men to carry his food, and of course they are all heavily armed because the squirrels are extremely dangerous in those countries.

Now let's see...oh, yeah...it was Russia that just threatened to nuke Poland, wasn't it?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
            ... the Cold War..Putin..needs all those tanks and men..Russia..threatened to nuke Poland...
            i didn't trust that the USSR and the US would ever clash for real, back then; and i do not trust that Russia and America would conflict, now.| the geopolitical game is being played; but we are not supposed to see what really happens...

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
              Please expand on your thoughts, I am interested in seeing where you are going with your line of thinking, and if you can dig up any pertinent information that relates to that, I would be interested in reading it.
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

There is view from third side also:

Financial Times: The west is strategically wrong on Georgia By Kishore Mahbubani

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X