German HK G36 in Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German HK G36 in Georgia

I think it appeared first couple years ago on militaryphoto.
    But now they making a big surprise out of it

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...glisch-347-rdf

Georgian elite forces fighting Russia in the breakaway region of South Ossetia were illegally armed with German assault rifles in a blatant violation of Germany's arms export laws, according to a TV report.

I wonder if these came from the Germans? I have several H&K weapons purchased here in the US and I have seen "clones" of much of H&K's stuff.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
      I wonder if these came from the Germans? I have several H&K weapons purchased here in the US and I have seen "clones" of much of H&K's stuff.
      Cept thats not the export model thats the military scope group for the military ones. Though it could easily be a clone of a G-36K.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

What part of german law is this violating?
        Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

We have very strict rules regarding weapons exports, or put it this way, we're a tad less hypocritical in this field than most countries.
          We don't export weapons in countries which may use it against their minorities/civies, human rights, yadda yadda

Example:
          If Turkey wanted to buy G3s and Leo2s from us, we wouldn't allow it 'til they resolved their problem with the kurds.
          That's the letter of the law.....
          .....reality is we gave it to them anyway to strenghten an important NATO partner.

As for the G36s, any idea who produced them?
          Has anybody aquired a license for the production non-export models?
          Last edited by BaneBlade; 21 Aug 08, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by BaneBlade View Post
            As for the G36s, any idea who produced them?
            Has anybody aquired a license for the production non-export models?
            Both Pakistani and Turkish manufacturers have earlier license agreements with H&K.
            River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion
            Saving MacArthur - a book series on how the Philippines were saved - in 1942!

Comment

Working...
            X