Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Russia says Georgia's entry to NATO could lead to war

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia says Georgia's entry to NATO could lead to war

Russia’s foreign minister has warned of a repetition of its 2008 war with Georgia if the South Caucasus state joins NATO.

Speaking at a news conference after the NATO-Russia Council in Brussels on Thursday, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said he had warned NATO foreign ministers against “pushing the current Georgian regime towards a repetition of their August 2008 gamble.”

Georgia has been pursuing NATO membership but the five-day war in 2008 over Georgia’s breakaway territory of South Ossetia has made the alliance wary of taking it on.

Speaking during a visit to Georgia last month, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said the country had “come a lot closer” to joining, but added that Tbilisi should pursue reforms.

“Further reforms will be Georgia’s ticket to membership and NATO is here to help,” Rasmussen told Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili.
    http://en.rian.ru/world/20111208/169485481.html

Interesting...

Only if that's what Putin wants.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I don't quite understand, why will they go to war when Georgia joins NATO?
      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

That global warming is getting worse. Now the waves of the North Atlantic are lapping at Georgia's borders.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Like it, Rojik. This illustrates my point in another thread about the USSR. What the Georgians do has sod all to do with Moscow, but here's Putin making threats because he doesn't like it. F**K HIM !!!
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
            I don't quite understand, why will they go to war when Georgia joins NATO?
            Because Putin wants his neighbors to be weak so he can crush them easily. Russia thinks they are entitled to tell their neighbors what to do, and thus any neighbor that does anything to protect their sovereignty would be a threat to the influence they think they deserve.
            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
              Because Putin wants his neighbors to be weak so he can crush them easily. Russia thinks they are entitled to tell their neighbors what to do, and thus any neighbor that does anything to protect their sovereignty would be a threat to the influence they think they deserve.
              Well that's not cool. I'm for Georgia although they'd probably get pawned in a war with Russia
              "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Agreement must be unanimous and certain members will never agree. Georgia isn't going to be added to NATO.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                  Like it, Rojik. This illustrates my point in another thread about the USSR. What the Georgians do has sod all to do with Moscow, but here's Putin making threats because he doesn't like it. F**K HIM !!!
                  Perhaps he fears the arrival of another Stalin.
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Well that's not cool. I'm for Georgia although they'd probably get pawned in a war with Russia
                    Which is why people have guns, to defend themselves from those who would do them harm. Understand the concept?
                    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Which is why people have guns, to defend themselves from those who would do them harm. Understand the concept?
                      Yes and no. But gun rights and the like aren't the topic of the thread, so I'll leave that alone...

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Yes and no. But gun rights and the like aren't the topic of the thread, so I'll leave that alone...
                        I wasn't implying gun rights, but rather the concept of using violence to defend yourself from those who would do you harm. But you know, Georgia could always send Putin a strongly worded letter, but that might backfire on them.

Comment

I wasn't implying gun rights, but rather the concept of using violence to defend yourself from those who would do you harm. But you know, Georgia could always send Putin a strongly worded letter, but that might backfire on them.
                          Or they could just not join NATO, which is probably what's going to happen anyways.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Or they could just not join NATO, which is probably what's going to happen anyways.
                            Yes but this is what Russia wants, for them to not be in NATO so Russia can crush them if they want to. So what is Georgia to do?

Comment

Yes but this is what Russia wants, for them to not be in NATO so Russia can crush them if they want to. So what is Georgia to do?
                              Not join NATO, it's not worth war... if Russia were to attack Georgia without cause, they'd receive international condemnation.

Putin, for all his faults, is smarter than that.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X