Absurd

Originally posted by Alatriste View Post
    Then flee!
    Well this just went down the drain.

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
    ...And again I will be disengaging you...
    Then flee!

Leave a comment:

• Stryker 19K30
    replied
    Lol! Dude you are the one calling it a 2-family apartment which in normal English would mean that the apartment is sized for two families. In other words, it's considered large enough that two whole families can live in it. So the congrats is on you getting a larger than normal apartment. And no, that is not typical over in Russia, where most have to cram a family in a shoebox. Nor is it typical that one finds himself in pre-Bolshevik St. Petersburg housing. My reading comprehension is fine. Might want to look at those writing skills of yours.
    Again, I said all people in the apartment were in the same family. You made a snide remark "congrats they are from the same family" I said "most are"

I fail to see what that has to do with square feet of apartments or anything of the such. Your reading comprehension is awful in this case. And again I will be disengaging you. As there is really no point in discussing things further with you in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    Most are, the SAME FAMILY living in a 2 family apartment. Your reading comprehension ability is awesome.

You know in me replying to your snide remark about "congrats on it being the same family."
    Lol! Dude you are the one calling it a 2-family apartment which in normal English would mean that the apartment is sized for two families. In other words, it's considered large enough that two whole families can live in it. So the congrats is on you getting a larger than normal apartment. And no, that is not typical over in Russia, where most have to cram a family in a shoebox. Nor is it typical that one finds himself in pre-Bolshevik St. Petersburg housing. My reading comprehension is fine. Might want to look at those writing skills of yours.
    Last edited by Alatriste; 04 Mar 10, 07:37.

Leave a comment:

• Stryker 19K30
    replied
    Well that's not typical in Russia, yet upthread you stated most are. Most certainly are not.
    Most are, the SAME FAMILY living in a 2 family apartment. Your reading comprehension ability is awesome.

You know in me replying to your snide remark about "congrats on it being the same family."

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    more than I need It is on par with any 4 bedroom apartment in a major US city, and it is pre-revolutionary St. Petersburg architecture so the ceilings are really high adding to the openness and gave the ability to build an upstairs room as well...
    Well that's not typical in Russia, yet upthread you stated most are. Most certainly are not.

Originally posted by stalin View Post
    try to do business in America or Europe, and you see Russia is a much better place in that respect.
    I have. And I opine it is not better. Since this thread is about impressions, that's mine.

Originally posted by stalin View Post
    - what?... as far as i know, Kazakhstan is not part of Russia; no Russians living in Kazakhstan.
    There are plenty of Russians living there. Not only that, ethnic Russians who were born there were given the choice of staying as Kazakh citizens when the Soviet Union broke up or going back to Russia, or staying as foreign residents. There are plenty of them there and Russian is still a dominant language there.

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
    I've recently worked as an interpreter for a Russian energy company which had negotiations with a natural gas generator producer (mainly for oil and gas rigs). The Austrian technician who came to show the engines told me that some major Western oil company had a rather paranoid policy on health safety and they demanded medics to be included in the staff of all sites where their people worked. You surely know what such site is like - the rig itself, several generators and a train-carrige-like traler or two where the maintnance personnel lives. The place is usually so cramped two men have to sleep almost on the same bed, and here they demand to send a nurse Little surprise many of these nurses went abroad with the foreign technicians
    The Austrian technician is for the most part correct.

Leave a comment:

• ShAA
    replied
    Notice in my post I said...

However, I don't believe those days are over, but if they are, a lot of people in the oil business will be happy! Personally, if I was single and young I would be over there taking advantage of the situation. I mean these are great-looking women, but no way I would propose marriage. I'd rather take the James Bond approach
    I've recently worked as an interpreter for a Russian energy company which had negotiations with a natural gas generator producer (mainly for oil and gas rigs). The Austrian technician who came to show the engines told me that some major Western oil company had a rather paranoid policy on health safety and they demanded medics to be included in the staff of all sites where their people worked. You surely know what such site is like - the rig itself, several generators and a train-carrige-like traler or two where the maintnance personnel lives. The place is usually so cramped two men have to sleep almost on the same bed, and here they demand to send a nurse Little surprise many of these nurses went abroad with the foreign technicians

Leave a comment:

• stalin
    replied
    I will not do business in Russia
    try to do business in America or Europe, and you see Russia is a much better place in that respect.

Russian women in Kazakhstan
    - what?... as far as i know, Kazakhstan is not part of Russia; no Russians living in Kazakhstan.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    I'm an American expat that resides in a Russia in a 2 family apartment (of the same family) with the Russian woman I proposed marriage to with no plans to reside in the USA at this point.
    It is a scam! Next thing you know, half of Moscow will be moving into your mom's house here in America! You foolish American with that passport that will open the floodgates!

But on a more serious note, Congrats. May you one day have your own 2 family apartment with too many family members to pass safety codes!

Leave a comment:

• Stryker 19K30
    replied
    And the total square-footage is...?
    more than I need It is on par with any 4 bedroom apartment in a major US city, and it is pre-revolutionary St. Petersburg architecture so the ceilings are really high adding to the openness and gave the ability to build an upstairs room as well.

Although another bathroom would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    Most are...
    And the total square-footage is...?

Leave a comment:

• Stryker 19K30
    replied
    Congratulations that the 2-family apartment is of the same family.
    Most are...

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    I'm an American expat that resides in a Russia in a 2 family apartment (of the same family) with the Russian woman I proposed marriage to with no plans to reside in the USA at this point.
    Congratulations that the 2-family apartment is of the same family.

Leave a comment:

• Stryker 19K30
    replied

However, I don't believe those days are over, but if they are, a lot of people in the oil business will be happy! Personally, if I was single and young I would be over there taking advantage of the situation. I mean these are great-looking women, but no way I would propose marriage. I'd rather take the James Bond approach

Leave a comment:

• Alatriste
    replied
    I certainly hope you aren't saying all Russian women are like this...the days where a blue passport will get you women in Russia are long over.
    The women. With regards to the oil companies...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X