This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Are you saying the silicone revolution has yet to reach Russia?
    Warning! Proceed with extreme caution. Not recommended for people with high aesthetic sensitivity.

http://community.livejournal.com/mooqly/
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

My heartbeat managed, but it was close.

I don't understand aesthetics or sensitivity so you're wasting both of our time.

I've liked the Russians I've met in business, so have no axe to grind other than its involvement in Totalitarianism- which of course led to the GULAGs and some of the worst atrocities post-WWII.

But if you think gang rape of civilians is usual behavior, I've got news for you- it ain't.

Mind you, releasing GULAG veterans to the supply chain of the Russian Army in 1944 is hardly likely to appeal to the locals on any advance into foreign territory is it?
      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
        Warning! Proceed with extreme caution. Not recommended for people with high aesthetic sensitivity.

http://community.livejournal.com/mooqly/
        Holy crap, that looks like an upcoming episode of Sochi Shore.

(If you don't get the reference, look up the American trainwreck of a show on a trainwreck of a channel Jersey Shore.)
        Кто там?
        Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
        Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
          Holy crap, that looks like an upcoming episode of Sochi Shore.

(If you don't get the reference, look up the American trainwreck of a show on a trainwreck of a channel Jersey Shore.)
          Er, is this really different from Malibu beside the notable absence of Granny Pam's mammaries?

Here's the English TV show telling the whole truth:

It looks... Soviet. It's cold, everyone looks oppressed...
          www.histours.ru

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
            I've liked the Russians I've met in business, so have no axe to grind other than its involvement in Totalitarianism- which of course led to the GULAGs and some of the worst atrocities post-WWII.

But if you think gang rape of civilians is usual behavior, I've got news for you- it ain't.

Mind you, releasing GULAG veterans to the supply chain of the Russian Army in 1944 is hardly likely to appeal to the locals on any advance into foreign territory is it?
            Sorry, are you sure you haven't confused the thread?
            www.histours.ru

Comment

Sorry, are you sure you haven't confused the thread?
              No. Have you?

I appreciate your English skills and the obvious intelligence that comes with them. I wish I had such skills.

This may not be the appropriate thread for some of my remarks, but they stand, even if you do not like them. That's ACG or at least what I like about it or ban me.

Comment

No. Have you?

I appreciate your English skills and the obvious intelligence that comes with them. I wish I had such skills.

This may not be the appropriate thread for some of my remarks, but they stand, even if you do not like them. That's ACG or at least what I like about it or ban me.
                You can surely discuss it in an appropriate thread, but here it is pure offtopic and you know it.
                www.histours.ru

Comment

You can surely discuss it in an appropriate thread, but here it is pure off topic and you know it.
                  Off topic. Yes. In hindsight I agree. You are dead right. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                    And what makes this an impression of Russia in 2010?
                    You are right, there is a difference called organized crime. Right now the organized crime in Russia is the engine of the business activity. Back then it was central planning.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      All you have left are the babushkas!
                      - nah. we have guestworkers from all these -Stans to do any kind of job.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                        the silicone revolution has yet to reach Russia?
                        - yep, silicon is not popular here (and never will be, i suppose).

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                          You are right, there is a difference called organized crime. Right now the organized crime in Russia is the engine of the business activity. Back then it was central planning.
                          And exactly how much business are you doing in Russia that you can state this?

I'm not going to lie, there are a lot of unlicensed businesses and people getting paid solely in "black" income - technically illegal practices and definitely organized, so yes technically you could say a fair amount of "organized crime" indeed drives the economies of the cites and medium size towns. But this notion of Vladimir Kumarin and the Tambov Gang running every aspect of business, especially in 2010, is absurd.
                          Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                            - nah. we have guestworkers from all these -Stans to do any kind of job.
                            You think I want to spend my afternoons sitting at OVIR doing all that paperwork?
                            Кто там?

Comment

Off topic. Yes. In hindsight I agree. You are dead right. Apologies.
                              You can open a thread about warcrimes in the RKKA section, as this forum is for modern Russia. There are already several threads on this topic, but if you have some specific questions to ask - go ahead.
                              www.histours.ru

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                                Uhm, ever heard of Italy? Can't see you coming crashing through the door, bashing spaghetti guys for their naughtiness and unworthiness.

And indeed, as Stryker has asked, is it your personal real life experience, or half-**ed stereotypes and general hatred for the Russians you're already displayed in other threads?
                                www.histours.ru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X