This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stalin
    what can I do if we Russians are in fact better then you Westerners in that respect? ...your mass media lies to you about life in Russia, meanwhile our mass media does not lie to us about life in the West.

i already asked you 'which ones' , but you have failed to come up with an adequate answer.
    I see you trying hard to bait me (and others), but sorry, I'm not getting into this discussion because it is in fact pointless.

I'm sure Cyberknight or somebody will happy to exchange many pointless posts with you where you can talk all you want about how bad each other's country is until you are blue in the face, I have no interest in this.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
      Dude - you asked what stereotypes Russians have about the USA that aren't exactly correct. It wasn't a slight on anyone for believing them, I also think I did a pretty decent job explaining why it is possible that they happen.

It seems you are taking offense, and trying to come up with excuses, put blame. No need for that. This thread doesn't need to turn into a bunch of "we're better than you" arguments that will surely pop up (mostly from people that haven't even been to both countries I'm sure) I'm not going to argue with you - Westerners believes outlandish things about Russia, Russians believe outlandish things about the USA - it happens.
      Come on, this troll is here "for lulz" only, don't feed him.
      www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

One thing that hasn't been mentioned (or maybe it has been, I'm a bit drunk) is that the media is (or is supposed to be) very controlled.

I think I read somewhere that Russia just peaked at the statistics of reporters being killed.

So my foreigners impression is that:
        If you try to write/publish some article that is too anti-government in Russia, you'll end up having a lot of trouble or even being killed.

Comment

Originally posted by stalin
          what can I do if we Russians are indeed better then you Westerners in that respect? ...your mass media lies to you about life in Russia, meanwhile our mass media does not lie to us about life in the West.

i already asked you 'which ones' , but you have failed to come up with an adequate answer.

Koba, are you excited for th Winter Olypmics? Can you still find CCCP hockey jerseys in Moscow? Those are cool looking jerseys. Are you excited for the Luge competition?
          Maybe the sports section on the Barracks will have a Winter Olypmics sub-forum. That would be really cool, don't you think? Are you planning on watching any of the events live in Vancouver? Watch out for Team Fiji in this year's Olympics. I really think they will run away with the medal count.

How was Christmas caroling in Moscow this past Christmas? I hope it went well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
            Can you still find CCCP hockey jerseys in Moscow? Those are cool looking jerseys.
            Nowhere near as cool as this one:

(not a great picture of it)

Another impression of Russia - sometimes it is hard to choose between the hot dog or the corn on the cob covered in salt. (see background of picture)
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by kek View Post
              Russia just peaked at the statistics of reporters being killed
              suppose i went to the USA and start promoting the idea that Democracy should be abolished and replaced with Communism or Monarchy; what would happen to me then?... that's the point ...so why should anyone be allowed to promote the western way of life here in Russia??

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                suppose i went to the USA and start promoting the idea that Democracy should be abolished and replaced with Communism or Monarchy; what would happen to me then?... that's the point ...so why should anyone be allowed to promote the western way of life here in Russia??
                Nothing would happen to you. People do it all of the time here. THAT is the point.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                  People do it all of the time here
                  could you please show me how they do it...

Comment

could you please show me how they do it...
                    Who are you talking about, and how to they do what?

Don't forget to get your DVR ready for the Winter Olympics. You don't want to miss a minute of all the exciting sports!

Comment

Who are you talking about
                      who GCoyote was talking about ?

Comment

who GCoyote was talking about ?
                        Oh, I don't know about that, but I do know that there have been strange signals coming from Atlantis. I think Pravda or TASS may have setup residence there and started sending signals to the U.S. Fortunately, we have "Weekly World News" to keep us informed of what is happening in Atlantis.

I hope Russia does good in the Olympics. Who are the favorites from Russia to win medals this year?

Comment

hope Russia does good in the Olympics
                          i'm convinced, Russia should have boycotted the Olympics this year because of Canada's membership in Nato - an organisation involved in the occupation of Iraq and Afganistan and carrying out aggressive acts against Yugoslavia in the past.

Comment

i'm convinced, Russia should have boycotted the Olympics this year because of Canada's membership in Nato - an organisation involved in the occupation of Iraq and Afganistan and carrying out aggressive acts against Yugoslavia in the past.

Well, that's all good and fine, but didn't Tito break off relations with the Man of Steel?
                            Do you like Tito? Did you watch the Olympics in 1984 when they were in Yugoslavia?

Comment

didn't Tito break off relations with the Man of Steel?
                              yes he did, but it doesn't mean because of that Nato can now do whatever it wants

Did you watch the Olympics in 1984
                              yes i did.

Comment

yes he did, but it doesn't mean because of that Nato can now do whatever it wants

yes i did.
                                Well, I think the media seemed to portray the Serbs as horrible and rotten people, and while I think there was evidence of them doing some very horrible things, the KLA was made out to be these sweet and innocent people who could never possibly do anything wrong. Nobody in the media ever seemed to be concerned about Serb churches being burned, or Serbs being attacked. It was a civil war, and in civil wars, both sides do things that are horrific.

Now, who do you think would win in the Luge competition? Tito versus Dzhugashvili?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X