This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    I've heard of an organ grinder, but never an organ meat.
    LOL. No monkey grinding organ meats for me! Organ meats are things like intestines, hearts, livers................
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      The Russian resturants here seems to always play loud Russian music and the times that I have peeped in, there were always people dancing? Is this supposed to be common?

I have never eaten in a Russian resturant? What are the recommendations? I am not afraid of spicy, just strange animal or organ meats.
      What type of food do you like? There are wide varieties of food, some you pretty much can only truly get in Russia, like marinated wild mushrooms for instance. Depending on the 'style' of restaurant you should start with an appetizer or zakuska. Usually this will consist of a large plate of different things, but you can probably order them individually. Some of my favorites:

Kholodets
      Pate (from liver)
      Marinated (pickled) Vegetables.
      Black (rye) bread.

Then there are some salads, my favorite is Salade Olivier, also you can get another traditional salad which is diced tomatoes and cucumbers.

Main dishes are a bit varied, but most in North America will probably have:

Pelmeni
      Pierogi(giant pelmeni)
      Chicken Tabaka
      Shashlik/w Adzhika(lamb is my favorite)
      Stroganov

I haven't even mentioned soups, blini, fish dishes, pies, desserts and drinks yet, if i have time I will get to that if someone else hasn't chimed in.

Oh and it is important to note that of course, ethnically not all of these foods are Russian but they have all worked their way into typical Russian cuisine.

Oh, and always finish your meal with hot tea.
      Кто там?
      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

• My first and only visit to Russia was when I was a 19yo college student studing in Denmark in 1969. For Spring break we went on a group tour. By ferry to Finland and then by train to what was then Leningrad and then on to Moscow by train. Returned to Denmark by train via Warsaw and East Berlin. Stopped in Warsaw but not in East Berlin, just changed trains. Very ineresting trip. I need to find my old pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
          I see you trying hard to bait me (and others), but sorry, I'm not getting into this discussion because it is in fact pointless.

I'm sure Cyberknight or somebody will happy to exchange many pointless posts with you where you can talk all you want about how bad each other's country is until you are blue in the face, I have no interest in this.
          Not me. I like Russia and Russians.

I just hated the claims of an Armored Cav regiment in the 80s facing down three Motor rifle and one Tank divivsion being the fault of the US wanting to invade the USSR. Putin or Stalin, our member missing the "good old days" is scary as i like the way we get along now. You are out of line.
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
            Not me. I like Russia and Russians.

I just hated the claims of an Armored Cav regiment in the 80s facing down three Motor rifle and one Tank divivsion being the fault of the US wanting to invade the USSR. Putin or Stalin, our member missing the "good old days" is scary as i like the way we get along now. You are out of line.
            Odd, I always find your ignorant posts about Vladamir Putin's KGB Vodka Bears hell bent on conquering Europe out of line. Well, not so much out of line as hilarious, and quite telling about your understanding of Russian and geo-politics.

Since you like Russia so much, can you tell me how many times you have been here and what the favorite thing you saw/did was?
            Кто там?

Comment

Odd, I always find your ignorant posts about Vladamir Putin's KGB Vodka Bears hell bent on conquering Europe out of line. Well, not so much out of line as hilarious, and quite telling about your understanding of Russian and geo-politics.

Since you like Russia so much, can you tell me how many times you have been here and what the favorite thing you saw/did was?
              On the contrary, Putin is fantasizing about a Russian/Soviet hegemony that never existed and that is what I slam. Well that and the posts from those who maintain that no Soviet action from 1917 to the fall of the communists was as bad as portrayed or even bad at all.

I have not had the pleasure of visiting Russia but I have known many Russian vistors from outright communists to disidents. My understanding of Russian geopolitics comes from conversations with them and thirty years of study.

I do know what I'm talking about and you don't know a damn thing about me so keep me out of your damned posts unless you do or want to discuss the points for further clarification.
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason

Comment

On the contrary, Putin is fantasizing about a Russian/Soviet hegemony that never existed and that is what I slam. Well that and the posts from those who maintain that no Soviet action from 1917 to the fall of the communists was as bad as portrayed or even bad at all.

I have not had the pleasure of visiting Russia but I have known many Russian vistors from outright communists to disidents. My understanding of Russian geopolitics comes from conversations with them and thirty years of study.

I do know what I'm talking about and you don't know a damn thing about me so keep me out of your damned posts unless you do or want to discuss the points for further clarification.
                You just posted about candidates opposing "surrendering to the Soviets" winning the Ukraine election. And the pro-Russian candidate is the one that won!! Just calling Russia "The Soviets" is plain dumb

I can tell your understanding of geo-politics and politics in the region are spot on.

It seems you have wasted 30 years of study
                Кто там?

Comment

You just posted about candidates opposing "surrendering to the Soviets" winning the Ukraine election. And the pro-Russian candidate is the one that won!! Just calling Russia "The Soviets" is plain dumb

I can tell your understanding of geo-politics and politics in the region are spot on.

It seems you have wasted 30 years of study
                  That is what I mean about you knowing nothing about me. Quit getting your panties in such a wad every time Russia is mentioned. You are hyper sensitive on the issue and seem to have a pre conceived notion as to the meaning of everything not absolutely positive.

I was being deliberately anachronistic and tongue in cheek in characterizing Gore's leftist politics. It had everything to do with Gore and nothing to do with modern Russia. It seems that you are humor challenged.
                  George Mason

Comment

That is what I mean about you knowing nothing about me. Quit getting your panties in such a wad every time Russia is mentioned. You are hyper sensitive on the issue and seem to have a pre conceived notion as to the meaning of everything not absolutely positive.
                    Eh, it's like saying to someone "you're a retarded moron" and then showing fake surprise at his overreaction and marveling why he's going mental over a little bit of sophisticated criticism of his intellectual capacity
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• I get that all the time and it doesn't bother me because I know it's true.
                      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                        I get that all the time and it doesn't bother me because I know it's true.
                        GS, no one says that about you. As far as you know.

See, there is a line in Caddyshack for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                          Eh, it's like saying to someone "you're a retarded moron" and then showing fake surprise at his overreaction and marveling why he's going mental over a little bit of sophisticated criticism of his intellectual capacity
                          Except that I never called any one anything like a retarded moron, that was spot on. Oh and no fake surprise, except for that a perfect analogy. Oh and the part about never having said anything at all about his mental capacity or sophisticated criticism. On the contrary some of my remarks were in least subtle humorous forms.

Hmm, come to think of it, no the situation is nothing like anything you posted at all.

Oh well, carry on.
                          George Mason

Comment

Nah see, I know every thing is far form positive, and I talk trash about things the government or more so mid level government employees do, and contradicting laws all the time. You know, stuff I have experienced first hand living in Russia. Sorry that it is not ignorant tirades about Putin eating Estonian babies for breakfast dreaming of dining on American ones on his KGB issue dinner plate set.

This idiocy is the only time "i get my panties in a wad."

I still can't understand how you know you like Russia if you haven't even been here.
                            Кто там?

Comment

Except that I never called any one anything like a retarded moron, that was spot on. Oh and no fake surprise, except for that a perfect analogy. Oh and the part about never having said anything at all about his mental capacity or sophisticated criticism. On the contrary some of my remarks were in least subtle humorous forms.

Hmm, come to think of it, no the situation is nothing like anything you posted at all.

Oh well, carry on.
                              Uhm, have you ever heard of comparisons?

Okay, I'll lay it in clearer terms. You're saying outrageously absurd things about Russia and then get surprised someone's taking a ****. Kind of like you didn't see it coming.
                              www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                                LOL. No monkey grinding organ meats for me! Organ meats are things like intestines, hearts, livers................
                                I heard about such organ meat as fried bovine testicles, but never tried it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X