Russian Opposition Leaders Have a Bad Health Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

Yes I have a signed confession from Putin.
    Then show us the scan.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Bear has enough nukes left for a last party. The good thing is that USA are killing themselves and there will be no need for nukes to turn US to ashes.
      Dream on...
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

Dream on...
        Cover your eyes as long as you want. The bubble of lies and stupidy that is your system, is set to self-destruct. BLM, crazy old presidential candidates and all the rest, are excellent symptoms of the ongoing disease. Abominable chymera made by rogue Europeans couldn't exist forever.

Comment

Cover your eyes as long as you want. The bubble of lies and stupidy that is your system, is set to self-destruct. BLM, crazy old presidential candidates and all the rest, are excellent symptoms of the ongoing disease. Abominable chymera made by rogue Europeans couldn't exist forever.
          There is an old American axiom which has served the US very well: 'God takes care of fools, drunks, little children and the United States of America.

Look to your own country for any 'ongoing diseases.'
          Last edited by Massena; 25 Sep 20, 06:15.
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

There is an old American axiom which has served the US very well: 'God takes care of fools, drunks, little children and the United States of America.

Look to your own country for any 'ongoing diseases.'
            My country is going pretty well. When US will go to the graveyard of history, it will fare even better.

Comment

• Don't hold your breath...

Comment

• Belgium is going pretty well ?
                ​​​​​​
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Don't hold your breath...
                  Things are going even faster than expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                    Belgium is going pretty well ?
                    ​​​​​​
                    Certainly.

Comment

My country is going pretty well. When US will go to the graveyard of history, it will fare even better.
                      The average life expectanccy for males in your country (of birth) is comparable to that of developing countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia
                      Life expectancy for males 67.75 years (2018)
                      The Indian males live longer than the Russians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_India
                      Life expectancy for males 68.4 years (2020)
                      Your definition of "doing well" must be a sign of the low expectations you set for your fellow countrymen. And the Americans have nothing to do with the above. I suspect, alchoholism and depression (prevalent in Russian culture, including even in literature). .

p.s. state sponsored poisoning does not help either....
                      Anyway, try to be nicer to other people because you risk hearing some moderators concluding that this Russian section of current events has become too toxic and close it, LOLOL.
                      Last edited by pamak; 26 Sep 20, 02:28.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        Does anyone think that Putin's star is starting to fade just a bit?
                        He overplayed his hand badly at least by 2014 – with that patriotic surge over Crimea nothing lasting (patriotism being the last refuge of the scoundrel) – and a lot of the shine had already come off him as early as 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

The average life expectanccy for males in your country (of birth) is comparable to that of developing countries
                          Still is higher than ever before. Collapse of USSR caused the life expectancy to drop by 5-6 years. That's one of reasons why Putin is still popular.

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                          Your definition of "doing well" must be a sign of the low expectations you set for your fellow countrymen. And the Americans have nothing to do with the above. I suspect, alchoholism and depression (prevalent in Russian culture, including even in literature). .
                          See above. When Russia and US were in good terms, everything went down. Nowadays the consumption of alcohol in Russia is lower than in France, Germany or Britain. Maybe not a result of Putin's policies but still a + for his era.

p.s. state sponsored poisoning does not help either....
                          It changed nothing in terms of popularity for Putin

Anyway, try to be nicer to other people because you risk hearing some moderators concluding that this Russian section of current events has become too toxic and close it, LOLOL.
                          Closing stuff is popular in US now.

Comment

Still is higher than ever before. Collapse of USSR caused the life expectancy to drop by 5-6 years. That's one of reasons why Putin is still popular.

See above. When Russia and US were in good terms, everything went down. Nowadays the consumption of alcohol in Russia is lower than in France, Germany or Britain. Maybe not a result of Putin's policies but still a + for his era.

It changed nothing in terms of popularity for Putin

Closing stuff is popular in US now.
                            In the vast majority of countries, the life expectancy today is "higher than ever before"
                            I bet in Kongo and Zambia is the same thing.

You just prove my point about the culture of low expectations.

The European "capitalist" countries which were in very good terms with the US now have a life expectancy for males which is more than a decade longer than Russia's. Sorry, but you cannot logicaly blame the US for this life expectancy. If you want to talk about the situation after the collapse of the USSR thirty years ago, you should have the honesty to address the Russian mistakes and the culture of corruption that developed in Russia with mafia-style bosses gaining wealth at the expense of the rest of the publlic.

This cannot be blamed on "capitalism." IT must be blamed on having Russian politicians (including Putin) acting as the pimp of Russian criminals. The capitalist Germans managed to join the rest of the developed western Europe thirty years after the end of the WWII. The Russians seem unable to do so and despite whatever progress you see, they are following from a distance behind. Sure, Putin has managed to improve the Russian military capabilities, but if this is considered sufficient to declare sucess then you need to recall that the communists were even better than Putin in building such military capabiltiies. And we know how things ended up for them and for the Russian people...

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

In the vast majority of countries, the life expectancy today is "higher than ever before"
                              I bet in Kongo and Zambia is the same thing.

You just prove my point about the culture of low expectations.

The European "capitalist" countries which were in very good terms with the US now have a life expectancy for males which is more than a decade longer than Russia's. Sorry, but you cannot logicaly blame the US for this life expectancy. If you want to talk about the situation after the collapse of the USSR thirty years ago, you should have the honesty to address the Russian mistakes and the culture of corruption that developed in Russia with mafia-style bosses gaining wealth at the expense of the rest of the publlic.

This cannot be blamed on "capitalism." IT must be blamed on having Russian politicians (including Putin) acting as the pimp of Russian criminals. The capitalist Germans managed to join the rest of the developed western Europe thirty years after the end of the WWII. The Russians seem unable to do so and despite whatever progress you see, they are following from a distance behind. Sure, Putin has managed to improve the Russian military capabilities, but if this is considered sufficient to declare sucess then you need to recall that the communists were even better than Putin in building such military capabiltiies. And we know how things ended up for them and for the Russian people...

Since when the system cannot be blamed ? Of course it can be. Corruption of such levels didn't existed in Russia before the capitalism, so the change of system is of course up to something.

Germans were already well ahead of USSR and the rest of Soviet bloc. Just like the Western countries were long ahead. It's not easy to catch up the gap with everything that happened.

Putin reflects in many ways the Russian society. Thus the support for him. If the last years weren't that good, he performed not so badly as it could be before that.

Comment

Since when the system cannot be blamed ? Of course it can be. Corruption of such levels didn't existed in Russia before the capitalism, so the change of system is of course up to something.

Germans were already well ahead of USSR and the rest of Soviet bloc. Just like the Western countries were long ahead. It's not easy to catch up the gap with everything that happened.

Putin reflects in many ways the Russian society. Thus the support for him. If the last years weren't that good, he performed not so badly as it could be before that.
                                Corruption in Russia did exist in the USSR. . It just had a different form. Capitalism cannot be blamed for the level of Russian corruption we see in Russia in the same way that I, as a Greek, cannot blame capitalism for the level of coruption that exists in my country. We have seen Anglo-Saxon capitalist countries which have managed to play with the same capitalist economic rules without having the level of Russian or Greek corruption. I am very critical of capitalism and its systemic problems. But when I compare corruption among different capitaist countries (and Russia is now a capitalist country), I will blame the local culture for the difference in the corruption levels I see.

After the end of WWII, Germans were not ahead of anybody. The level of their country's destruction put them behind everybody else. What they managed to do was to exploit the benefits of capitalism (US investments with the Marshall plan) and counted on foreign immigration to get the necessary number of workers to rebuid their country. That is when the Greek and Turkish minority in Germany was built.

I agree that Putin reflects in many ways the Russian society. That is exactly the problem I highlight. I understand that finding the lost pride in a powerful Russian state means a lot to many Russian citizens afte the experience they had with the collapse of the powerful USSR. It is difficult for any big nation to gain the status of an amostl irrelevant entity in internationa affairs. But. it is a mental trap to excuse domestic policy failures based on the fact that Russia has become more powerful. The USSSR is a historical example of what happens when there is a disconnect between a country's international prestige and failed domestic policies. To me, it sounds completely unacceptable to have males in India still live longer than their Russian counterparts. If Russia wants to be considered part of Europe and not of Asia, it needs to close such gaps as soon as possible.
                                Last edited by pamak; 26 Sep 20, 16:32.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X