This is Typical of a Russian Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
    Any one can see the infection rates right now in NY state to have an understanding that this virus is tearing through the globe and no one is immune. For all we like to make of a outward physical differences we are the same animal inside and this disease loves to feed on us.
    But the documented survival is rate is 98%. Better odds than every time you strap into your car and start driving. Better odds than the usual annual flu epidemic.

Sorry, but with odds like that I can find no rational reason to pic and every rational reason not to.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What is the survival rate of the usual annual flu?
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But the documented survival is rate is 98%. Better odds than every time you strap into your car and start driving. Better odds than the usual annual flu epidemic.
        What? You're telling me that every time I drive somewhere I have a 2% chance of dying? Your advanced age must have caused a buffer overflow in your mathematical abilities.

Also, this kind of reasoning is nonsense. You don't take extra risks just because there's already a risk with something else.
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

So what? No saying "Russia cannot have so few infected" anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
            What is the survival rate of the usual annual flu?
            survival rate of those who had the flu : more than 999 on thousand
            2 years ago more than 35 million people had the flu in the USA ,and 33000 died of flu/flu related/flu associated ,flu caused illnesses .
            Source : CDC

Comment

Apparently the documented survival rate of the flu is 99.9% vs 98% of Covid.
              Seems to me the death rate of the flu is 5% of the death rate of covid, or twenty times as mild as Covid.

Where do you get it from that the survival rate of the ordinary flu is worse than that of Covid?
              And please, don't give me the "ondocumented cases". That one goes for both Covid and the flu.

Where do you get it from that the odds of survival of driving a car is worse than 98%?

You do the math:
              More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.
              • An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.
              • Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the U.S. for people aged 1-54.
              • The economic and societal impact of road crashes costs U.S. citizens $871 billion.
              • Road crashes cost the U.S. more than $380 million in direct medical costs.
              • The U.S. suffers the most road crash deaths of any high-income country, about 50% higher than similar countries in Western Europe, Canada, Australia and Japan.
              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

The lack of testing makes all these statistics regardless of what nation, unreliable, the difference is media spin. That is understandable, the virus is bad enough, while health systems struggle with finding treatments and developing a vaccine politicians and leaders are also challenged by the financial impact and the panic.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

EYCuCqeXQAAyMPZ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Reptiloids controlling American media don't conceal their cherished desires

Comment

I, too, looked at the low death rate in Russia......and wondered why.

The death rate compared to known infection in China seems far too small as well...

Is their something going on between both these countries?

Can we really trust the Chinmese any more than we can trust the Russians when it comes to this virus?
                    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Apparent death rate is very much a function of the percentage of registered infection case. If you register 100% of actual cases you have one death rate. If you register 10% than you have it ten times higher. I believe, the main secret of the Russian situation is a high test rate. Thus far USA made 7 tests per one registered infection case, Russia made 25. Logically one can expect a registration failure to be smaller in Russia.

Comment

If the number of tests is real of course. Just like the statistics about death cases.
                        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                          I, too, looked at the low death rate in Russia......and wondered why.

The death rate compared to known infection in China seems far too small as well...

Is their something going on between both these countries?

Can we really trust the Chinmese any more than we can trust the Russians when it comes to this virus?
                          Of course not, but I don't think the Russians would rule that a kid who was killed riding a bicycle as a Covid death if he tested positive on the autopsy table.

Comment

He-he, there are bizarre rumors of medics allegedly falsifying covid diagnosis because they get bonus for every detected case. I suppose, that is mostly conspiracy theories.
                            Anyway, it seems that different countries can have quite different criteria for classifying deaths as covid-related.

Comment

Meanwhile, US State Department is going to pay 1/4M $ for "Exposing Russian health desinformation"
                              https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/vi...l?oppId=327299

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X