Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin owns your face

Russians now own your face. What next?

The eerie FaceApp photo filter, which uses AI to digitally age your face, has gone viral, with millions on social media sharing their sagging simulacrum, including celebs such as Drank, the Jonas Brothers and Kevin Hart. However, experts warn that the free “old age filter,” created in 2017 by developers at Wireless Lab in St. Petersburg, Russia, poses security concerns that may give them access to your personal information and identity.

But be warned: FaceApp, which you grant permission to access your photo gallery, also includes in their Terms and Conditions that they have the right to modify, reproduce and publish any of the images you process through its AI.That means that your face could end up being commercialized — or worse.
    https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/faceap...our-old-photos

Anyone's face is easily available through many venues, including the inevitable "selfies". No big deal. Putin's face is more readily available than most of humanity's, in fact, due to his constant publicity.

Anyone wants my tired old face, welcome to it. It's "pre-aged" for their convenience.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Anyone's face is easily available through many venues, including the inevitable "selfies". No big deal. Putin's face is more readily available than most of humanity's, in fact, due to his constant publicity.

Anyone wants my tired old face, welcome to it. It's "pre-aged" for their convenience.
      I don't think you read the item properly. The relevant bit is "you grant permission to access your photo gallery" which might contain all sorts of stuff you might not want used.

As it happens I don't need such an app - I just look in the mirror and think "My God I can't look that old"
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I don't think you read the item properly. The relevant bit is "you grant permission to access your photo gallery" which might contain all sorts of stuff you might not want used.

As it happens I don't need such an app - I just look in the mirror and think "My God I can't look that old"
        Mine is now handy for scaring off cats and small children....
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I did see the permission thing, which is why I never do that sort of thing.

When I look in the mirror, I just ask "Are you still here"?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X