Life as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
      Scandals, intrigues, investigations:
      https://twitter.com/Thogden/status/1016666327820488704

Life as usual
      What else can they do ?

Comment

Well, at least yet another usual myth "It's always cold in Russia" was decisively rebutted:
        https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44621838

Comment

Even the MSM is admitting now that live in Russia "Is ain't that bad". Many reports on Russian middle class, culture, interesting individuals, technical advancements and so on. Reports that where absent for more than 20 years in the MSM.

Comment

Russian domestic coverage by western press has always been weak and subject to flavour of the week. Working for an international news agency we had an ongoing pool to see how long before each new western reported would try to file a "russia is cold" story. It was invariably spiked.

For instance right now there is very little coverage on the current wide-scale protests against poutine's pension money grab. Social media has lots of postings unfavorably comparing poutine (as vrak nadodna) vs kadyrov (the chechen prez-for-life), who countermanded the pension decree for citizens of Chechnya.

Comment

Originally posted by Krasny Strela View Post
              For instance right now there is very little coverage on the current wide-scale protests against poutine's pension money grab.
              Because there are not wide-scale protests, I guess. (some grumbling online doesn't make a protest)

Comment

Must be that my family in Saratov, Volgograd, and Tomsk lied to me yet again. Can't trust those provincial russians living outside of the moscow utopia, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Krasny Strela View Post
                  Must be that my family in Saratov, Volgograd, and Tomsk lied to me yet again. Can't trust those provincial russians living outside of the moscow utopia, I guess.
                  I presume that you can provide us with some informations about those wide-scale protests ?
                  There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Rallies with tens or hundreds people participating are not "wide-scale". They would be with tens or hundreds of thousands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X