Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Francis Sees Putin as 'Only Man' to Defend Christians Around the World

Pope Francis Sees Putin as 'Only Man' to Defend Christians Around the World

The upcoming meeting between Pope Francis and Russian Patriarch Kirill will not only be a historic religious event, but could also have major benefits to Christians around the world, the French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche reported.

In an attempt to defend Christians in the Middle East and other parts of the world where they're being persecuted, Pope Francis wants to ask Russian President Vladimir Putin for help.

According to Pope Francis, Putin is "the only one with whom the Catholic Church can unite to defend Christians in the East."

FULL ARTICLE
    Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Not a bad move by either of them honestly. The West is hamstrung by its blind obsession with "multicultural tolerance" and can't be seen to be supporting any religion against others, especially Christians against Muslims since the Western political elite would have a white guilt meltdown.

Putin on the other hand could stand to gain a lot of support domestically and internationaly by defining himself as the defender of Christendom, especially if he gets the Pope's blessing and acts on it. Ditching the Soviet legacy and recasting Russia as the Third Rome again could be a much needed image boost. A Europe overrun with Muslim migrants and "refugees" might even be fertile ground for Putin to pick up unlikely support.

Francis on the other hand gets someone to actually act on his calls for help for the Middle East's Christians, which up til now have fallen on deaf ears. Assuming Putin does more than posture that is.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Multicultural tolerance is impossible on this level of human evolution.

Putin plays this cleverly,I hardly believe my eyes,Pope calls Putin as defender of Christianity.
      That is tremendous accomplishment and boost for Putin.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
      Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
        Multicultural tolerance is impossible on this level of human evolution.

Putin plays this cleverly,I hardly believe my eyes,Pope calls Putin as defender of Christianity.
        That is tremendous accomplishment and boost for Putin.
        Agreed on both counts.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

frisco,

The pitchforks are coming!
          The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

The New Holy Empire,

As Putin slowly expands the borders of the Russian Federation and recovers ancient territory of imperial Russia, he believes he is expanding the Third Holy Roman Empire. He frequently talks of his faith. I have visited the Kremlin and walked the grounds. Only a hundred yards from Putin’s residence stands the Cathedral of the Archangel. Russian tsars carried the icon of the Archangel Michael in front of their troops, leading them into battle. The cathedral also serves as the imperial necropolis. Ivan the Terrible and his two sons are buried there. One could be forgiven for wondering if Putin at times strolls through the cathedral for inspiration.
            http://www.westernjournalism.com/onw...-roman-empire/

Comment

[QUOTE=vikram72;3172717]The New Holy Empire,

As Putin slowly expands the borders of the Russian Federation and recovers ancient territory of imperial Russia, he believes he is expanding the Third Holy Roman Empire.
              Russia has never been part of the Holy Roman Empire. The journalist has no idea what he is writing about.

He frequently talks of his faith.
              So did Bush. And I'm pretty sure he was called a "Crusader" a lot more in the Middle East than Putin.

I have visited the Kremlin and walked the grounds. Only a hundred yards from Putin’s residence stands the Cathedral of the Archangel.
              No kidding! It's been there for like 500 years. I'm sure Stalin and Lenin and Krhustchev who destroyed thousands of churches and executed thousands of priests were equally affected by its mystical presence next to their residences.

Russian tsars carried the icon of the Archangel Michael in front of their troops, leading them into battle. The cathedral also serves as the imperial necropolis. Ivan the Terrible and his two sons are buried there. One could be forgiven for wondering if Putin at times strolls through the cathedral for inspiration.
              I don't know much about after-lunch habits of the abovementioned leaders, but I'm pretty sure they took strolls inside the Kremlin. See how well it worked on them, right?
              www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Russia has never been part of the Holy Roman Empire. The journalist has no idea what he is writing about.
                I think he is refering to Moscow as the Third Rome.
                There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

That was what I took from it. He got it confused with the HRE as a result of his apparent unfamiliarity with Russian history.

Comment

Well, Obama sure won't do it. He's proven that several times.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Why would he. To him Christians and Jews are the bad guys. Seems like we just won't stop oppressing all those tolerant Muslims and atheists.

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                        That was what I took from it. He got it confused with the HRE as a result of his apparent unfamiliarity with Russian history.
                        Ok, I've read the whole article. Just like in the case of that "Putin praising Stalin" article, it's full of gross distortions, exaggerations and pure undiluted bullshit. Which actually describes 90% of Western articles about Russia anyway.

I liked this pearl:

One line of thought suggests the name “Romanov”, which the new tsarist dynasty called themselves after the death of Ivan the Terrible’s heir, came from the idea of a third Rome (although some dispute this.)
                        LOLWUT?

"Some esteemed scholars say Elvis was abducted by the aliens (although some dispute this)"
                        www.histours.ru

Comment

If Godwin law was made on this forum, the end point of discussion would be mentioning Obama.
                          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

To be fair most Western articles about everything are that bad, not just Russia. Nobody ever claimed they were smart or had any idea what they were talking about, just that they don't answer to the government and its not a conspiracy. They're ignorant morons all on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                              To be fair most Western articles about everything are that bad, not just Russia. Nobody ever claimed they were smart or had any idea what they were talking about, just that they don't answer to the government and its not a conspiracy. They're ignorant morons all on their own.
                              I would eagerly agree with you if they were ignorant in poth positive and negative ways. However, when they are 99% all uniformly negative, this is hardly the product of "impartial" ignorance
                              www.histours.ru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X