Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin's soft side, "I can destroy America in 30 min. Or less!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin's soft side, "I can destroy America in 30 min. Or less!

Putin once casually said over dinner that he could destroy America in a half-hour (or less)
    Putin then added that the only reason the US had any interest in relations with Moscow was that Russia was the only country that could "destroy America in half an hour or less."

Schoen and Kaylan conclude, "It would be a difficult to find a statement more revealing about Putin's true position regarding the United States."

What a guy!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...2gf?li=BBnbfcL
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Putin once casually said over dinner that he could destroy America in a half-hour (or less)
    Putin then added that the only reason the US had any interest in relations with Moscow was that Russia was the only country that could "destroy America in half an hour or less."

Schoen and Kaylan conclude, "It would be a difficult to find a statement more revealing about Putin's true position regarding the United States."

What a guy!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...2gf?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

Ah, that wacky, comical Putin. His fantasy world must be a great place to live...if you're a tin-pot dictator.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        Ah, that wacky, comical Putin. His fantasy world must be a great place to live...if you're a tin-pot dictator.

Be careful, perhaps Transcontinentals are being calibrated and adjusted for a closer location near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

Dictator has no right to change constitution, to make laws, to deny signing laws written by parliament, to assign government and general prosecutor, to sign international agreements without parliament approval, to give orders to Bank of Russia. Not near to omnipotence attributed to him in your fantasy world.

Comment

I would say that Russia and the US have the ability to change large amounts of the other country's into glass covered parking lots. The difference now is both countries do not have large enough arsenals to do this several times over. I don't think Putin has the ability to get in a first strike that will disable the US response. I do think Putin is fairly sure the US will not launch first so he makes these kind of responses.

Speaking of targeting I used to look at a Parish map and see one 5 Megaton air burst over the Prien Lake Bridge would take out all the Petrochemical Industry there and most of the cities of Lake Charles and Sulphur. The part of Lake Charles not in the crater would be taken out by a 5 Megaton Airburst over the old Air Force Base just on the East edge of town. Then downwind we have all the targets stretching out to Houston! There is no way the US can "win" if the part of it I am in is erased!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

He might have said that over dinner one day, but I wouldn't over-analyse it. Putin is well aware that America maintains an interest in Russia for several reasons (i.e. commercial and diplomatic), not just its nuclear arsenal.

Comment

Putin stated an obvious fact. How does this translate into "Putin intends or dreams of destroying America?" Unless the "translator" wants to make another scarecrow for you.

Anyone with half a brain and without an agenda to force down other's throats will read Putin's statement as this:

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Remember, 30 minutes or less or it's free!
                  Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

So he's basically stating that russia is so economically weak that they're only influence derives from nuke missles they largely inherited from the failed ussr. Nice way to b-slip himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Prospekt Mira View Post
                      So he's basically stating that russia is so economically weak that they're only influence derives from nuke missles they largely inherited from the failed ussr. Nice way to b-slip himself.
                      Not different for USA.
                      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Fareasterner View Post
                        Dictator has no right to change constitution, to make laws, to deny signing laws written by parliament, to assign government and general prosecutor, to sign international agreements without parliament approval, to give orders to Bank of Russia. Not near to omnipotence attributed to him in your fantasy world.
                        Again...you wacky Russians crack me up sometimes.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

What a guy!
                          Given the second half of the quote ("Putin then added...") what he is really saying is that Russia is unimportant to the U.S. except that she has nukes. If no nukes then Russia would be meaningless to the U.S. While that is exaggerating a bit, it is also to an extent true. I read it as Putin recognizing the sorry geopolitical position Russia is truly in.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                            Given the second half of the quote ("Putin then added...") what he is really saying is that Russia is unimportant to the U.S. except that she has nukes. If no nukes then Russia would be meaningless to the U.S. While that is exaggerating a bit, it is also to an extent true. I read it as Putin recognizing the sorry geopolitical position Russia is truly in.

Tuebor
                            I read it otherwise, Russia does not look attractive for the USA like a food. Not bad. Quadaffi and Saddam attracted USA attention and where they are now?

Comment

I guess there is no helping the Russian paranoia...

The problem is that Russia doesn't look attractive to most anyone these days. (No, I lie, I'm sure the North Koreans would head there like a shot if given half a chance...)

The US isn't interested in "food". The glory of the US, what makes it so strong, is that the US fuels its economy through its own, domestic demand. It simply has no NEED for an empire. (Never mind the ridiculousness of the downright 19th c. tropes of modern nations trying to make money through plunder — that just no longer works, but it is somehow telling that Russians might think it still does, despite how they should have the Donbas as a direct object lesson of what happens if you try it, like Russia has down there and is now stuck with the bill for.)

Russia really looks weak compared to the US becuase, well, Russia can't sustain itself through a dynamic domestic market. Russia is a raw materials exporter dependent on international markets. Russia isn't interesting to the US here becuase it doesn't make anything or sell anything the US either wants or needs.

If the US is supposedly interested in "food", then the claimant had better back that up with something better than vague conspiracy theories. And no, the US political activism in the Mid East under Bush Jr does not qualify — most specifically because all that was was a gigantic sink-hole for the US federal budget. It really only demonstrated how fantastically wealthy the US is to be able to splurge out on something as mishappened as the Iraq war and its aftermath.

As far as Russia-US analogies here go, they limp badly. The US is a country able to conduct millitary operations anywhere in the world using hundreds of thousands of troops for years on end — WITHOUT the US society being mobilised for war, either materially or mentally. Russia? Well, Russia isn't even at war — technically (the Ukranians may take a different view) — claims to be peace-loving, but has still become a society mobilised, mentally and increasingly materially, for war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X