Internet And Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michele View Post
    Yes, I noticed that. I read an interesting summary of how the narrative is steered over there to carry across that country's message, but I can't find it any more, unfortunately.

Comment

• RT mocks Putin, among other things

A bit late I know but then again, I don´t really watch RT

Link
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Interview with Klaus Naumann on RT

“For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Russia's Last Independent TV Channel

As the fascists from the Kremlin are closing in, the kids who are running Russia's last independent TV station are forced into some kind of a garage just to keep the station running.

Moving story.

Give it a year, and these kids will be shut down too.

Russia's sole independent TV forced into meager studio

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

• Something about those guys:
            http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=144475
            I don't fell a slightest regret about them and they tried very hard to achieve it.

Comment

• I was gonna say you can start your smear campaign now. Accuse those kids of everything, including embezzlement. This is the only thing that Russia does well: smear campaigns. That and threatening with nuclear war.
              Last edited by MonsterZero; 21 Dec 14, 12:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                Accuse those kids of everything, including embezzlement.
                I'm not accusing them of something, I'm just saying that I don't feel any sympathy for them. And I don't have to actually. For reasons described above I watch their present misfortunes with a certain feeling of satisfaction.

Comment

• Paranoia overload, because no one who opposes the Antichrist (Putin) can be anything but a saint.

Max Sterner

Comment

• Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                    Paranoia overload, because no one who opposes the Antichrist (Putin) can be anything but a saint.
                    Antichrist is supposed to be a genius who will unite the world and eliminate all poverty. Antichrist would not get himself isolated in a corner like a little brat who stole a cookie. Putin has proven to be anything but a genius. He is making mistakes that are getting worse.

Comment

Antichrist is supposed to be a genius who will unite the world and eliminate all poverty. Antichrist would not get himself isolated in a corner like a little brat who stole a cookie. Putin has proven to be anything but a genius. He is making mistakes that are getting worse.
                      I find your idea what the Antichrist is supposed to be rather entertaining, but that's beside the point.

Max Sterner

Comment

I find your idea what the Antichrist is supposed to be rather entertaining, but that's beside the point.
                        It's not my idea, that's what the people who read that stuff believe. I dont read that stuff.

Comment

Paranoia overload, because no one who opposes the Antichrist (Putin) can be anything but a saint.
                          What the paranoia? Russia has one remaning station broadcasting news that is not government controlled, it's a garage-operation, and it's about to be discontinued. While in other news the government TV news outlets are going global in a big way, multi-language broadcasts, and certainly the Russian public gets to foot the bill for that privilege.

Sure, lets' not go overboard with this — it's akin to the number Berlusconi did on Italian TV-news. In either case, as news-coverage go, the situation is garbage, but while also similarly politically consequential, since there is a similarity between Russian and Italy in that most citizens get their exclusive news coverage from the tube. In both cases the political minders of the news clearly know what they are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                            What the paranoia? Russia has one remaning station broadcasting news that is not government controlled, it's a garage-operation, and it's about to be discontinued. While in other news the government TV news outlets are going global in a big way, multi-language broadcasts, and certainly the Russian public gets to foot the bill for that privilege.

Sure, lets' not go overboard with this — it's akin to the number Berlusconi did on Italian TV-news. In either case, as news-coverage go, the situation is garbage, but while also similarly politically consequential, since there is a similarity between Russian and Italy in that most citizens get their exclusive news coverage from the tube. In both cases the political minders of the news clearly know what they are doing.
                            I remain quite sceptical that they only have one remaining TV station that is not state controlled. Further, Remember Ria Novosti? Despite it being state owned they didn't manage to keep it keeping the government line.

What I had in mind is the rather entertaining idea that those who oppose Putin is somehow free of guilt for everything they are accused of. Of course I am not naive enough to believe that some of them don't get jailed for political purposes. But it has become a standard practice for some people who get caught to start screaming that the charges are merely political in nature and in that way get a sanctuary in some "liberal democratic" country.

Max Sterner

Comment

I was gonna say you can start your smear campaign now. Accuse those kids of everything, including embezzlement. This is the only thing that Russia does well: smear campaigns. That and threatening with nuclear war.
                              There are about 1 mln criminals in Russian prisons, i wonder why they on the West did not declare them innocent martyrs of evil Putin's regime, exellent PR opportunity. Russians would be happy to hand them to the West together with Khodarkovsky
                              I heard they were not especially happy with Femen and rioting vaginas protesters.

Comment

What , You no watch Doctor Who?

Putin's Grandfather invented Television in 1920. We are forever in his debt...
                                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X