Internet And Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
    These are not secret photos. Well document and known fact that the glorious soviet partisans mostly targeted women and children.
    These weren't partisans but sabotage groups under Andropov's leadership. The main requirement of being a partisan is to fight on your home soil behind the enemy rears.

Pity you followed the troll who raised the emotional degree of the discussion from cultural perceptions of different nations to atrocity discussions.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
      Who said it would be a punishment for the Finns?
      The part about annexation and executions gave that away from your own post.

Considering the kind of coffee the Finns drink, and I've been to several dozen Finnish cafes/restaurants in different towns, this is hardly an achievement. Unless you're under the illusion that drip brewed "kahvi" which tastes like water in badly washed espresso cups can pass for coffee anywhere.
      Given that you can't seem to be able to tell the difference between normal coffee and an espresso that is hardly surprising. Besides if you behaved in any manner close to what you have been discussing lately then it wouldn't exactly have been a surprise that you would have been served the worst of the swills.
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

These weren't partisans but sabotage groups under Andropov's leadership. The main requirement of being a partisan is to fight on your home soil behind the enemy rears.
        Yet they were called partisans in the Soviet Union. And also meant that in Finnish partisan means something roughly a kin to a 'child raping murderer' - which also summarizes pretty much everything those 'sabotage groups' achieved.

Pity you followed the troll who raised the emotional degree of the discussion from cultural perceptions of different nations to atrocity discussions.
        Given that you yourself intentionally started derailing the discussion with references to annexations and executions then you are calling yourself the troll here.
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
          The part about annexation and executions gave that away from your own post.
          I never said the punishment would be for the Finns. It's an execution by living among the Finns. Your cognitive skills are as bad as your obtuseness.

Given that you can't seem to be able to tell the difference between normal coffee and an espresso that is hardly surprising. Besides if you behaved in any manner close to what you have been discussing lately then it wouldn't exactly have been a surprise that you would have been served the worst of the swills.
          No, I know about coffee more than you can imagine and most definitely more what the Finnish masses know about it The filter brew Finnish "kahvi" which is ubiquitously sold in Finland as "regular coffee" tastes exactly like water badly rinsed espresso cups
          www.histours.ru

Comment

Yet they were called partisans in the Soviet Union. And also meant that in Finnish partisan means something roughly a kin to a 'child raping murderer' - which also summarizes pretty much everything those 'sabotage groups' achieved.
            Do you believe everything the Soviet leaders said?

There are quite clear definitions of partisans all over the world. and Soviet sabotage groups which had few or no local people among them could not be possibly named partisans.

Given that you yourself intentionally started derailing the discussion with references to annexations and executions then you are calling yourself the troll here.
            This was a joke made in passing, which you started debating in detail. This either speaks of your tremendous sense of humour or of your propensity to quibble over petty details indefinitely only to have the final word in every single argument.
            www.histours.ru

Comment

I don't really care what they were called, their main purpose was to simply kill civilians. Or, probably it was something else but that's all they did. However, in all finnish sources they are called partisans, so I am sure that is only your definition of partisan. Most likely not even the official one.

Also, the Finnish coffee is an acquired taste. I drink all kinds of coffee, but I still like the finnish coffee as well. And I can tell you that's it's also a different way of drinking coffee. If you don't know that then you don't know as much about coffee and drinking it as you think.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

I don't really care what they were called, their main purpose was to simply kill civilians. Or, probably it was something else but that's all they did. However, in all finnish sources they are called partisans, so I am sure that is only your definition of partisan. Most likely not even the official one.
                You can keep taking your Finnish sources for the Bible, but this is how partisans/guerillas are understood all over the world, and this is how they are definitely understood here. These were sabotage groups, period.

Take note, I'm not disputing their participation in such atrocities, but you still keep arguing over semantics so heatedly as if I'm denying something more serious.
                www.histours.ru

Comment

Also, the Finnish coffee is an acquired taste. I drink all kinds of coffee, but I still like the finnish coffee as well. And I can tell you that's it's also a different way of drinking coffee. If you don't know that then you don't know as much about coffee and drinking it as you think.
                  Yes, an acquired taste just like marmite and Philippine embryo eggs.

I know the taste of Finnish coffee just like the taste of Chinese rice vodka, which even in its best varieties just very badly filtered stinky alcohol. The Finns produce a range of decent vodkas, by the way. My point was that knowing about things doesn't necessarily involve loving them.
                  www.histours.ru

Comment

You can keep taking your Finnish sources for the Bible, but this is how partisans/guerillas are understood all over the world, and this is how they are definitely understood here. These were sabotage groups, period.
                    Puh please, your opinion is not the same as "all over the world". Not to mention that I bet you can find an example of these 'sabotage groups' suddenly becoming partisan groups once they were done sabotaging the reputation of partisan groups in Finland.

Desants btw. are another matter entirely.

Take note, I'm not disputing their participation in such atrocities, but you still keep arguing over semantics so heatedly as if I'm denying something more serious.
                    Actually I am not sure what on earth you are arguing. Some wording somewhere, when we both know what the truth here is. Like I said, don't care what they were called.

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                    Yes, an acquired taste just like marmite and Philippine embryo eggs.

I know the taste of Finnish coffee just like the taste of Chinese rice vodka, which even in its best varieties just very badly filtered stinky alcohol. The Finns produce a range of decent vodkas, by the way. My point was that knowing about things doesn't necessarily involve loving them.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

I greatly bemoan this horrible media spin, which is absolutely unprecedented in the whole world. Never have the media of the Free World of Democratic Elves ever published anything even remotely close to this bottomless abyss of horrendous lies, which stares at us from this blood-chilling report. I believe we should start a separate subforum for this monstrous brainwashing campaign.
                      Throwing hogwash on the Kremlin mafia is not horrendous lies.

Do you have a direct e-mail address to President Putin?

Tell him he may be killed if there is a putsch in Russia, and those around him are in danger too. Nicolae Ceausescu finale.

Maybe it's time to grab the $40 billion in embezzled funds and escape, while there is still time.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Puh please, your opinion is not the same as "all over the world". Not to mention that I bet you can find an example of these 'sabotage groups' suddenly becoming partisan groups once they were done sabotaging the reputation of partisan groups in Finland.

Desants btw. are another matter entirely.
                        Andropov called them partisans in order to present the visibility of the presence of indigenous resistance Finland/Karelia.

Next time I'll see you defending the idea that the USSR was a paradise because Soviet leaders said so.

Actually I am not sure what on earth you are arguing. Some wording somewhere, when we both know what the truth here is. Like I said, don't care what they were called.
                        My point is that the partisans were overwhelmingly native residents of their areas who took up arms against invaders. Your insistence on calling saboteurs as partisans is weird.

Will you keep calling "polite people" in Crimea some unknown unidentified soldiers because the Russian government denied they were army servicemen?

Exactly. It started as a joke which you took too far and too seriously and decided to continue with for some reason.

I see Finland is not that far from Kazakhstan in the humour department, eh?

www.histours.ru

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                          Throwing hogwash on the Kremlin mafia is not horrendous lies.

Do you have a direct e-mail address to President Putin?
                          Direct and direct, but the Russian president's office does have a website, with an English version, and it provides an email adress:
                          http://eng.kremlin.ru/contacts

Then there's a bunch of hoops of course, including the storinhg of personal data...
                          http://eng.letters.kremlin.ru/

Comment

I never said the punishment would be for the Finns. It's an execution by living among the Finns. Your cognitive skills are as bad as your obtuseness.
                            Nice to see admins allowing racist posts as well as ad hominems to be used in these forums. Real classy and tells everything there was to know about you.
                            No, I know about coffee more than you can imagine and most definitely more what the Finnish masses know about it
                            No seem to have mistaken that which you think you know for actual knowledge. Which ain't the same.

Do you believe everything the Soviet leaders said?
                            It really doesn't matter if I believe to that or not. It was what he stated.
                            There are quite clear definitions of partisans all over the world. and Soviet sabotage groups which had few or no local people among them could not be possibly named partisans.
                            Yet 'partisans' were exactly what they were called due to lack of any partisan movement in Finnish controlled areas.
                            This was a joke made in passing...
                            So you are actually claiming that you make jokes of executions and annexations? When will you start ridiculing Holocaust? There is a thing known as 'good taste' and your 'jokes' are well beyond it.

My point is that the partisans were overwhelmingly native residents of their areas who took up arms against invaders. Your insistence on calling saboteurs as partisans is weird.
                            Then you ought to blame the Soviets who coined that name for them.
                            Exactly. It started as a joke which you took too far and too seriously and decided to continue with for some reason.
                            That is because it went too far beyond what any reasonable human being could perceive as 'good taste'.

Comment

Nice to see admins allowing racist posts as well as ad hominems to be used in these forums. Real classy and tells everything there was to know about you.
                              Lol, much worse things are regularly said about Russians and pretty much everyone else here. Poor you. Get a humour coach.

No seem to have mistaken that which you think you know for actual knowledge. Which ain't the same.
                              And you are the judge for actual knowledge? Nice to know

It really doesn't matter if I believe to that or not. It was what he stated.
                              Right, and I showed that he lied - these weren't partisans, these were saboteurs.
                              Yet 'partisans' were exactly what they were called due to lack of any partisan movement in Finnish controlled areas.
                              Very good, you admit there were no partisans! The term used was a false attribution of the notion "partisans" to "saboturs".
                              So you are actually claiming that you make jokes of executions and annexations? When will you start ridiculing Holocaust? There is a thing known as 'good taste' and your 'jokes' are well beyond it.
                              Oh, equating "execution by boredom" with Holocaust is exactly what I would expect from you

Yes, execution by boredom and bad coffee, something Finland is famous for, is indeed fun!
                              Then you ought to blame the Soviets who coined that name for them.
                              Yes, I blame them for the lies and urge everyone not to repeat their lies.

That is because it went too far beyond what any reasonable human being could perceive as 'good taste'.
                              Lol, "execution by boredom" is bad taste? Try getting a bit of humour, although I know it's something hard to get in your parts.
                              www.histours.ru

Comment

• SHAA, off topic, but I can''t seem to message you. My machine is showing you as "banned" but on line. You might want a Mod to clean that up for you.
                                My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X