Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia Unveils New Army Field Uniform

RIA Photo Gallery
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Personally that green fur hat or whatever it is should be nailed to the next exposed corrupt official. Loaded into a An-124 and dropped into an active volcano.

Secondly, not everyone should have a beret. Everyone may have a field cap, but not everyone should have a beret.
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Very nice!! I like the pattern.
      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Cool looking uniforms, though I don't like epaulets. Suspenders are an awesome idea as well. I wish we had them on our acu's.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
          Secondly, not everyone should have a beret.
          Why?

Comment

Underwear looks impressively warm, but footwear to me seemed curiously thin for winter conditions.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Not an expert, but I think it looks pretty good. I also like the pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                Why?
                It is just a knee-jerk reaction that has it´s roots in the more liberal views entrenching themselves in schools and other institutions as well the army now. The notion that "everybody is special". The Beret used to be a symbol of elite troops in many countries, including the USSR and Russia. But now everyone is getting them from what I can read in the description of one pictures . I can´t Imagen any other reason why because they are really not that useful as a head wear.

Max Sterner

Comment

I have a full set of the previous "New uniform", both the winter and summer variant.

The Summer version is a great improvement from the Flora, that was a downgrade from the VSR, so it is equal with the VSR, maybe slightly worse in durability.

The winter uniform, is actually worse then the VSR, even the old Afghanistan uniform actually apart from the new one being much less restricting on movement.

The new one is less durable, more noisy, worse suspenders, colder(not necessarily a bad thing as being to warm can be worse then freezing a bit).

As For looks they are among the better looking Digital camouflages for sure.

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                    It is just a knee-jerk reaction that has it´s roots in the more liberal views entrenching themselves in schools and other institutions as well the army now. The notion that "everybody is special". The Beret used to be a symbol of elite troops in many countries, including the USSR and Russia. But now everyone is getting them from what I can read in the description of one pictures . I can´t Imagen any other reason why because they are really not that useful as a head wear.
                    Oh well, I guess I can't see it. Over here a beret is another symbol that everyone has. You only ever wear it on ceremonies...

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                      Oh well, I guess I can't see it. Over here a beret is another symbol that everyone has. You only ever wear it on ceremonies...
                      Ah, I see. It is just a difference in Traditions. In Sweden if I remember right only certain units was allowed to have them until recently when everyone was allowed to have them. I should check, I have the military uniform regulations lying around here somewhere.

Max Sterner

Comment

Max Sterner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X