Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My building made the news..great

http://www.fontanka.ru/2012/12/14/195/

Every year we go through this. People die.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

That looks like a nice building
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Here's an illustration

In 2010 the Governor of St. Petersburg Valentina Matvienko reprimanded the city's communal services for using outdated means of knocking down icicles. She said they worked too inefficiently and these days there are modern technologies they could use - lasers, for example.

Last edited by ShAA; 21 Dec 12, 05:43.
      www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Exactly, there is zero care taken by the idiots hired to do this. Only "We get money and can go home when it is done" Rarely is there any warning for people on the ground, and they pay zero attention to what is below. It is disgusting.
        Кто там?

Comment

Also the same can be said for throwing snow from the roofs. They also have zero communication or coordination with workers on the other side of the street, it is common for both sides of the street to have the sidewalks closed at the same time for snow removal, often at peak hours of pedestrian and vehicle traffic leaving no alternative but to walk on the street (where Russian drivers care little about anyone but themselves) again, people die.
          Кто там?

Comment

Don't read Russian. Did someone die from falling ice? Happens a couple times a year in Finland as well...
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
              Don't read Russian. Did someone die from falling ice? Happens a couple times a year in Finland as well...
              This time, no. It happens a couple times a year here too but the problem is how it is handled. Its an unorganized clusterf**k.
              Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                This time, no. It happens a couple times a year here too but the problem is how it is handled. Its an unorganized clusterf**k.
                Hailing from Wasilla you should be getting used to it. Of course, I don't remember anyone ever dying from falling snow here, but there have been a couple injuries.

Merry Christmas, by the way, Josh. Hope things are going great for you and yours!

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                  Hailing from Wasilla you should be getting used to it. Of course, I don't remember anyone ever dying from falling snow here, but there have been a couple injuries.

Merry Christmas, by the way, Josh. Hope things are going great for you and yours!
                  Oh I know! But in Wasilla we don't have endless rows of 5 story buildings stretching for miles with them with millions of people walking down them daily and no coordinated plan on what to do about it.

Thanks for the wishes Lance, same to you bud.
                  Кто там?

Comment

Icicle Kills Woman in St. Petersburg

An investigation is underway. Those responsible for keeping the building free of dangerous icicles face up to three years in prison.
                    www.histours.ru

Comment

It has been so awful yesterday and today. The idiot Tajiks cleaning the ice off of our roof today were as usual throwing it off both sides at once, and after Anna told the person on the ground she was going to walk and on the roof they were told to stop and responded they would, they proceeded to throw more as she started to walk. If they had hit her I'd be facing some time...
                      Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                        It has been so awful yesterday and today. The idiot Tajiks cleaning the ice off of our roof today were as usual throwing it off both sides at once, and after Anna told the person on the ground she was going to walk and on the roof they were told to stop and responded they would, they proceeded to throw more as she started to walk. If they had hit her I'd be facing some time...
                        Yep, I see similar things all the time.
                        www.histours.ru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X