R.I.P. Marechal Sokolov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Marechal Sokolov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Sokolov_(Marshal)

http://echo.msk.ru/blog/echomsk/925312-echo/

Last edited by Emtos; 31 Aug 12, 11:41.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Another sad new.

http://lenta.ru/news/2012/08/31/efimov/

Air Marshal Alexander Efimov died.

In Moscow, 31 August 90, died twice Hero of the Soviet Union, Marshal of Aviation Alexander Efimov. On it informs "Interfax" referring to the Defense Ministry. He was one of two survivors of air marshals.

Efimov was born in the village of Kantemirovka near Voronezh in 1923. In the army, he served from May 1941. During World War Efimov made 222 sorties in the Il-2 and destroyed 85 enemy aircraft on the ground and eight - in aerial combat.

The rank of Air Marshal Efimov was in 1975. From 1984 to 1990 he was commander of the Air Force - Deputy Minister of Defense.

After his discharge from the service in 1993 Efimov entered public life. Since 2006 he was a member of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation. Marshal was chairman of a number of organizations - the Russian Committee of War Veterans and military service, the Presidential Commission for cooperation with public organizations of veterans, reserve officers and retired, the Board of the International Association of veterans' organizations, and the Deputy Chairman of the Russian organizing committee "Victory."

Efimov was honored military pilot of the USSR, Doctor of Military Sciences, professor, academician of the Academy of Aviation and Aeronautics, and the winner of the State Prize of the USSR.

Comment

...and the survivors get fewer every day.

Comment

Soviet Marshal Sergey Sokolov dies at 101

Marshal of The Soviet Union Sergey Sokolov, the oldest of four surviving Marshals of the Soviet Union, died today. He saw two World Wars and held the position of Defense Minister until an aviation scandal in 1987 forced him to step down.
        *“On August 31st in Moscow, at the age of 101, the great war hero, military leader, Hero and Marhsal of the Soviet Union Sergey Leonidovich Sokolov passed away,” the Ministry of Defense announced in a press release.

More here
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Erkki, I posted it some posts ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
            Erkki, I posted it some posts ago.
            How right you are! Threads merged. I have been working 12 hours shifts for two weeks now so I am a little (more) confused then usually.
            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X