This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York AG to sue the NRA

New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...on/ar-BB17EcN8

IMO, a utterly moronic move. My thoughts on NRA finances and leadership aside, what does she think she can do that the Obama administration hasn't already tried in it's 8 years in office? The timing is awful as well, only 3 months away from an election, gun rights tends to be a single-issue voting point with many voters and I see this move as potentially pushing many of those otherwise undecided votes away from Biden and towards Trump or not voting at all. Or maybe this is just the latest attempt at steering attention away from the stupid Cuomo/deBlasio shenanigans?
    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Let’s assume she is right about financial discrepancies.
    Isn’t the normal practice to go after the people responsible for those financial discrepancies rather than the organization? It would seem the organization and its members are the victim, not the perpetrator.

I don’t think this is an effort to distract so much as to make a name for herself on the national stage.
    Except I don’t think it is going to work as she intended.
    Last edited by Cambronnne; 07 Aug 20, 07:31.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Let’s assume she is right about financial discrepancies.
      Isn’t the normal practice to go after the people responsibility for those financial discrepancies rather than the organization? It would seem the organization and its members are the victim, not the perpetrator.

I don’t think this is an effort to distract so much as to make a name for herself on the national stage.
      Except I don’t think it is going to work as she intended.
      That the NRA may have financial/leadership issues does not surprise me...but the fact that the state AG saw it fit to submit a lawsuit under that criteria makes me wonder how on Earth a much bigger fish, like the Clinton Foundation, could have escaped her radar.

I agree, I too believe it will backfire.
      You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post

That the NRA may have financial/leadership issues does not surprise me...but the fact that the state AG saw it fit to submit a lawsuit under that criteria makes me wonder how on Earth a much bigger fish, like the Clinton Foundation, could have escaped her radar.

I agree, I too believe it will backfire.

No. Not the clinton foundation.

Going back to this suit, a legitimate criminal investigation goes after the people who committed the fraud.
        Not the ones allegedly fleeced.

When Bernie Madoff was found to be running a ponzi scheme at no point did the prosecutors go after the people who had trusted Madoff with their money.
        It is likely this stunt just made the NRA a lot of money and gave proof to the belief that dems can't be trusted when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

They better hurry because it looks like NY is going Bankrupt.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            They better hurry because it looks like NY is going Bankrupt.
            And therein lies the roots of the suit...looking for a source of money.

Comment

...I don;t think this is an effort to distract so much as to make a name for herself on the national stage...
              I agree. Seems like a "fifteen minutes of fame" thing.

Comment

I can't wait until she goes after the "financial discrepancies" in Unions.

Comment

I can't wait until she goes after the "financial discrepancies" in Unions.
                  Right after she investigates the Clintons, right?

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

I agree. Seems like a "fifteen minutes of fame" thing.
                    "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X