Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Player Who Stood For The Anthem Blows Knee Out, ESPN Laughs At His Expense

There is no excuse for this. Fire La Batard

https://trendingpolitics.com/nba-pla...t-his-expense/

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

The clown world is a mockery of itself.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Would this be any better or worse than the thousands of NASCAR fans who cheered when Bubba Wallace crashed?

Black Nascar driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace is receiving backlash after speaking out against the display of the Confederate flag at NASCAR events, which helped lead to the elimination of Confederate flags at its events.

During last week’s qualifier in Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway for NASCAR’s Cup Series All-Star Race, NASCAR fans booed Wallace at the introduction of his name and later cheered when he crashed on the racetrack, according to AP Sports Jenna Fryer.
      https://www.blackenterprise.com/nasc...-on-racetrack/
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
        Fire La Batard
        Cancel culture isn't the answer.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          Would this be any better or worse than the thousands of NASCAR fans who cheered when Bubba Wallace crashed?
          It's not different. Both incidents reveal the suckiness at the heart of the American character. Nowadays schadenfreude is a seen as a virtue. Some world we're living in, eh.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

https://www.blackenterprise.com/nasc...-on-racetrack/
            Nascar fans cheer when any of the drivers other than the one they root for wrecks (which I have always thought was in bad taste).. not the same as someone on tv doing it and making comments about wasn't it funny that the one who stood up for the anthem blew his knee out..

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

It's not different. Both incidents reveal the suckiness at the heart of the American character. Nowadays schadenfreude is a seen as a virtue. Some world we're living in, eh.
              Unfortunately you are correct about the suckiness of the American character..

Comment

ESPN has become just about unbearable. The games themselves whether nba or mlb are fun to watch but sports center is filled with blm and politics.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Just hit the mute button and watch the game. I remember an incident whereby the sportcasters / announcers were on strike (or otherwise not working) and a game was broadcast live without any commentary. What a spectacularly enjoyable event that turned out to be!

I won't even watch NBA games anymore, since they splashed that BLM crap emblazoned across the court. I want to watch sports, not have some political crap spewed upon me. I just change the channel and watch the NHL, instead.
                  ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                  2) Enjoy playing it
                  3) Enjoy sharing it
                  4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Everyone at my poker game disagreed with blm being allowed to get involved in the four major sports in America. And we have a diverse group. One of my Poker friends lost a black friend he had for 25 years because of disagreements over George Floyd.

Dan La batard Has seemingly become a Lackey for BLM or is just saying what he was saying because he might get fired if he voices any sort of criticism of ESPN. Though I never enjoyed la batard anyway. But It’s become clear that if any commentator on ESPN voice concerns against BLM they will be fired and that is wrong.

Wrt Herman Hum...I am watching the NBA. I think it’s unfortunate that coaches are wearing T-shirts that says Stand against racial injustice when we live in a free country. And I do enjoy sports commentary myself.

There are a number of MLB and NBA players that still stand for the national anthem. So it is bearable in my opinion to watch sports. And I think without the home-field advantage there’s going to be more of a chance for underdogs to win games.

There are surely professional athletes that disagree with BLM. But if they took to Twitter with those ideas they might lose their job. So athletes and commentators are in a tough spot if they disagree with blm they are at risk of becoming jobless.

What’s interesting about all of this is that ratings are through the roof when it comes to sports. I would imagine because in part folks are at home bored and watching sports gives folks something to do. But I wonder if crowd attendance would be affected by the rise of blm if it wasn’t for the virus.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                      Just hit the mute button and watch the game. I remember an incident whereby the sportcasters / announcers were on strike (or otherwise not working) and a game was broadcast live without any commentary. What a spectacularly enjoyable event that turned out to be!

I won't even watch NBA games anymore, since they splashed that BLM crap emblazoned across the court. I want to watch sports, not have some political crap spewed upon me. I just change the channel and watch the NHL, instead.
                      It's social, not political. No different than the NFL dedicating an entire month to cancer awareness.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                        What’s interesting about all of this is that ratings are through the roof when it comes to sports. I would imagine because in part folks are at home bored and watching sports gives folks something to do. But I wonder if crowd attendance would be affected by the rise of blm if it wasn’t for the virus.
                        Found it.

CFL Ratings Improve Without Announcers

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/ex...out-announcers
                        ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                        2) Enjoy playing it
                        3) Enjoy sharing it
                        4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          ESPN has become just about unbearable. The games themselves whether nba or mlb are fun to watch but sports center is filled with blm and politics.
                          Now you know how ESPN earned the nickname Bristol Clown College (after its HQ in Bristol CT.)

Comment

Well, i think its funny. The only player not taking the knee, taking it to the knee has something to it.
                            I certainly dont wish this dude anything bad, but this is classic karma stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
                              Well, i think its funny. The only player not taking the knee, taking it to the knee has something to it.
                              I certainly dont wish this dude anything bad, but this is classic karma stuff.
                              "Karma" assumes that he did something to deserve his ill fortune. Certainly that was not your intent.

Was it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X