X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC news says that going to a National Park is racist

My god, when will it end?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...c-news-n599372

Everything that white people enjoy is racist, because they’re white people. Even going to national parks is racist now, because most of the people who go to national parks are white.....

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

PJ Media - Media Bias/Fact Check

Overall, we rate PJ Media to be Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies as well as numerous failed fact checks.
    Not saying ABC News didn't say that, but you might want to make sure by checking other sources.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post

PJ Media - Media Bias/Fact Check

Not saying ABC News didn't say that, but you might want to make sure by checking other sources.
      Here you go..check your fact checker sources...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/americas-national-parks-face-existential-crisis-race/story?id=71528972

000000000000000000000000000001.jpg

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Obviously the crisis is of educational nature. Everyone with half a bean in his head would have had as first thought reading this article that the answer to the issue at hand is poverty and all the issues that come along with it. A short check of wealth distribution numbers and its pretty clear why the distribution of park visitors is 75:25. Poor people dont have time or the freedom to chill in the park. Geez, no wonder you guys are hatin the media outlets, if they are too stupid to connect two dots and mention the real reason for why the numbers are what they are.
        On the other hand, why do you read such crap articles in the first place? Ah yes, the educational crisis...
        Last edited by Judith; 05 Aug 20, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
          Obviously the crisis is of educational nature. Everyone with half a bean in his head would have had as first thought reading this article that the answer to the issue at hand is poverty and all the issues that come along with it. A short check of wealth distribution numbers and its pretty clear why the distribution of park visitors is 75:25. Poor people dont have time or the freedom to chill in the park. Geez, no wonder you guys are hatin the media outlets, if they are too stupid to connect two dots and mention the real reason for why the numbers are what they are.
          On the other hand, why do you read such crap articles in the first place? Ah yes, the educational crisis...
          I read them to see what the people on the left are whining about now. The media is so biased in this country that it hard to believe. If it was this biased to the right I would be complaining about it too

Comment

I think its rather telling, that your right wing media didnt criticize the obvious stupidity of the abc article. They dont care about the main problem behind the flawed arguments but only focus on an equally dumb point of view. Both articles were just as shortsighted and outright stupid.
            I am deeply convinced, the full force capitalism has messed up many americans thinking. You are confused and cant tell right from wrong, because everything you consume is meant to manipulate your behaviour.
            There are other countries that have high quality, truely independent press, not meant to wash your brain but to give you all the information you need to decide on your own. I am pretty sure you have stuff like that in the US too. Its just very difficult for you people to tell good from bad.

Comment

ABC didn't say that going to national parks is racist. The article is about getting more black people to enjoy the outdoors and some of the issues faced when doing so. Given how black people are treated in general, I personally wouldn't feel safe.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                ABC didn't say that going to national parks is racist.
                The banner on the video clearly says: "GREAT WHITE OUTDOORS IN U.S."

The article is about getting more black people to enjoy the outdoors
                By claiming it's the great white......... how is that supposed to make anyone want to enjoy the outdoors? This is just another race baiting article.

Given how black people are treated in general, I personally wouldn't feel safe.
                How are black people "treated in general" that makes you feel so unsafe?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
                  Obviously the crisis is of educational nature. Everyone with half a bean in his head would have had as first thought reading this article that the answer to the issue at hand is poverty and all the issues that come along with it. A short check of wealth distribution numbers and its pretty clear why the distribution of park visitors is 75:25.

Poor people dont have time or the freedom to chill in the park.
                  You are correct about "educational nature" but your application is wrong.

The parks are open to everyone that wants to visit. A lot of people from all races don't like going out into the woods. Animals, insects, plants.... people come up with a multitude of reasons not to go out and explore nature. Many of the parents that won't go out into the woods willingly send thier children in the hope that they will enjoy nature.

"Poor people".... could you expand on that statement?

The ABC article is clearly saying that the national parks are "GREAT WHITE OUTDOORS".....it appears that you are saying only people of color are poor, is that the case?

Last edited by Nichols; 05 Aug 20, 19:01.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

White Sands National Park is blatantly racist and should be renamed. Perhaps that is why there was so much controversy over the proposal that it be designated a Unesco World Heritage Site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Sands_National_Park
                    Last edited by lakechampainer; 05 Aug 20, 20:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

The banner on the video clearly says: "GREAT WHITE OUTDOORS IN U.S."
                      That doesn't mean people who go to parks are racist.

By claiming it's the great white......... how is that supposed to make anyone want to enjoy the outdoors? This is just another race baiting article.
                      From the article:

"If we don't address this, and we don't see how all these things are interrelated, then we're going to risk losing everything," said Pannell. "You're not going to have public lands to enjoy."
                      Is that something that should be ignored just because it involves race? Again, your first instinct is to silence people instead of facing the problem.

How are black people "treated in general" that makes you feel so unsafe?
                      In my experience, being the only black guy somewhere generally leads to being harassed. Facing that in the middle of no where, wouldn't be worth the risk.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yet there are more poor White People than Poor Black People. Maybe it should be titled going to the national parks is for rich people?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

From the article:
                          The article is race bait pure and simple.

Your experience being the only black guy......

There are blacks that go out to the national parks.

My experience being the only white guy on numerous occasions has shown that harassment doesn't happen unless it is instigated by the person that is afraid.

If you treat people as humans; race, religion, beliefs, money.....doen't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Yet there are more poor White People than Poor Black People. Maybe it should be titled going to the national parks is for rich people?

Pruitt
                            That's the thing, wealth has nothing to do with visiting national parks......

Thus was another race bait article by the MSM to cause more division in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

The article is race bait pure and simple.

Your experience being the only black guy......

There are blacks that go out to the national parks.

My experience being the only white guy on numerous occasions has shown that harassment doesn't happen unless it is instigated by the person that is afraid.

If you treat people as humans; race, religion, beliefs, money.....doen't matter.
                              How is it race bait when the point of their concern is that the parks aren't receiving enough guests. They're not receiving enough guests because, according to them, minorities aren't going. Do you have data that would prove them wrong?
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X