Does Trump Threaten American Values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Trump Threaten American Values?

LtCol Vindman, who testified during the impeachment hearing, believes that Trump's actions as president threatens American values.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, who was fired from his post at the White House after he testified in the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, wrote in an op-ed Saturday: "At no point in my career or life have I felt our nation's values under greater threat and in more peril than at this moment."

Key impeachment inquiry witness says nation's values threatened under Trump
    Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, who was fired from his post at the White House after he testified in the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, wrote in an op-ed Saturday: "At no point in my career or life have I felt our nation's values under greater threat and in more peril than at this moment."

Vindman announced his retirement from the military last month, citing a "campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation" led by the president.

In an essay for The Washington Post, Vindman compared the current government to that of the Soviet Union. Vindman and his family emigrated from Ukraine when he was a young boy.

"Our national government during the past few years has been more reminiscent of the authoritarian regime my family fled more than 40 years ago than the country I have devoted my life to serving," he wrote.

"Our citizens are being subjected to the same kinds of attacks tyrants launch against their critics and political opponents. Those who choose loyalty to American values and allegiance to the Constitution over devotion to a mendacious president and his enablers are punished," Vindman continued.

He also said Mr. Trump "recklessly downplayed" the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.

Vindman referenced his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee in November, where he assured his father that he was not concerned about facing retaliation from the president.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

A more interesting question is if Trump himself is a product of American values
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

A product of deteriorating American values.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X