This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeals Court Overturns Marathon Bomber Tsarnaev's Death Sentence

A Federal appeals Court overturns Marathon Bomber Tsarnaev's Death Sentence. Perfectly Predictable. Could see this coming 7 years ago. Link below.

https://apnews.com/af38a703ab88fe922629dcc254cb41df

Some Thoughts

1. He got a fair trail. HE PLED GUILTY.

2. Everyone knows he was guilty.

3. The plan all along - as admitted by the government-paid defense lawyers who earned millions - was to play the long game to get an overturn decision at some point. (Which of course delays justice, even if the sentence would be eventually carried out).

4. IF YOU CAN'T A FAIR TRAIL BECAUSE EVERYONE IN THE JURY POOL KNOWS ABOUT IT, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET OFF IS TO COMMIT A NOTORIOUS, HORRIBLE, CRIME.

=================================================

Link to thread about the verdict in 2015 (attack in 2013)

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...arathon-bomber
    Last edited by lakechampainer; 01 Aug 20, 08:25.

Was the conviction overturned?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

No, the conviction for his acts was not overturned, just the death sentence. There will be a (or actually can be ) a retrial - as I understand it, that will be up to the US district attorney/Justice Dept.

excerpt from above AP article

An attorney for Tsarnaev said they are grateful for the court’s “straightforward and fair decision: if the government wishes to put someone to death, it must make its case to a fairly selected jury that is provided all relevant information.”

“It is now up to the government to determine whether to put the victims and Boston through a second trial, or to allow closure to this terrible tragedy by permitting a sentence of life without the possibility of release,” David Patton said in an email.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s office in Boston said they were reviewing the opinion and had no immediate comment. Prosecutors could ask the full appeals court to hear the case or go straight to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Comment

What abut the lives of the victims? Does the court care about them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          What abut the lives of the victims? Does the court care about them at all?
          On the 2015 ACG thread I linked to , one of the posters thought a lot of one of the victims - because that victim forgave Tsarnaev, aka "the tousled -haired youth"

Unfortunately, a lot of people think he was just a poor misled boy, he wasn't treated well here?????, America has done evil things throughout its history, and 98 other ridiculous reasons excusing his barbarism, and that of his brother, "Speedbump".

Comment

Maybe ... the guy will be found dead in his cell one of these days....
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
              Maybe ... the guy will be found dead in his cell one of these days....
              Or he will become a cellblock celebrity. The more heinous the crimes, the more brownie points for the animal responsible.

The inmates in our prisons are not normal human beings like we are.

Comment

I recall reading something about the older brother helping authorities with some very useful information...

So, if he did become an informant, does that justify saving his little brother?

“Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Its not as as if life in prison is better than death... So actually it doesnt matter.

Comment

1. Big brother died when run over by little brother, so there was no "help to authorities". Hence Big Brother's name of "Speedbump".

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...h-line-ongoing

2. It matters to me and many others.

3. The people of the United States through their representatives have a federal death penalty law. This is a miscarriage of justice. If people who are US citizens are against the death penalty, they should pursue changes through the procedures by which Federal laws are changed. This is exactly the type of reason many people have no confidence in the system - the elites once again get their way. The decision was overturned because everyone knew about the case. So again I point out, a criminal can get off simply by committing a horrible crime, which draws the attention of the President of the US in minutes.

Link to President Obama's address to the American People, pledging the full support of the federal government.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...ght-of-justice

4. People outside the US should worry about the legal systems in their own country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon_bombing
                    Last edited by lakechampainer; 02 Aug 20, 12:38.

Comment

Link to article from 2019 which discusses the appeal that was ultimately successful. Also, excerpt mentioning the lads' involvement in a triple murder. Note that the appeal made the claim that the jurors SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD about the triple murder. If they had, they obviously would have appealed on the opposite grounds - that it was prejudicial. No way for the average person to get justice. Heads the elites win, tails the honest Americans lose.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news...t-a-fair-trial

excerpt

But the defense will try to convince the court otherwise. During the original trial, Tsarnaev’s lawyers tried to introduce what they called mitigating evidence to show that he was under the control of his older brother Tamerlan, who was killed in a shootout in Watertown with police four days after the marathon. Recently unsealed documents indicate that Tamerlan took part in a grisly triple homicide in Waltham approximately 18 months before the bombing. Tsarnaev's legal team will tell the three-judge appellate panel that if O'Toole had allowed these documents into the court record it would have shown that the defendant was under the influence of his murderous brother.

The tousled-haired youth, aka "The Joker"

Last edited by lakechampainer; 02 Aug 20, 12:40.

Comment

Link to an article describing the triple murder and the investigation, then an excerpt which mentions the anti-Semitic motive, which somehow isn't brought up much by the media. For that matter, the triple murder is hardly brought up by the media. Doesn't fit the narrative of two nice boys who were just trying to make it in America on welfare, food stamps, free education, etc., whose parents came over on 90 day tourist visas and never went back. And certainly we don't hear much about how the Russian FSB tried to warn about Speedbump.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/2018/04/12...ation-dead-end

excerpt

n the space of seven years with no resolution, the Waltham triple murder case has taken on a life of its own and is the subject of alternative theories of what happened, ranging from an anti-Semitic hit job, since two of the victims were Jewish and the incident occurred on September 11th, to the belief that at least two of the men were government informants who ran afoul of organized crime. At a vigil for the three men not long ago I interviewed Mess’ friend, Kelly Griffin, who expressed concern about the rumors.

Last edited by lakechampainer; 02 Aug 20, 14:19.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, i am not against your peoples urge to kill murderers. All i stated was, that i dont think that a life in prison is neccessarily better than being dead. I get that for some reason this case is important for you. When i read what you say why his death penalty was changed, its because its impossible to find an independent jury which hasnt heard about his crimes before. So obviously, your law is flawed as this dude is a convicted terrorist who killed several people. What i dont get though is why "elites" have anything to do with this flawed law? If a judge decides to his "favour" (which i still dont think it is) its the law thats flawed. Where do elites come in, in this case?

Comment

I might be missing something here.

what is the deal with this talk of informants? Is it not the case two brothers were involved in the marathon bombing and one was killed when his brother ran him over?

The Younger brother is in jail presumably for the rest of his natural life. Is he informing on somebody else from jail ?
                            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                              I might be missing something here.

what is the deal with this talk of informants? Is it not the case two brothers were involved in the marathon bombing and one was killed when his brother ran him over?

The Younger brother is in jail presumably for the rest of his natural life. Is he informing on somebody else from jail ?
                              The supposed informants or alleged informants were the victims of the Waltham triple murder.

And again, Tsarnaev was sentenced to death. He should already have been executed.

The jury had a choice. They deliberated and returned with a death sentence.

I refuse to go along with, well, it was his brother, life is worse than death, they were discriminated against because they were Muslims etc. x 98

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X