This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The mail-in ballots are bar coded along with other safeguards. Five states have been voting by mail for a few years now.

This is nothing more than Trump's attempt to scare voters and it looks like its working here.
    all the bar coding in the world didn't stop this from happening with only 400,000 voter involved:

Nearly six weeks later, two congressional races remain undecided, and officials are trading blame over the mishandling of tens of thousands of mail-in ballots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html

Is this the NYT trying to scare voters?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Is this the NYT trying to scare voters?
      No, but Trump most certainly is with his ranting about mail-in voting. He's undoubtedly doing that because he is scared to death of losing.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And where is your proof or at least some credible sources for your outlandish and ludicrous claims?
        It's a prediction based on Demo behavior. Are you claiming they wouldn't do what I described?
        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
          It's a prediction based on Demo behavior. Are you claiming they wouldn't do what I described?
          I am stating that you have no idea what will happen. Whatever does happen, there is a good chance that common sense might return to the White House. Trump has been an unmitigated disaster for the country.

Further, anyone who supports Trump also supports rampant corruption, subservience to Putin and the Russians, and lying as a way of life.
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

No, but Trump most certainly is with his ranting about mail-in voting. He's undoubtedly doing that because he is scared to death of losing.
            Actually, facts back up what Trump is claiming:

Now, nearly six weeks later, two closely watched congressional races remain undecided, and major delays in counting a deluge of 400,000 mail-in ballots and other problems are being cited as examples of the challenges facing the nation as it looks toward conducting the November general election during the pandemic.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and other officials are trading blame for the botched counting in the city, and the Postal Service is coming under criticism over whether it is equipped to handle the sharp increase in absentee ballots.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

You've cited no 'facts' to back up Trump's false accusations. He's claiming mail in ballots will lead to voter fraud. Where in your posting and reference is fraud cited?

This is from the New York Times article that you partially cited:

'There is no evidence that the primary results were tainted by criminal malfeasance, according to a wide array of election officials and representatives of campaigns.'

Once again, support Trump no matter what even though he is hurting the nation with his lies and corruption and fear-mongering.

Comment

There is no evidence that the primary results
                Once again backing up the left no matter what damage it does to our Republic.

There are no results from the June election, they couldn't handle 400,000 mail in ballots. Do you think there will be some magic in Novemebr with over 130 million voters?

Stick to facts, not democrat hyperbole. USPS can't handle that volume of ballots and for they people that don't have an address; how will thy vote?

Comment

Once again backing up the left no matter what damage it does to our Republic.

There are no results from the June election, they couldn't handle 400,000 mail in ballots. Do you think there will be some magic in Novemebr with over 130 million voters?

Stick to facts, not democrat hyperbole. USPS can't handle that volume of ballots and for they people that don't have an address; how will thy vote?
                  yep, but facts mean nothing if they do not agree with their agenda

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Now, nearly six weeks later, two closely watched congressional races remain undecided, and major delays in counting a deluge of 400,000 mail-in ballots and other problems are being cited as examples of the challenges facing the nation as it looks toward conducting the November general election during the pandemic.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and other officials are trading blame for the botched counting in the city, and the Postal Service is coming under criticism over whether it is equipped to handle the sharp increase in absentee ballots.

You are trotting this around all the related threads and yet I still cannot get anyone to answer my question:

In 2012 and 2016 a combined 80 million voters voted via absentee ballot. This was not only deemed legal and appropriate, it also didn't seem to raise any eyebrows. Since humans are involved, I think it's pretty safe to assume there were some fraudulent, mishandled, spoiled, and uncounted ballots. Yet the vote worked.

So: Why is the process problematic NOW? What's changed in four years?

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post

You are trotting this around all the related threads and yet I still cannot get anyone to answer my question:

In 2012 and 2016 a combined 80 million voters voted via absentee ballot. This was not only deemed legal and appropriate, it also didn't seem to raise any eyebrows. Since humans are involved, I think it's pretty safe to assume there were some fraudulent, mishandled, spoiled, and uncounted ballots. Yet the vote worked.

The same subject is being discussed in numerous threads. The answer doesn't change when the subject is the same.

2012 & 2016 combined 80 million...... they are talking about potentionally doubling that number for one election.

The USPS has already made it clear that they would have problems getting the ballots in on time.

The NYC is a perfect example of 400,000 only 400,000.....and they couldn't handle it.

Comment

The same subject is being discussed in numerous threads. The answer doesn't change when the subject is the same.

2012 & 2016 combined 80 million...... they are talking about potentionally doubling that number for one election.

The USPS has already made it clear that they would have problems getting the ballots in on time.

The NYC is a perfect example of 400,000 only 400,000.....and they couldn't handle it.
                        What were the problems in NYC?

It seems reasonable that if they can handle 45 million in a single election, that the issues facing an election of 400,000 shouldn't be insurmountable.

And once you've scaled to handle tens of millions, doubling it isn't as large a leap as you might think. The heavy lifting has been done.

But, finally, can the US really afford NOT to have a working, large scale absentee ballot process? The US has hundreds of thousands of members of its military and foreign service serving overseas. Plus Americans working in other countries. There are 750,000 ex-pats in Canada alone, for god's sake.

The US has had a functioning absentee ballot system for over a hundred years. It seems to have been perfectly satisfactory up until this election.

Comment

Mr Donald Trump ?

Comment

But, finally, can the US really afford NOT to have a working, large scale absentee ballot process? The US has hundreds of thousands of members of its military and foreign service serving overseas. Plus Americans working in other countries. There are 750,000 ex-pats in Canada alone, for god's sake.
                            We aren't talking about absentee voting, we are talking about mail in voting. There is a difference.

Do you know how absentee voting works?

Comment

By mail
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                                By mail
                                The person requests an absentee ballot. The polling place confirms it and sends a ballot. As probably did on active service and after you retired.

The current version of mail in voting is the ballots are sent to a person's address without the person requesting it.

How many dead people receive stimulus checks a few months ago?

The USPS is saying that they would have problems handling ballots for everyone. The fiasco in NYC pretty much shows that....from a voting population of 400,000 only.

I just looked it up, 1.1 million dead people received stimulus checks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X