A most dangerous election shaping up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I agree, Opinions are like As----les, everyone has one, and these days most of the so called Sources are nothing but opinions!
    The subject of vote fraud is not new. One would expect that by now the facts would have been clear to everybody. If this is not the case, and I need as a legal resident to correct American citizens about the voting procedures then this shows something about the mindset and media sources that some people use.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...41#post5195941

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

If it will be by Mail, I know it will be rigged and I know who will win, thank God here in Texas one has to show up in person!

Originally posted by pamak

Are you sure about that?
    • https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/voter/reqabbm.shtml

Application for a Ballot by Mail

To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must:
      • be 65 years or older;
      • be disabled;
      • be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
      • be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
    So, for once I agree with you in that we do not have deficiency of opinions. We have a deficiency of facts upon which we form opinions. But the facts are available out there for those who are really interested in finding them.
    Last edited by pamak; 01 Aug 20, 23:11.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
      But the facts are available out there for those who are really interested in finding them.
      A more accurate statement has not been made on this forum, especially since 2015. Well done. And I agree completely-all you have to do is research, which some on this forum don't understand at all.

We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And then we have this: A nominating process is to be held in secret. What is Trump scared of this time?

1.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

The vote to renominate President Donald Trump is set to be conducted in private later this month, without members of the press present, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Convention, citing the coronavirus.

While Trump called off the public components of the convention in Florida last month, citing spiking cases of the virus across the country, 336 delegates are scheduled to gather in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Aug. 24 to formally vote to make Trump the GOP standard-bearer once more.

Nominating conventions are traditionally meant to be media bonanzas, as political parties seek to leverage the attention the events draw to spread their message to as many voters as possible. If the GOP decision stands, it will mark the first party nominating convention in modern history to be closed to reporters.

2.https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/polit...ess/index.html

The dramatically scaled-down Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be closed to the press, a convention spokesperson and Republican official familiar with the plans tell CNN.

Reporters will not be allowed on site as RNC delegates vote to formally nominate President Donald Trump as the 2020 Republican presidential nominee, but the vote will be livestreamed, the Republican official said.
        The restriction is unprecedented in modern American political history, but Republican officials said they were forced to limit attendance due to social distancing restrictions imposed by the governor of North Carolina.
        "Given the health restrictions and limitations in place within the state of North Carolina, we are planning for the Charlotte activities to be closed press Friday, August 21 -- Monday, August 24," the RNC convention spokesperson said in a statement Saturday."We are happy to let you know if this changes, but we are working within the parameters set before us by state and local guidelines regarding the number of people who can attend events," the spokesperson said.

3.https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sr-sot-vpx.cnn

Wolf Blitzer blasts 'ridiculous' RNC decision

CNN's Wolf Blitzer discusses news that the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be closed to the press with presidential historian Douglas Brinkley and global affairs analyst Susan Glasser.

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Trump is in electoral trouble?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Enten: This is the latest sign that Trump is in trouble

CNN analyst Harry Enten explains recent polling that shows some historically Republican states could be more competitive leading into the 2020 presidential election, and other factors that could make President Donald Trump's reelection challenging.

Comment

The proposal of mail in ballots is preposterous. I say let the election be like always. You must be a live American citizen that is registered to vote and must show identification at the voting locations. Wearing masks, using gloves, and 6 foot distances between voters. It will take longer but at least we can be sure there is no voter fraud.

If millions of people can protest en masse then they can vote in person as well.

Mail in ballots will have negative and possibly violent outcome for both parties. If Trump wins the Dems will be screaming voter fraud (which they did in 2016 with no evidence) and if he loses the Republicans will do the same.
            Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

Comment

I think voting machines are as problematic if not a lot more problematic than mail in voting. Nothing is 100% proof, but i like the paper in sealed boxes that is counted by several different people. Its the simplest and most pragmatic and in my opinion safest way to vote.

Comment

The proposal of mail in ballots is preposterous.
                Trump and most all his family voted by mail this year. Still preposterous?
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Knispel View Post
                  The proposal of mail in ballots is preposterous. I say let the election be like always. You must be a live American citizen that is registered to vote and must show identification at the voting locations. Wearing masks, using gloves, and 6 foot distances between voters. It will take longer but at least we can be sure there is no voter fraud.

If millions of people can protest en masse then they can vote in person as well.

Mail in ballots will have negative and possibly violent outcome for both parties. If Trump wins the Dems will be screaming voter fraud (which they did in 2016 with no evidence) and if he loses the Republicans will do the same.
                  I agree

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

The mail-in ballots are bar coded along with other safeguards. Five states have been voting by mail for a few years now.

This is nothing more than Trump's attempt to scare voters and it looks like its working here.

Comment

I'm honestly confused about all this nonsense over election practices. Hasn't the USA figured this out yet? Do they need outside neutral help holding free and fair elections? I thought in this day and age for a modern advanced society that basic election practices were fundamentally established long ago

I can't remember the last time I heard of major election concerns for a first-world developed nation...

Comment

Originally posted by Schmart View Post
                        I'm honestly confused about all this nonsense over election practices. Hasn't the USA figured this out yet? Do they need outside neutral help holding free and fair elections? I thought in this day and age for a modern advanced society that basic election practices were fundamentally established long ago

I can't remember the last time I heard of major election concerns for a first-world developed nation...
                        It's not very confusing. If democrats say something, republicans think it's a bad idea. If not the worst. If republicans say something the democrats think it's a bad idea. If not the worst. It's like two children sulking.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

WHAT WRONG DOING.Democrats as a whole in Washington and elsewhere are so UNAMERICAN!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X