A most dangerous election shaping up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A most dangerous election shaping up

All the signs are there. Trump isn't going to go easily if he loses. He has floated the idea of postponing the election. He is already calling fraud on mail in ballots, and he seems to be undermining the postal service to prevent those ballots from arriving in time. Is he above manufacturing an incident to declare an emergency? Probably not but there are some worrying signs such as a police force with exceptional powers being built up and sent out. My own belief is that Trump is now coming under the realization that if he loses then he will soon after be caught for all his wrong doing. That's what is now striking fear in him and makes him desperate and makes this election dangerous.

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    My own belief is that Trump is now coming under the realization that if he loses then he will soon after be caught for all his wrong doing. That's what is now striking fear in him and makes him desperate and makes this election dangerous.
    I do not believe your conclusion is correct. No one with a pulse could have missed vindicativeness of the DNC and failed to predict events from day one of the Trump administration. Even had Trump done absolutely nothing right, wrong, or otherwise, the same actions would have been undertaken by his opponents.
    ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
    2) Enjoy playing it
    3) Enjoy sharing it
    4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

What's most concerning are the millions of people who believe all the **** he's shoveling.

If anything this presidency has shown just how bias people can be. As Trump said during the campaign, "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters." He knows his voters are sheep, he told them that to their face, yet they still proudly march along. Happy to be manipulated and strung along by their dear leader.

Yes, this election will be very dangerous. Not only will Trump not accept the results, neither will his sheep and there's no telling what they might do.
      Last edited by TactiKill J.; 31 Jul 20, 03:03.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Isn't it funny how a similar proposal by Democrats in 2012 didn't so much as raise an eyebrow? The reason, voters would have a problem making it to the polling place due to extensive hurricane damage. Note, the November 2016 elections took place as normal.

Will the November 2020 be the same? Not likely given how the media continues to panic the public over the cornovirus in order to encourage them to vote by mail where that vote can be subjected to all kinds of abuse as was done in Florida in 2000 and in Minnesota in 2008 by Democrats. (Overseas mail was late and not counted given that the military vote is overwhelming Republican and thousands of votes for Democrats magically appeared in Minnesota to give the Democrats a filibuster proof Senate.)
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

And Trump's 'attempt' to reschedule the election isn't going to work:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...?ocid=msedgdhp

President Trump drew immediate rebukes from across the political spectrum Thursday after proposing a delay to the November election and claiming without evidence that widespread mail balloting would be a “catastrophic disaster” leading to fraudulent results.

Trump encounters broad pushback to his suggestion to delay the Nov. 3 election
          President Trump drew immediate rebukes from across the political spectrum Thursday after proposing a delay to the November election and claiming without evidence that widespread mail balloting would be a “catastrophic disaster” leading to fraudulent results.

The suggestion represented Trump’s latest, and most dramatic, attempt to undermine public faith in the Nov. 3 election, a trend that has grown more frequent and emphatic as polls have shown his political fortunes declining. The president has attacked mail voting nearly 70 times since late March in interviews, remarks and tweets, including at least 17 times this month, according to a tally by The Washington Post.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

I don't know if he 'won't go easily'. I think he's just priming a ready excuse for if he loses. But if he wins? Is it still electoral fraud? Nope. He'll change the narrative to "greatest electoral victory in history". He's become very predictable with his changing narratives. It only counts as inaccurate and fraudulent if he loses or makes him look bad...

That, and it's probably typical political diversionary tactics. Bad news everywhere else, so get people talking about something different. An old and reliable political trick used by all.

South Korea had normal national elections at the height of the pandemic. Why can't the American's pull it off?
            Last edited by Schmart; 31 Jul 20, 12:50.

Comment

Every four years that drum gets beat: "if he loses the election, he won't go." In 244 years it hasn't happened. When it does, you be sure to wake me, okay.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

All the signs are there. Trump isn't going to go easily if he loses. He has floated the idea of postponing the election. He is already calling fraud on mail in ballots, and he seems to be undermining the postal service to prevent those ballots from arriving in time. Is he above manufacturing an incident to declare an emergency? Probably not but there are some worrying signs such as a police force with exceptional powers being built up and sent out. My own belief is that Trump is now coming under the realization that if he loses then he will soon after be caught for all his wrong doing. That's what is now striking fear in him and makes him desperate and makes this election dangerous.
                Exact description of how Clinton and the democrats handled her loss to Trump.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  Every four years that drum gets beat: "if he loses the election, he won't go." In 244 years it hasn't happened. When it does, you be sure to wake me, okay.
                  Hi Slick. I wish I had your confidence.

Comment

He was only stating historical facts. Even the lefts attempt to undo the last election didn't work.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

We've never had a president like Trump, so historical precedence doesn't carry much weight. But, let's say he does go, how is his base going to respond? They're already plotting and executing domestic terror attacks in an attempt to start a war. What are they going to resort to if they feel their dear leader is unfairly voted out? Which goes back to my original point. I don't think Trump is planting these seeds as an excuse for himself, or a reason to stay, I think he's actively trying to incite chaos and violence.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Any day now, a dinosaur-annihilating meteor is going to strike the earth. The last one hit us 64 million years ago, so statistically speaking, I guess we're due. Now what would you suggest that I do in the meantime, stand on the corner, wave my Bible, and shout to passers-by, "repent -- the End is nigh!"?

In order for a president to remain in office after the expiration of his term, he would need rock-solid support from all the leading officials and officers from all of the law enforcement, intelligence, and military agencies; not just politically appointed directors, but rank-and-file career personnel, as well. We're talking hundreds of thousands of men and women, of all races, nationalities, religions, and political sentiments. Now honestly, can you see a Trump -- or an Obama or a Bush or a Clinton -- securing that kind of support? All of a sudden that extinction meteor seems far more likely, doesn't it?

Why not just ask the current and retired US military personnel that participate regularly on the forum, if they'd be willing to compromise their oath to keep their preferred political figure in office beyond his lawful term, or in defiance of election results. Even the diehards, upon genuine reflection, aren't willing to do that. It would be sheer madness, and we all know it.

So do you still hold my confidence against me? After all, I know -- in my marrow -- that USA men's ice hockey will vanquish their Canuckian nemesis and hoist Olympic gold, and it will happen in my lifetime.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Any day now, a dinosaur-annihilating meteor is going to strike the earth. The last one hit us 64 million years ago, so statistically speaking, I guess we're due. Now what would you suggest that I do in the meantime, stand on the corner, wave my Bible, and shout to passers-by, "repent -- the End is nigh!"?

In order for a president to remain in office after the expiration of his term, he would need rock-solid support from all the leading officials and officers from all of the law enforcement, intelligence, and military agencies; not just politically appointed directors, but rank-and-file career personnel, as well. We're talking hundreds of thousands of men and women, of all races, nationalities, religions, and political sentiments. Now honestly, can you see a Trump -- or an Obama or a Bush or a Clinton -- securing that kind of support? All of a sudden that extinction meteor seems far more likely, doesn't it?

Why not just ask the current and retired US military personnel that participate regularly on the forum, if they'd be willing to compromise their oath to keep their preferred political figure in office beyond his lawful term, or in defiance of election results. Even the diehards, upon genuine reflection, aren't willing to do that. It would be sheer madness, and we all know it.

So do you still hold my confidence against me? After all, I know -- in my marrow -- that USA men's ice hockey will vanquish their Canuckian nemesis and hoist Olympic gold, and it will happen in my lifetime.
                          You assume that these members will believe that the election results are legitimate which based on what we have seen so far, should not be taken for granted. And if the rhetoric about " voting fraud" continues and Trump losses and (unlike previous politicians) refuses to accept the election results, or argues for a new election next year, then I would not be surprised if some former at least military personnel may believe that supporting Trump is actually the "patriotic" thing to do to defend the US constitution from the usual suspects (illegal immigrants and communists).

By the way, a long time ago I asked this question and some people here avoided give an answer!
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And here is the post with my question:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...64#post5056064

17 Aug 18, 19:02
                            Hers is my question to Trump supporters,

If Trump loses the next elections (2020) and decides to declare the result as "fake elections" and "fraud" without showing any evidence other than the type go evidence he used in the previous election to argue about the "millions" of the illegal voters, will this be enough for you to stop supporting him?
                            If this will not be enough for you, then what will you do?

Some Trump supporters here had no problem to answer the hypothetical while others were acting like I was trying to pull their teeth...
                            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                              And here is the post with my question:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...64#post5056064

17 Aug 18, 19:02
                              Hers is my question to Trump supporters,

If Trump loses the next elections (2020) and decides to declare the result as "fake elections" and "fraud" without showing any evidence other than the type go evidence he used in the previous election to argue about the "millions" of the illegal voters, will this be enough for you to stop supporting him?
                              If this will not be enough for you, then what will you do?

Some Trump supporters here had no problem to answer the hypothetical while others were acting like I was trying to pull their teeth...
                              You're the one constantly bashing Trump.

If you win,how will prove it wasn't a rigged election? How will account for illegals and the dead who vote for Democrats at every election?

We haven't got a problem- you do.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X